SEE is a language... It's English...

Status
Not open for further replies.
not at all. A child can have intelligible spoken language and still love and use ASL and be a part of the Deaf community. Why wouldn't they?

yes but it would be a whole another different story if that deaf person has audist/oralist attitude or similar.

As long as your daughter does not exhibit such attitude at much later age... cool with me!

Wirelessly posted

faire_jour said:
Wirelessly posted

BecLak said:
FJ, you are contradicting youself there.

how so?

Your first and last sentences contradict each other.[/QUOTE]

not at all. A child can have intelligible spoken language and still love and use ASL and be a part of the Deaf community. Why wouldn't they?[/QUOTE]

Must I point out your own post? Really FJ that is just too much! Read everything in between the first and last sentences to see how those two sentences would contradict each other.

Wirelessly posted

Jiro said:
Wirelessly posted

dd, i won't lie, i'm glad my child developed intelligible spoken language. Even at age 5 she was starting to get left out at family gatherings and on the playground. It sucked and i always advocated for her and she was developing very good age-appropriate ways to deal with the situations, but yeah, as a parent, it killed me to see kids talk behind her back because they knew she couldn't hear them. Or see kids yell at her because she would sign to them and they didn't understand her. That is why we were so heavily involved with the Deaf community. There she FIT! There was no struggle, no misunderstandings. She was home.

:ty: for your honesty. You finally came out of closet. I perfectly understand your situation and I have no problem with it.

I wish other parents would do same instead of dancing around behind the lies they don't believe in.

i have never tried to hide it. ASL provided language, knowledge and a community for her. Spoken language has simply opened a few doors that she didn't have before. Could she have been absolutely, amazingly successful without ASL, flat out NO WAY! Without spoken language and a CI, sure. People do it every day.

Your first and last sentences contradict each other.

Must I point out your own post? Really FJ that is just too much! Read everything in between the first and last sentences to see how those two sentences would contradict each other.

all part of learning process as parents' deaf children get older. they're starting to realize what they thought before isn't working as they expected.

hence my old post somewhere many pages ago - "same ole' same ole'." I'm wondering when will cycle ever end. All I can hope for is lesser numbers of frequencies.

i have never tried to hide it. ASL provided language, knowledge and a community for her. Spoken language has simply opened a few doors that she didn't have before. Could she have been absolutely, amazingly successful without ASL, flat out NO WAY! Without spoken language and a CI, sure. People do it every day.

ssssshhhhh...... it's ok. we got it.

Wirelessly posted

BecLak said:
Wirelessly posted

faire_jour said:
Wirelessly posted

BecLak said:
FJ, you are contradicting youself there.

how so?

Your first and last sentences contradict each other.

not at all. A child can have intelligible spoken language and still love and use ASL and be a part of the Deaf community. Why wouldn't they?[/QUOTE]

Must I point out your own post? Really FJ that is just too much! Read everything in between the first and last sentences to see how those two sentences would contradict each other.[/QUOTE]

they simply don't. Before age 5, my child used ASL only. After a CI, she developed spoken language. That does not take away her connection to ASL and the Deaf community. Because of her implants she can now easily communicate with other kids at the playground, her extended family, and even strangers, but that doesn't mean that she doesn't still love ASL and the Deaf community.

No thank you. Don't like it? Don't read it. It doesn't bother me. and I am not degrading your son because I am not talking to him directly. You are speaking for him so you are not doing him a favor. Shame on you.

oh? and you have no problem beating us like a dead horse that SEE is a language? and you didn't care that you offended us?

you hypocrite witch.

I would tell anyone who isn't interested in what I have to say either don't read it, or block me. Much the same as you said.

Also, I'm not beating any dead horse that SEE itself is a language. I clarified my position that it is another mode of English.

I don't quite understand why you are expressing such passionate negative feelings towards me, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you would lay off. The personal attacks against my son and I are not necessary. So is the immature name calling.

Doesn't matter if your talking directly or indirectly about my son. He is my child and it is never appropriate to intentionally demean a child.

Doesn't matter if your talking directly or indirectly about my son. He is my child and it is never appropriate to intentionally demean a child.

*yawn* are you done with that victim card? don't like it? then don't talk about your son and parade him around like Sarah Palin and her nephew with DS.

and you're all upset about me calling your son an Oral Deaf because its philosophy contradicts your core beliefs? lol!!!!!! :laugh2:

oh boy.... you are creating any definition and philosophy whatever it deems fit for you and you ignored us.... lectured to us... and corrected us. example - http://www.alldeaf.com/sign-language-oralism/85690-see-language-its-english.html :laugh2:

I would tell anyone who isn't interested in what I have to say either don't read it, or block me. Much the same as you said.

Also, I'm not beating any dead horse that SEE itself is a language. I clarified my position that it is another mode of English.

I don't quite understand why you are expressing such passionate negative feelings towards me, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you would lay off. The personal attacks against my son and I are not necessary. So is the immature name calling.

:cry:

nothingtoseehere.jpg

This thread isn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back