Safari-like parks

Discussion in 'Indoors & Outdoors' started by CatoCooper13, Jul 21, 2003.

1. CatoCooper13

CatoCooper13 New Member

Safari-like Parks

I've been to a park called 'Werribee Zoo' -- one of three Melbourne Zoo's in Victoria State of Australia. The Werribee Zoo is an Open Range one -- ride in a half open bus through the natural habitats each animals live...for example, zebras, hippos, elephants, tigers, ostriches...even those cute meerkats!

Werribee Zoo

It's a fantastic zoo! If anyone is anywhere near Werribee, Victoria, Australia -- be sure to visit Werribee Zoo!

There's another place it's called 'Healesville Sanctuary' - a place where you can see different Australian wildlife and its flora and fauna. Can pet Red or Eastern Grey Kangaroo's! They're soooooo fabulous! :)

Healesville Sanctuary

There's another Sanctuary up in Queensland -- in Currumbin. It's a LOVELY and large one! I even got the chance to hold a KOALA! Awww...so adorable! ;)
    Similar to Healesville, but with much more variety of animals.

Currumbin Sanctuary

2. sweetgal154

sweetgal154 New Member

Aww lucky you WaterRats13!

There's a Safari Park in Six Flags (3 Theme parks but seperate admissions) We were only able to drive around that...we weren't allowed to pet, feed, put our hands/arms outside of the vehicle. Sucks, doesn't it?

3. CatoCooper13

CatoCooper13 New Member

Yeah it does...I like to touch and pet animals..they're soooooo adorable...hey, I've attached a picture of me holding this adorable 3 year old Koala.

Attached Files:

4. sweetgal154

sweetgal154 New Member

awwwwww so cute!!! i'm jealous

5. CatoCooper13

CatoCooper13 New Member

:lol: Then quit being jealous and FLY over to Australia and you'll get the chance to hold one! ;)

6. sweetgal154

sweetgal154 New Member

only if i had the money! LOL.

I've always wanted to travel to Australia. I remember when I was in middle school, I knew this classmate who had to move to Australia because of his father's job and a year later, he came back to visit and he was telling me all about Australia and I became interested ever since.

Right now, I'm going to college very soon so maybe in 5-6 years I could possibly travel in Australia ::prays:: heh

7. CatoCooper13

CatoCooper13 New Member

hahahha...well, I reckon I'll still be here -- if you do ever come around, seek me up and I'll be more than happy to be your personal tour guide! :laugh2:

Do u realise about the Deaflympics happening in Melbourne, Australia in 2005? U could try coming out then?! :)

8. ChelEler

ChelEler New Member

:shock: :demand hubby to save money for us to fly over to Australia: :lol:

9. knightwolf68

knightwolf68 Active Member

agree but i will demand my wife in the opposites !! lol .. not just for her but both of us !!!

10. ChelEler

ChelEler New Member

Heh... it'll be more fun if we all four of us fly together! :naughty:

11. CatoCooper13

CatoCooper13 New Member

:rofl: Well, when you DO come out to Australia, rest assured -- you will be guaranteed a good time here and sightseeing all the beautiful flora and fauna of Australia.
    My next aim is to have a holiday and scuba dive around The Great Barrier Reef up by Brisbane, Queensland. :)

12. MilitaryGirl83

MilitaryGirl83 New Member

How much would it cost to go to Austraila? Hmm...how much did it cost you when you had to move there?

13. Kalista

Kalista New Member Premium Member

WaterRats13

awwww You are very lucky to hold Koala. I did hold an adorable cub lion in South Carolina. It was really heavy and thick fur. I wish, I could adopt him but it is illegally.

~ Sabrina

14. CatoCooper13

CatoCooper13 New Member

Hi, Wildkatress -- it really depends on the sort of visa you come out here on. If Visitor Visa -- E-Visa, it's free for 30 to 60 days and costs of flights from USA to Australia...varies from where the flight originates from. (It cost me $700 for one way ticket from SFO to Melb in 1998). My mum recently came out here 2 months ago and she bought a return flight ticket for $900USD! That was pretty cheap!
    I came out here on a Prospective Spouse Visa which cost me $769USD, then an additional $510AUD for the 2 year temporary residency visa. I'm currently on a Permanent Residency Visa which I got for free...the next and last step is citizenship and I have to pay $170, that's it.
    Been living in Australia for nearly 5 years...2nd August will be exactly 5 years. :D

15. CatoCooper13

CatoCooper13 New Member

Thanks Sabrina, that was the only time I have held a koala since 2000. Three years now.. :( I wanna hold another one, heheh! The koala's soooooo cute, but they smell (not bad, but they smell strongly of eucalyptus - their main diet is on eucalyptus leaves)

Their fur's soft on the back, but on their bums, it's quite coarse from all that sitting down in the trees and sleeping! :lol:

16. OldNavyGirl

OldNavyGirl Active Member Premium Member

*mumbles* i m jealous!!! i wanna hold the koala bear! hehehe! lucky you, but i ll get the chance to touch dolphins when i go on the cruise! :)

17. illustrator

illustrator New Member

Hmm.. I check my.yahoo.com where I set up fare price..

Sydney, Australia for $1192.00 (US dollars) on round ticket. :eek2:

18. ChelEler

ChelEler New Member

Depending on when... when did you set it on?

19. illustrator

illustrator New Member

yahoo under www.travelocity.com

you can find thru cheapsticket.com

still expensive thru...

20. MilitaryGirl83

MilitaryGirl83 New Member

Jeremy and I wanted to go there on the honeymoon but it's expensive so we wait for our renewl vows in 5 years.. like a 2nd honeymoon. Right now...Jeremy and I am planning on going to Townsend, TN Log Cabins Resorts for the honeymoon. We will be going in September 2004. Check that out www.timberwinds. com I think.. Ill post the right website later. :)