Rude Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not going to name names here, but I have noticed quite a bit of rudeness on the forum lately. For instance when one member inquired for help with their computer, they absolutely shot down every suggestion and then told those who tried to help they were stupid. If you need help, this is certainly not the best way to go about it - this goes for anyone on the forum.

All I am going to say is, let's start using a bit more politeness and courtesy please. I understand a lot of us are stressed out with school finals and summer vacation being right around the corner, but it's no excuse for rudeness. If you're feeling stressed out and find yourself getting into a lot of arguments with other AD.com members, then it may be a sign that you need a break from AD to cool off and recharge your batteries so to speak. As much as we all love AD, its still possible to get burned out a bit, and its OK, but don't take your frustration out on others.

Thank-you,
Dixie

What? Are you insane!!! What are you talking about?????

Oh, wait. That might have been the wrong thing to say. :hmm:

Very well said, Dixie. And I know exactly what you're referring to, and I couldn't agree more. I think we all need courtesy and respect around here.

I feel immune to some of these sometimes, because in the past I worked some years in IT supporting people with their problems, and have seen worse than this :lol:. Let it slide by and ignore the anger parts.

But anyways yes, sometimes people need to take out their anger issues away from the people trying to help, if they have to vent out they should vent out at themselves or their own computers instead. That's the only way I can think of for them to vent.

hey, let them vent.. at least they can't hurt anyone here. Physically that is.

hey, let them vent.. at least they can't hurt anyone here. Physically that is.

IMHO, everyone has a right to express their feelings but not a right to verbally abuse others.

I took a break from this site because I would get emotionally charged trying to explain my feelings and I realised it was not right.

Dixie is trying to explain that a rude member isn't beneficial both ways. To him/herself and the general board's morale.

Maybe, we can start a vent section in the health area?

Yea, I have had laspses when I was rude but try to apologize whenever I recognize it. Life is too short to be constantly rude. I am sure all of us learned that lesson, unfortunately.

I'm angry and I'm going to throw chair on you!

Yea, I have had laspses when I was rude but try to apologize whenever I recognize it. Life is too short to be constantly rude. I am sure all of us learned that lesson, unfortunately.

same here...... at least I apologized afterward. a few ADers in here never did. Oh well

Some situations calls for one to be rude. For me it really depends on the situation.

I have been working in the field of IT for decades and have become an expert in many aspects yet I still have people second guess my advise. I just let it go. I know what I am talking about and if people choose to take my advise then so be it. If others want to chime in with their opinions that's ok too. If there is an area I am not familiar with I will come out and say it as opposed to acting like I know everything. In any event I do try to use respect in these situations.

Believe me, I know how you feel.

Composure helps as well. I just think "You effin' b____" and smile to the person & continue to debate with a cool mind.

Breathe in and out.. :giggle:

Especially if one has to be "lady-like".

Not to be rude or off topic--but nice signature.

I have let idiots get under my skin. I get stupid sometimes, too. There is rudeness all over the world, not just here. Drivers, shoppers, online acquaintences, etc. Tact is something I like to use. I just tell them they remind me of the south side of a horse that is facing north.

Dixie, I know what you mean, I thought that particular 'poster' is beyond stressed, has alot of emotional baggage to sort out. Not your fault, nor should you feel that way. We gave our assistance, they took it in a threatening posture (a head case if you a k me LOL), their loss, and move on. You did nothing wrong, you're a good person Dix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back