Security Warning box

Oddball

Stay weird
Premium Member
Reaction score
I received a Security Warning box.

"You have requested an encrypted page that contains some unencrypted information. Information that you see or enter on this page could easily be ready by a third party."

Alert me whenever I'm about to view an encrypted page that contains some unencrypted information."

AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes could not find anything!!

HELP!! :eek3:

What browser are you using?

Some pages are not designed correctly and you will get these warnings. You could use a different browser...

It is unlikely you have a virus or malware problem if your software can't find anything.

It just letting you know that if you are in encrypted website, like banking account or whatever, and it will inform you if you are recieving unecrypted information, do not do any further action on feeding any personal information like SS# banking account and such since you are no longer in secure page. So, as an example, if you click a link in the encrypted website and suddenly routed to different page (or website) that is unencrypted.. it will alert you.

That what it sound like.

What browser are you using?

Some pages are not designed correctly and you will get these warnings. You could use a different browser...

It is unlikely you have a virus or malware problem if your software can't find anything.

I am using Firefox browser. It was fine until I got the box. What the hell is that? :hmm:

It just mean for that page you loaded, the content or whoever wrote the page is calling some code that can make whatever information you fill in visible for others if they wanted to hack or do something with it. Like if you were using public wifi and there is a smart computer guy there can see what info you're putting in that page.

Make sure your firefox is latest version.

If you give us the site name and we visit it we will likely get the same warning. It should not be a virus or anything on your computer at all, it has to do with the site. Usually code that affects encryption are javascript, java, flash, ssl and related kind that can trigger security stuff.

I've heard this before. Have you checked your computer's day, date and time and time zone.. Is it current or wrong. Sometime when its internal battery which powers the BIOS to keep its settings and clock/date time went dead, it resets. When you power up the computer and browse online. You'll get security warning message. It happens all the time when my son was using old AMD64 system that have weak BIOS battery. I told him to fix date, time and time zone so that he can get into game without security warning.

Got it?

Catty

"You have requested an encrypted page that contains some unencrypted information. Information that you see or enter on this page could easily be ready by a third party."

Alert me whenever I'm about to view an encrypted page that contains some unencrypted information."

AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes could not find anything!!

That's used for phishing website steal your credit card information. You better cancel credit card during you ordered items any websites. They stole your credit card information already.

Someone ordered nail remover supply with my credit card information. I reported my bank about fraud. Bank took care of it and cancel my card, re-new card and refund as my money back.

Any anti-virus or anti-spyware programs are not help it. Only Anti-phishing toolbar program on webistes. It will tell you green light or red light when you order items

GREEN LIGHT
virus4.jpg

RED LIGHT
virus3.jpg

Last edited:

send us a link

I've heard this before. Have you checked your computer's day, date and time and time zone.. Is it current or wrong. Sometime when its internal battery which powers the BIOS to keep its settings and clock/date time went dead, it resets. When you power up the computer and browse online. You'll get security warning message. It happens all the time when my son was using old AMD64 system that have weak BIOS battery. I told him to fix date, time and time zone so that he can get into game without security warning.

Got it?

Catty

Day, date, and time, and time zone are correct on my computer. My computer is 11 years old....

It just mean for that page you loaded, the content or whoever wrote the page is calling some code that can make whatever information you fill in visible for others if they wanted to hack or do something with it. Like if you were using public wifi and there is a smart computer guy there can see what info you're putting in that page.

Make sure your firefox is latest version.

If you give us the site name and we visit it we will likely get the same warning. It should not be a virus or anything on your computer at all, it has to do with the site. Usually code that affects encryption are javascript, java, flash, ssl and related kind that can trigger security stuff.

I did download the latest firefox and got the same box.. WTF?

Give us the website, we can check here too find out what's wrong.

That's used for phishing website steal your credit card information. You better cancel credit card during you ordered items any websites. They stole your credit card information already.

Someone ordered nail remover supply with my credit card information. I reported my bank about fraud. Bank took care of it and cancel my card, re-new card and refund as my money back.

Any anti-virus or anti-spyware programs are not help it. Only Anti-phishing toolbar program on webistes. It will tell you green light or red light when you order items

GREEN LIGHT
virus4.jpg

RED LIGHT
virus3.jpg

Hmm, I should download anti phishing toolbar program...

Which website you got the Security Warning!
icon4.gif

Sighs. it is hard to tell because sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't get it when I surf internet.

AOL
Bank of America
and a few others..I don't recall.

Does the security warning let you check in a box that says "Alert me whenever I'm about to view an encrypted page that contains some unencrypted information."

You should check that in and press OK, it's normal. I think I understand what it is now.

This is what you should see if you visit aol.com from the certificate info in firefox:

Attachments

• oddball_securitywarning2.jpg
    oddball_securitywarning2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 6
  • oddball_securitywarning.jpg
    oddball_securitywarning.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 6
Sighs. it is hard to tell because sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't get it when I surf internet.

AOL
Bank of America
and a few others..I don't recall.

Oh, that Bank of America is safe. They have two-way keys as SiteKey, Passcode. Nobody can't break in your BOA account. I'm BOA member, too.

Simple: GREEN LIGHT by McAfee SiteAdvisor under McAfee Anti-virus program.
green.jpg

Back