SC House OKs bill ending permits to carry concealed weapons

I have a deaf friend in NC. The sheriff said if there is a cop pulls you off the road (in NC, SC, GA, LA, and FL), the driver must put his/her gun on the dashboard to let the police to see it. My friend said that it is even a loaded gun on the dashboard. Is that true?

what??????? I would strongly advise against that. that would no doubt get you shot by cop.

as advised by legal experts and NRA... simply turn on your car dome light and keep your hands on the steering wheel at all time and clearly announce to officer that you have a permit to carry a firearm.

can you imagine if a cop saw a gun in plain view while walking to your car with another fellow officer approaching on other side and yell out "GUN GUN GUN!" and you're unable to comply because you could not hear his command to stick your hands out of window? that's gonna get you killed for sure.

never ever ever ever put your hand on your gun in case of police encounter. EVER.

after notifying the officer that you have a permit to carry and you are armed.. the officer will most likely ask you to step out of the vehicle. while doing so, keep your hands up in the air and move SLOWLY. if the officer wants to see your gun, ask him to remove your gun for you. again - DO NOT EVER PUT YOUR HAND ON YOUR GUN even if the officer asked you to remove the handgun for him to check. after checking your gun, the officer will most likely place it on your hood or inside your trunk and then you can take it back after the officer leave the scene.

you should already know that America is notorious for cops shooting at people so you need to inform your friend about this immediately.

*note - I see that TCS has already explained it. I didn't see that part till I post this.

Really.

Is the "Stand Your Ground" in the castle doctrine law?

It is so strange law in Connecticut that it is an illegal for a house owner to shoot a robber in the house.

Many people bought the handguns at Cabela's on a holiday sale day. This made me think that they ignored the law. I respect their wish to protect themselves and their home. The problem is that it is a conflict issue between the bad law and a home protection. BTW, I am not residence of CT, but my mother lives there.

no such thing in Connecticut.

Stand Your Ground is separate from Castle Doctrine because Castle Doctrine is referring to your home while Stand Your Ground is referring to outside your home.... a public property.

If some states do not have a law specifically called "Stand Your Ground" or "Make My Day" but do issue CCW permit... you still can defend yourself on public property.

"Stand Your Ground"/"Make My Day" is just an extra legal protection to strongly protect a law-abiding armed citizen - basically a state has to prove that you didn't shoot in self-defense.

A state without SYG/MMD law - you may be subjected to police investigation, detainment, suspicion, etc.... in short - a legal headache for you to defend yourself that you did fear for your life.

Some not all. Its illegal in NY,NJ,Penn,Vermont,MD,VA,NC,SC,Kentucky,Tenn and in California

Without SYG, self-defense case applies, that's one of old fundamental for over 200 years under common laws.

All states have self-defense laws so judge or jurors can make decision if your homicide case is self-defense, depending on factors.

SYG will not make you automatically acquitted from murder case because it has to be decision by judge - it is judge's discretion.

SYG is just redefine of self-defense.

Jiro, Alright. I will have to find out about the legal stuff in Connecticut for my mother.

BTW, it is not cheap to renew a gun license in Mass which cost about 100 dollars a year. It is not included a fee for a bullet license. I think I was told that it is free if they are senior.

All cowboys do not have to pay a license fee in the old days. I don't believe in paying the fee because we are paying our taxes. The gun class cost 200 dollars. Who brought up the idea for a gun license renewal fee? NFA?

There are millions of guns out there people who do not have the license for many years. In other countries, I bet that they do not have a gun license.

I have a deaf friend in NC. The sheriff said if there is a cop pulls you off the road (in NC, SC, GA, LA, and FL), the driver must put his/her gun on the dashboard to let the police to see it. My friend said that it is even a loaded gun on the dashboard. Is that true?

dont do that....

Jiro, Alright. I will have to find out about the legal stuff in Connecticut for my mother.

BTW, it is not cheap to renew a gun license in Mass which cost about 100 dollars a year. It is not included a fee for a bullet license. I think I was told that it is free if they are senior.

All cowboys do not have to pay a license fee in the old days. I don't believe in paying the fee because we are paying our taxes. The gun class cost 200 dollars. Who brought up the idea for a gun license renewal fee? NFA?

There are millions of guns out there people who do not have the license for many years. In other countries, I bet that they do not have a gun license.
In SC, the only "fee" we pay is for the concealed carry permit. There is no license or fee for just buying or owning guns. There is also no such thing as a bullet license here.

you can simply ask local police department for more information.

I'm not sure what's a "bullet license". never heard of it. I've bought bullets in CT before... no problem. I just go to store... buy a large amount of bullets (because Cabelas had a huge sale)... and stroll out.

Back