Rush is moving to Costa Rica?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, no one said specifically "Rush's demographics". I made a statement regarding the demographics of radio listeners. Radio listeners happen to fit into the category of people who tune into Rush's program. Another poster obviously had received the same information as I did.

Do you have a ready link for every bit of information you assimilate? I doubt seriously that you do. I know I don't.
If I don't have a link to back up my facts, then I don't post until I can give a reference. It's not that hard, and I would think you would be glad to share your sources of knowledge with others.

I take in information from numerous sources. If one doubts anything I post, they are more than welcome to do the research necessary to disprove it.:cool2:
No, you have it backwards. The onus is on the one posting the original "facts."

To be honest, I really don't understand the attitude of, "I can post whatever I want, and it's up to you to prove otherwise."

:wave: hang tight on your pants!

Fortunately, I do not spend the majority of my time Googling. I use many and varied sources for my information. Perhaps if you did the same, your attitude would not be so unidirectional and limited.
References don't have to come from Google, and can be cited.

It comes down to credibility. Relax, neither you nor jillio fall into the dark zone. ;)

Okay. I know a sociology prof who discussed this topic in a class one day. He provided resources for his figures. There's my citation. If anyone wants to get picky, his name is Nirmal Niroula. However, as I said: "I get information from numerous sources", and do not have his lecture slides containing his resources readily available to me at this time. Nor would anyone else who assimilates knowledge from a variety of sources. Only those who spend an innordinate amount of time Googling what they have failed to learn elsewhere have those links ready and waiting.

Okay. I know a sociology prof who discussed this topic in a class one day. He provided resources for his figures. There's my citation. If anyone wants to get picky, his name is Nirmal Niroula. However, as I said: "I get information from numerous sources", and do not have his lecture slides containing his resources readily available to me at this time. Nor would anyone else who assimilates knowledge from a variety of sources. Only those who spend an innordinate amount of time Googling what they have failed to learn elsewhere have those links ready and waiting.

Exactly. There seems to be a heck of a lot of "experts" on a wide variety of subjects, but let them try to explain it clearly and accurately without the benefit of notes, and they freeze. Someone once told me that if you cannot do that, you don't know what you are talking about. Truer words were never spoken.

Exactly. There seems to be a heck of a lot of "experts" on a wide variety of subjects, but let them try to explain it clearly and accurately without the benefit of notes, and they freeze. Someone once told me that if you cannot do that, you don't know what you are talking about. Truer words were never spoken.

Does a teleprompter count as notes?:giggle:

No, you have it backwards. The onus is on the one posting the original "facts."

To be honest, I really don't understand the attitude of, "I can post whatever I want, and it's up to you to prove otherwise."

Bingo.

I agree. If you constantly have to rely on Google links or someone else's words, you have never added that particular knowledge to your base, because you have failed to synthesize and apply it.

All this over for asking for a source? Any source that is. Either you don't have it or you're just making things up as you go along instead of saying it's an opinion. I'd understand if a person explains it was something he/she heard about it but not sure if it's true or not but to hem and haw about it?

Man, the hyperventilating continues?

Good luck.

All this over for asking for a source? Any source that is. Either you don't have it or you're just making things up as you go along instead of saying it's an opinion. I'd understand if a person explains it was something he/she heard about it but not sure if it's true or not but to hem and haw about it?

Man, the hyperventilating continues?

Good luck.

A source was provided. I guess you missed that in your selective reading.:cool2:

BTW: Will you be following your hero to Costa Rico?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back