Senior Citizen Thread

Are there other forums for senior citizens? Nothing's wrong with AllDeaf, it just seems short in the senior department!

Are there other forums for senior citizens? Nothing's wrong with AllDeaf, it just seems short in the senior department!

:hmm:...Lots of seniors here at AD....me, Reba, WDYS, Botti, Trainman, Bongalong (spelled wrong...:giggle:)...lots more...

I will be in 27 years so please have patience :lol:

I'm 31 myself, but feel like 25. I feel way more youthful than I have in YEARS.

This doesn't matter, you are old anyway. Just stick in the Seniors thread :lol:

(The truth is that I am envious of your feels, I do actually feel older than I am!)

Last edited:
This doesn't matter, you are old anyway. Just stick in the Seniors thread :lol:

(The truth is that I am envious of your feels, I do actually feel older than I am!)

Well...... there's a secret to that. One I found is that staying active during ALL seasons helps a LOT. Previously I used to be only an spring and summer kind of guy, but with my having taken photos in November, December, and January, I think it's kind of obvious I'm not taking sitting on my bum in the winter for granted. Too much to do and see for that.

I will be 81 years old before long and I live all alone in a large 3 bedroom home and I do very well. I drive and do all of my own shopping, etc. I can imagine that it might be difficult for SOME but many of us do very well. Mind over matter!

My husband and I were discussing what to do with this house. Do we sell it and move into a bigger home but then again when all the kids are grown up and out of the house, we wonder if the space will be wasted and have to sell again to get a smaller place. My house is the perfect size for a couple but right now 6 people live here so we are between a rock and a hard place right now. Do we spend a lot of money on updating it and stay here but crowded or fix it up a little bit and buy a bigger place but in about 8 years, all the kids would have grown up.

Do you make use of all the space you have? Is it a lot of work to maintain it? My mom lives alone in a 3 bedroom house and she wants to sell it so badly and retire in a smaller home but her house value is too low right now (in Phx, AZ where the housing market suffered badly from the recession).

My husband and I were discussing what to do with this house. Do we sell it and move into a bigger home but then again when all the kids are grown up and out of the house, we wonder if the space will be wasted and have to sell again to get a smaller place. My house is the perfect size for a couple but right now 6 people live here so we are between a rock and a hard place right now. Do we spend a lot of money on updating it and stay here but crowded or fix it up a little bit and buy a bigger place but in about 8 years, all the kids would have grown up.

Shel, since you seem to be leaning that way, it might be a better idea for your later years to take out an 8 year to pay back remodeling project now.....?

I will be 81 years old before long and I live all alone in a large 3 bedroom home and I do very well. I drive and do all of my own shopping, etc. I can imagine that it might be difficult for SOME but many of us do very well. Mind over matter!

No it's not mind over matter . I had clients that wanted to get up and go but their bodies would not let them . They tried get better and not give it but it was losing battle . One of the biggest complains my clients had was their minds were still a shape as hell and they still know how drive a car or tractor or used the stairs but they were trapped in a useless body. It was very dad to see . I had one client in his 90 and he was a real character and he told me that he would rather go outside and run around tree until he had a heart attack before going into a nursing house , his legs gave out before he could do that. Yeah some people do give in and let old age take over , but I only had a couple of clients like . I hope when you can no longer drive give up keys or that doctor report you to the polices for being a risk on the roads.

Back