Science Fiction novel

ronsharpe

Reaction score
My name is Ron and I am interested in learning about the non-hearing world in order to write a Science Fiction novel , the plot being the interface that results from the accidental meeting of two planets, one hearing and the other, non-hearing. My thesis would be the development of increased telepathy in the non-hearing world as a result of not having sound. I am a senior citizen.

My name is Ron and I am interested in learning about the non-hearing world in order to write a Science Fiction novel , the plot being the interface that results from the accidental meeting of two planets, one hearing and the other, non-hearing. My thesis would be the development of increased telepathy in the non-hearing world as a result of not having sound. I am a senior citizen.

Hi Ron! As a fiction writer myself, I think I can give you some good advice. My suggestions depend on where your novel falls in the spectrum of science fiction. If you’re writing something that is very science-based and needs to be extremely plausible, then the non-hearing world should use a signed language not telepathy. If your novel is more on the science fantasy side of the spectrum, then telepathy would be fine. However, in my honest and very personal opinion, telepathy feels like quite a cop-out. From an evolutionary stand-point, a signed language would develop much quicker, and therefore be more practical, than telepathy. I hope this helps, and happy writing!

Back