Ryan O'Neal Shares Sorrow Over Farrah Fawcett's Losing Battle

pek1

Reaction score
Ryan O'Neal Shares Sorrow Over Farrah Fawcett's Losing Battle - Yahoo! Movies

Thu May 07, 2009, 5:26 am EDT

Farrah Fawcett may be gearing up to show her strength in an NBC special, but Ryan O'Neal is breaking down about his longtime partner's battle with cancer.

"It's a love story," he tells People magazine. "I just don't know how to play this one. I won't know this world without her. Cancer is an insidious enemy."

The actor admits his angel has lost her trademark tresses and her treatment has neared its end.

"She stays in bed now," he says. "The doctors see that she is comfortable. Farrah is on IVs, but some of that is for nourishment. The treatment has pretty much ended."

Those facts may have accounted for son Redmond O'Neal's recent temporary release from prison to see his mother. Despite his visit in a jumpsuit and handcuffs, his struggling mother has been kept in the dark about his latest drug and legal troubles.

"Farrah doesn't know Redmond's in trouble and Redmond is terrified for his mother. 'I don't want to be in jail and have some guard tell me she is gone,' he said to me. I told him, 'She's rebounding.' I lied to him. I lie to her. It's the best thing," says the elder O'Neal.

The May 15 television special, Farrah's Story, began when the Charlie's Angels star took a handheld camera to the devastating doctor's appointment during which she found out her cancer had returned, friend and producer Alana Stewart tells People.

The two-hour documentary follows the star through personal moments, highs and lows and several trips to Germany for treatments not available in the United States.

"At about the halfway point in our trips the news started to get darker and darker and darker," O'Neal says. "The hope started to fade. But not for Farrah. She continued fighting. There was always a courage there and a quiet dignity. Farrah never changed. I fell in love with her all over again because of how she handled this."

It's so sad to hear about the health of a woman deteriorating, who showed me, at the time a 13-year old boy, what a beautiful woman should look like. I've never forgotten it. She had beautiful castmates on Charlie's Angels, too and I believe that the world has been a better place because of them, especially Farrah.

Farrah, thank you very much and God be with you! Ryan, thank you for sharing the television special. God be with you and Redmond!

:sad: I am praying Farrah and her families too :(

Yes, it´s very sad. I am fan and still fan of Farrah Fawcett. I used to watch Charlie Angel every week in 1970s. I copied her hair style and clothes in 1970s time. :lol:

I alway buy DVD or watch on TV of her to any movies.

She went to Germany for cancer treatment several time. She is a fighter but the cancer return again... Cancer is a horrible ... :(

My thoughts for Farrah and her family...

Yes, it´s very sad. I am fan and still fan of Farrah Fawcett. I used to watch Charlie Angel every week in 1970s. I copied her hair style and clothes in 1970s time. :lol:

I alway buy DVD or watch on TV of her to any movies.

She went to Germany for cancer treatment several time. She is a fighter but the cancer return again... Cancer is a horrible ... :(

My thoughts for Farrah and her family...

I have DVD Charlie Angel that my belated husband bought it for my christmas present. I still have bubble gum cards collection somewhere in the boxes since 76' I do not know if the cards are worth to keep them.

I remembered those early days in 70's which many young boys had poster of her up on the wall. She was hot back then. Shame she is dying and ready to go anytime. I knew she had breast cancer for last few years and hoped she beat it but it looks alike she is losing the battle. Sad I am sorry she is suffering now. ;(

she is a beautiful person . I am glad she will not be alone during her struggling with this cancer....... so sad .....

I watched her show last night, and I could not watch whole show. Too much graphic for me. So Sad.

I watched the entire two-hour program and I have to hand it to her . . . she's got guts. I have more respect for her.

I remembered those early days in 70's which many young boys had poster of her up on the wall. She was hot back then. Shame she is dying and ready to go anytime. I knew she had breast cancer for last few years and hoped she beat it but it looks alike she is losing the battle. Sad I am sorry she is suffering now. ;(

She has Anal cancer - not breast cancer. Anyway, my thoughts are with her and I hope her days of pain will be over soon.

She has Anal cancer - not breast cancer. Anyway, my thoughts are with her and I hope her days of pain will be over soon.[/QUO

Oops, my mistake. Is anal cancer same as colon cancer?

No it is not.

I really have to give her so much credit for being courageous enough to unmask herself and reveal her vulnerability to all of us, her public viewers.

Back