Scam!

CDT's statement to the Australian Dept of Consumer Service Allegations. After this statement, they retracted their allegations..

Sincerely,
J. Waterman
Director of Research and Development
I wonder why the R&D Director would sign such a letter. It seems that it should come from the company legal department or the CEO. ????

I'm curious. Have you ever tried to contact CDT using the above phone numbers? If so, what kind of response did you get?

I used the 800 number. CDT is moving to a new office so their website is down and cant find my paper with their 800 number. I have called about problems ranging from lost passwords, credit card payments, refunds, and other issues. They have always been helpful and solved any problems. I havent called CDT since summer. I dont know if their phone system has changed recently.

I wonder why the R&D Director would sign such a letter. It seems that it should come from the company legal department or the CEO. ????

One deaf guy who is actively in contact with CDT said that Jay is responsible for legal issues, problems and managing the program. Just telling u what that guy told me since he has been a CDT member for almost 2 years. The CEO is Karen Lourdes, I believe. She has written letters too.

>
>To:
>
>Sent: 11/14/2006 12:55:55 PM
>
>Subject: Government's Release
>
>Hello Everyone,
>
>I am here to give you some comfort...
>
>Many forwarded me about the pyramid schemes...released by the
>government...
>
>Unfortunately many do not understand the warnings explained by
>the government... The government did not give you all the details
>of what illegitimate and legitimate activities. Even there are
>no mentioning of Canadian Diamond Traders in the release.
>
>CDT is an legitimate organization, complying all the
>international business laws and incorporated by the Canadian
>government. CDTsponsors all of us as independent traders, selling
>diamonds... CDT takes care of all paperwork, payments and
>shipping of diamonds. They all are prefect legal.
>
>I am asking you to be more careful with what kind of
>information you get... what type of information... Is it a
>personal message or official letter or release? If you DO
>NOT SEE any NAME of Canadian Diamond Traders, Inc in
>the government release, there is nothing to worry about. If
>you SEE the NAME of Canadian Diamond Traders in the government
>letter, not personal message or letter, the we would worry about
>and find out what would go wrong.
>
>Please, please, please be more careful with differences between
>the personal letters and government information (depending on
>what it is about) and if any names of company mentioned.
>
>Spread this by forwarding to your business people...
>
>Thanks and good luck...
>
>Any questions, call videophone me at 585 249 0873.
>
>David XXXXXXX
>
>Teamwork Guarantees Success.
>
>Sorenson VP: 585.249.0873
Who is David Trachtenberg? Is he an official with the CDT company? The wording of his letter is strange. It uses "legalese" phrases but the English is a little askew.

Did you videophone him at that number? Did he respond?

Well, We people in Georgia signed up CDT, and some of them already got thier debit card and diamonds each month. They did not lose thier money they got more money ( 2,500.00 plus an diamond) I will getting one very soon. You need to call cdt and ask them more information. If you don't then that is your loss. You guys gotten stop listen to the rumor because one my of my leader talks to CDT, and said some of them are not true,the arrest, or deaf man first seet up. Greeze guys ask CDT before any of you spread an rumor to other. I have lot of faith in CDT, and already bought another one. I am getting a brand new car. :dance2:
Ciao!
I'm just learning about CDT. Can you please explain to me, did you get your diamonds appraised by local gemologists or jewelers? Was the appraised value what you expected?

Who is David Trachtenberg? Is he an official with the CDT company? The wording of his letter is strange. It uses "legalese" phrases but the English is a little askew.

Did you videophone him at that number? Did he respond?

He is a deaf guy. He was the one who introduced CDT to my friend. I have talked with him via VP over the summer a few times. He has already recieved I believe 10 debit cards already which is a total of $20,000 something. I hope I am not wrong but I remember someone telling me and sending me a pic of him with 5 debit cards from CDT. He is the guy who is in contact with CDT's officals. He is not an official with CDT...just a CDT member who has a lot of knowledge about CDT. I asked him so many question about CDT before joining in the summer. He lives in Rochester, NY.

Just for fun, go to this link and look at the picture of CDT's The Diamond Table:

Program Overview

What does that shape look like? ;)

I'm just learning about CDT. Can you please explain to me, did you get your diamonds appraised by local gemologists or jewelers? Was the appraised value what you expected?

I just got my diamond..havent taken it to the local jeweler yet cuz I plan on keeping it. It is really pretty. Yes, I know it is a low grade diamond. It is .28 ct and greenish blue. I may have it made into a piece of jewelery. Havent decided yet. My brother's friend in AZ drove to Mexico and traded his diamond for a new couch. LOL! Most jewelers wont buy loose diamonds since they are not in the business of selling loose diamonds that's why. I didnt know that until later. I am still learning too.

Another guy in AZ said he took his to a gemologist and the appraised value was $200 for his diamond that has a replacement value of $545That "replacement" value is for insurance purposes. Mine says $800. Maybe will get $300 for it but I only spent $120 so not bad. Maybe I will take it to the jewelery store this weekend and see what they say.

Just for fun, go to this link and look at the picture of CDT's The Diamond Table:

Program Overview

What does that shape look like? ;)

I am aware of that but all business structures are in that shape but the top person never stays on the top forever...everyone cycles out and starts all over again at the bottom. It is a revolving system as David explained to me on VP. I am just curious and waiting to see how that works but with all the rumors and all that so I guess it is not gonna work. I am just waiting to see what the announcement from the Attorney General about this kind of program.

Does anyone know anything about the CDT lawyer, Howard David Marks?

I searched the internet and couldn't find any information.

I was surprised that he didn't even have his own website. Even our small town Southern lawyers here have websites for their firms.

I was surprised that he didn't even have his own website. Even our small town Southern lawyers here have websites for their firms.

Dont know the answer to that one. I will post it on the CDT community forum and will let u know if anyone answers that question.

CDT is based in Canada...One deaf guy named Mike Palm said he has visited the headquarters and talked with the people who worked there. I will ask Mike about the lawyer.

Good question there. :)

Dont know the answer to that one. I will post it on the CDT community forum and will let u know if anyone answers that question.

CDT is based in Canada...One deaf guy named Mike Palm said he has visited the headquarters and talked with the people who worked there. I will ask Mike about the lawyer.

Good question there. :)
Could you also ask about J. Waterman and Sameer Sinh? I couldn't find them either, except for one reference that spelled J. Waterman's full name as "Jihad Waterman." If that truly is his real name, I can understand why he uses "J." or "Jay" instead!

This was the reference, but I don't know the original source, so I can't support it:

The records at the Ontario Ministry of Consumer and Business Services, Corporate and Personal Property Security Branch, show that Canadian Diamond Traders Inc. (#1616747) 5145 Steels Ave. West, Toronto, Ontario was incorporated May 3, 2004. Jihad Waterman and Sameer Jay Sinh are named as officers of the Corporation.

CDT is not a reporting issuer (public Company) in Ontario. Jihad Waterman and Sameer Jay Sinh are not registered to sell securities in Ontario. There is no information about this company or these individuals on the public records of the Commission.

David Trachtenberg,

A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage other potential customers unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services. Shills are often employed by confidence artists.

Richard

David Trachtenberg,

A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage other potential customers unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services. Shills are often employed by confidence artists.

Richard

My friend has known David for over 20 years. I guess David has been planning to seduce my friend into CDT for the past 20 years? I would say that David is one hell of a smart guy! LOL!

Only I know that he is a Canadian lawyer. Maybe he works for a firm.

duh why he doesn't have his own website. Remember that not every business or organization is listed online because if their business or organization type may be local or regional therefore would be no use for them to advertise online because it goes wide outside local or regional.

I know a friend who runs a local business (body works) who struggles to make money.. I did recommend him to advertise online, he said it's a local.. oh, I didn't realize it would be too little or no use for his business so. It's one of several reasons why small businesses especially localized struggle pretty much nowadays because due to the globalization and competion that gradually destroy them.. ouch, it surely has a big effect.. poor them.

I will try to locate this CDT lawyer's web or contact info if luck, I will let you know.

Howard David Marks is the Government-level attorney who approved the Canadian Diamond Traders business model. (The Ontario Management Board of Cabinet)

I do have a powerpoint file that one slide has shown his full name with the government seal approval on the CDT Notary document.

Did little check on Google for his name but at no luck but shall try more soon.

Facts on CDTs Diamond Trading Program

1. 1. A person does not make any payment to become a CDT participant.

2. 2. Any and all payments by CDT participants are made to CDT and never to another participant.

3. 3. Any and all payments made by CDT participants to CDT are in respect of the purchase of diamonds.

4. 4. CDT participants do not receive any benefit for introducing new CDT participants.

5. 5. CDT participants receive payment from CDT if they or their team market diamonds to a person who purchases those diamonds from CDT. CDT participants are not involved in any of the essential elements of the purchase and sale transactions, being the making or receiving of the offer or the making or receiving of the acceptance and agreeing to the consideration, but rather all transactions are entirely arranged and effected by CDT.

6. 6. Participants must comply with all laws (whether statutory or common), rules, regulations and codes of conduct for the territory in which they carry on business.

All of the above facts should be taken into consideration when comparing the Diamond Trading Program to any laws.

Multi-level marketing Definition

1) In a typical multi-level marketing or network marketing arrangement, individuals associate with a parent company as an independent contractor or franchisee,

2) and are compensated based on their sales of products or service, as well as the sales achieved by those they bring into the business.

3) This is like many franchise companies where royalties are paid from the sales of individual franchise operations to the franchisor as well as to an area or region manager.

The definition of Multi-Level Marketing has been broken separated into the 3 sections above for simplicity.

Analysis

The first section applies to our business and almost any business.

For the second section of the definition, since IDTs only market our products but don’t sell our products, CDTs DTP already falls outside of the MLM definition.

“CDT participants receive payment from CDT if they or their team market diamonds to a person who purchases those diamonds from CDT. CDT participants are not involved in any of the essential elements of the purchase and sale transactions, being the making or receiving of the offer or the making or receiving of the acceptance and agreeing to the consideration, but rather all transactions are entirely arranged and effected by CDT.” (DTP Facts)

Assumption: However if we assumed that the successful marketing of diamonds which generates sales for CDT is equivalent to a sale made by the IDT we would delve deeper into the DTP.

Using the above assumption that marketing is equivalent to a sale we would have to determine if a marketing fee is paid based on the sales that you make as well as the sales from the people you bring into the business.

CDTs DTP consists of creating marketing teams and dividing them based on a number of criteria. Based on the criteria you may end up on a team (diamond table) with people that you brought to the business, or you may end up on a team where there is nobody you brought into the business.

If you are on a team with some people you never brought into the business, and they generate sales, you can earn a marketing fee. Therefore you would earn a marketing fee for sales derived from IDTs who are NOT yourself, and are NOT people you braught into the business. Also people who you brought into the business may generate sales and you are not compensated because they are currently on a different marketing team (diamond table). Both of the above situations happen very often in the DTP.

Based on the above fact, the marketing fee is not determined based on sales generated from yourself and your downline (people you brought into the business) even though it may occur. The marketing fee is earned based on CDTs entire marketing force and the current team you are on regardless of downline. The Freebee system and Even Split are majour factors for these situations.

Therefore CDTs DTP does not fall under the Multi-Level Marketing definition.

Direct Sales Definition

Direct selling: Selling without the use of a retail outlet. Often takes place in a consumers home or work place.

“CDT participants receive payment from CDT if they or their team market diamonds to a person who purchases those diamonds from CDT. CDT participants are not involved in any of the essential elements of the purchase and sale transactions, being the making or receiving of the offer or the making or receiving of the acceptance and agreeing to the consideration, but rather all transactions are entirely arranged and effected by CDT.” (DTP Facts)

The above definition requires that some of the essential elements of the sale take place outside of the retail store. At CDT we only sell diamonds directly through our retail office location or through our website. IDTs do NOT sell or offer for sale or solicit orders on behalf of CDT. IDTs only Market for CDT. Effective marketing will always take place outside of the retail location.

Our Independent Diamond Trader Agreement States:

“Diamond Traders shall not represent that CDT sells its products or services in any other manner.” (IDT Agreement)

“CDT does not authorize Diamond Traders to engage in “direct sales” of CDT products and/or services on behalf of CDT. Accordingly, Diamond Traders are not authorized to sell CDT products and services directly to the public on behalf of CDT.” (IDT Agreement)

As you can see above, we have designed the Diamond Trading Program in order to ensure we are not Direct Sales or Multi-Level Marketing, which allows us to operate in jurisdictions where MLM and Direct Sales is illegal.

Cockeyed.com presents: Pyramid Schemes has a good article on HOW pyramid schemes work and why you don't benefit from them.

Quite a good one to define how the pyramid scheme works.

Many employees don't realize they actually are the downlines in many companies' payroll structures much like the pyramid scheme as this link explains. How irony that some of those employees, whenever they hear of pyramid schemes in the internet marketing world, they scram saying it's a scam therefore why do they work for someone as defined here. hmm

But CDT isn't using the system like pyramid scheme does.

CDT uses revolving system. So it's not a pyramid scheme as your link defined.

Therefore do your job to read how CDT system works first before you comment, rabbit.

Back