Scammers Still Around?

prostock19

Reaction score
Are there still scammers trying to get people to send money?? I remember before they were contacting people by Yahoo! Messenger. I had another strange contact today saying she was from Michigan, and something about Africa...simular to the last one saying she was from Penn and in Africa.

Yes, there are plenty of scammers all over the place. There was a gal claims she is from North Aurora, Illinois and wants help flying home cuz she's stuck in Nigeria, geez!

you could reply to them....I know you're a scammer! I will fucking kill you and get the FBI after you!

Usually, if you just let them know that you're aware that its a scam, they'll leave you alone. Regardless of who it is, always be suspicious and cautious.

And if the person mentions Nigeria, Ghana, or any part of Africa for that matter, abort.

there are scammers trying to scam people on deafVP.com, clicking on "request VP number" and sending them the message about someone died and left $$ and all that crap.. I've gotten two requests so far and clicked "NO" .. boy, they are annoying! First getting these scams in emails from nigeria, etc and now this? ugh :mad:

I mentioned it and this one got all defensive. What do they think we are?? Stupid??

Yea it still around of course. Geez when is this gotta stop. It is so annoyed. I received one yesterday. Dang I delated of course but but how the heck they got our email address. I would like mine email address in private. I am sure everyone else want their email and phone number private. My phone number is private. Thanks goodness.

Man, what are these scammers, stupid or something. I told this last one I was Richard Petty

(SC)Richard_Petty_Photo.jpg

Scam artists has been around for thousands of years, and it won't disappear. Scam artists always find new way to con people regardless. The best defense is prevention. Always keep in mind "If this is too good to be true, then probably it is!"

There are many ways to defense yourself! Recently Sorenson had warned all subscribers of possible scam artist asking members for the vital information because Sorenson ran into problem with database... Sorenson don't have any problem whatsover and have no intention to ask for any vital info ANYTIME in future.

prostock19 said:
Are there still scammers trying to get people to send money?? I remember before they were contacting people by Yahoo! Messenger. I had another strange contact today saying she was from Michigan, and something about Africa...simular to the last one saying she was from Penn and in Africa.

Got email from this one...
jenifer1984:

hi!!!!!!!!
HELLO
This is tessy roland from united state of america some years ago my father live is country united state of americaand move** down to africa* and want to go to a area at nigeria callabuja and want to go and see his buisness partner* who lives in nigeria just because he owns him just some amount of money which worth* 3000$ USD and when we are geting down to the area we have an fatail accident were my dad and mum die in it and i was saved only and there was a man coming towards our car and took me to his house and then i dont* know were my father build house now i am old to fight for all my father properties and i want to take all his properties from his family and with the money order and u should** make a contribution with* me to fight to get all the document so that will we be able to share it and i want u send ur home address to my mail box pally_jenifer@yahoo.compally_jenifer@yahoo.com ok pls help me god will help u ok am yours for ever ok And secondly am also single ok if u re* interested in me u can ve some relationship with me ok i really love u ok if u can help me i will be* happy with u ok<BR>pls help me with the solution i ve send to u ok pls help me i will be glad to see u helping me ok and pls* if u can help me some money order i wil be happy i mean if u can help me in cashing the money order i wil be joyful to come back home ok pls help me ok and if u know u re* interested in me u can send me ur hgome address if u re really interested in me i will be joyful ok am tessy roland ok pls if u can help me with some amount of money i wil be happy just for me to come back home ok bye loving is the best of all ok and pls kindly help me ok bye i love u* am tessy roland ok

Idiot... :fu2: :fu2:

darkangel8603 said:
Got email from this one...
jenifer1984:

hi!!!!!!!!
HELLO
This is tessy roland from united state of america some years ago my father live is country united state of americaand move** down to africa* and want to go to a area at nigeria callabuja and want to go and see his buisness partner* who lives in nigeria just because he owns him just some amount of money which worth* 3000$ USD and when we are geting down to the area we have an fatail accident were my dad and mum die in it and i was saved only and there was a man coming towards our car and took me to his house and then i dont* know were my father build house now i am old to fight for all my father properties and i want to take all his properties from his family and with the money order and u should** make a contribution with* me to fight to get all the document so that will we be able to share it and i want u send ur home address to my mail box pally_jenifer@yahoo.compally_jenifer@yahoo.com ok pls help me god will help u ok am yours for ever ok And secondly am also single ok if u re* interested in me u can ve some relationship with me ok i really love u ok if u can help me i will be* happy with u ok<BR>pls help me with the solution i ve send to u ok pls help me i will be glad to see u helping me ok and pls* if u can help me some money order i wil be happy i mean if u can help me in cashing the money order i wil be joyful to come back home ok pls help me ok and if u know u re* interested in me u can send me ur hgome address if u re really interested in me i will be joyful ok am tessy roland ok pls if u can help me with some amount of money i wil be happy just for me to come back home ok bye loving is the best of all ok and pls kindly help me ok bye i love u* am tessy roland ok

Idiot... :fu2: :fu2:
I just got the same freakin one. These stupid people (cuz their English sucks ass) think that people at AD are stupid??? :madfawk: :madfawk: :madfawk:

hmm interesting.. i am gonna tell alex, maybe he can ban that person then that person wont be able to sent spams again.. :fingersx:

darkangel8603 said:
hmm interesting.. i am gonna tell alex, maybe he can ban that person then that person wont be able to sent spams again.. :fingersx:

Thanks for posting. I was about to post it myself, until I saw yours. I got the same PM and I gave the person a piece of my mind.

If anyone gets a pm from jenifer1984, please delete the message and ignore her/him/it. This only adds to my suspicion that these scammers are targeting the deaf community. With the scammers I've seen lurking around deaf forums and chat rooms, and not to mention the relay scams. Please watch out for these mugus.

there was just a recent one on a thread from same person jen something... saying from Africa... go figure.

Little Jennifer sure gets around—I just got the same PM too. I guess those Nigerian scammers think we’re deaf and dumb… :squint:

All over the place especially here. I was recently contacted by one. Bastards!!

Reba said:
(Hopefully, not for long.)

Yeah, but the only problem is that she won’t be banned permanently until her seventeenth offense, and only if she calls one of the mods a Neo-Nazi douche bag. :squint: *ducks for cover*

Back