Safety thread

Don't try this at home....

avq6c.gif

Fire work season soon.good site fire net .com international site

Don't try this either...

11-34ph5vY.gif

So, How long do you keep your eyes closed after you sneeze? You know you can open them back up immediately after.

You don't say ! When I do sneeze it come in threes so I have no idea how long my eyes are closes .

Last edited:
Don't reach for the said plugged in item.. hair dryer, curling iron, or electric razor that was dropped in sink full of water left for the kitty kat that won't drink out of a bowl.

Use your seatbelt....

PLcEVqU.gif

Last edited:
Seat Belts are for kids - Hug them at home - Belt them in the car

Post any and all safety tips. I'll go first. Avoid any downed power lines. They might appear harmless however they may be energized at a voltage that is instantly fatal. Never use a double male cord with a generator. Your powerline workers can be subject to a fatal back-feed. :D
When I was working as a health aide there was a bad accident that happen right into front of me . There were 2 elderly ladies in a car and the driver hit a power line
knocking it down and then her car hit a fire hydrant and came to a stop. I pulled over and got someone to call 911 then stopped the traffic b/c the accident happen
on a bottom of a hill and people won't be able to see the power line down in the road . The road was shut down until the power line was shutdown and fixed .
The driver hit her head and was bleeding . :(

So a few years ago all the islands and peninsulas on the coast of Maine got evacuation signs. In a couple locations on the main rd there will be a sign that say "evacuation rout". I was thinking though, doesn't it make much more sense to have the signs on the other side of the road saying "evacuation rout other direction"?

When I was working as a health aide there was a bad accident that happen right into front of me . There were 2 elderly ladies in a car and the driver hit a power line
knocking it down and then her car hit a fire hydrant and came to a stop. I pulled over and got someone to call 911 then stopped the traffic b/c the accident happen
on a bottom of a hill and people won't be able to see the power line down in the road . The road was shut down until the power line was shutdown and fixed .
The driver hit her head and was bleeding . :(

Why didn't you call 911 rather than have someone else do it?

Maybe because she's deaf? :dunno:
I was just about to say the same thing!

(Probably in defense, however, I think anyone can dial 911 and leave the phone off the hook and emergency will respond anyway.)

I was just about to say the same thing!

(Probably in defense, however, I think anyone can dial 911 and leave the phone off the hook and emergency will respond anyway.)

Yeah I think you can do that. She probably didn't have a phone either- well depending on when this so called incident happened. Probably had to get someone to call via payphone or home phone (which many deaf/HOH people can't do- no amplifier) but I thought the same as AC- can leave the phone off the hook and the dispatcher may send someone out to do a check anyway.

Back