Rosie's magazine killed because she came out

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Reaction score
THE REAL REASON CORPORATE HYPOCRITES SUED: SHE'S GAY

Here is the link.

November 1, 2003 -- ROSIE O'Donnell's "partner" - the politically preferred term for her female lover - smiled as she showed me a photo of 11-month-old Vivienne Rose O'Donnell.
"Vivi," as Kelli Carpenter calls her, is blond, blue-eyed and lovely as this mom - one of two the child is entitled to.

Vivi is also at the core of this mean-spirited case that's brought the child's other mommy, Rosie O'Donnell, to court.

But no one has had the guts to say out loud what this case really is about.

Rosie O'Donnell is embroiled in a battle with German-owned magazine publisher Gruner+Jahr. They want her to cough up $100 million, after she walked away last year from Rosie magazine. Rosie wants $125 mil from the company.

In two days of testimony this week, uptight Gruner editors and flesh-eating lawyers have set out their case: Rosie is a "bitch."

But there's another word at the center of this ugliness, a word Gruner is terrified to utter: "lesbian."

They tap-dance around it, but no one can quite bring himself to acknowledge the obvious - at the moment Rosie O'Donnell came out of the closet, she became radioactive to Gruner corporate suits.

Let's recap: Back in 2000, when Rosie and Gruner teamed up to put out a magazine, Rosie O'Donnell was just a single mom with a crush on Tom Cruise.

That changed two years later, when Rosie declared she was gay.

That didn't surprise many people, but it seems to have sent the Gruner folks into a panic: How do you publish a mainstream women's magazine whose symbol is a lady who loves another?

Gruner's own witnesses tell the tale. When the mag was launched, Rosie O'Donnell had editorial control. But in 2002, the execs started keeping her in the dark - an apparent violation of her contract.

I asked Rosie if this was anti-gay discrimination. She said: "You have to wonder, don't you."

I have not always been on Rosie's side. I've expressed qualms about whether the current gay-parent population explosion is good for kids.

But I believe in something the Grunerites can't fathom: You must tackle important issues head-on.

One thing I can't stand is a phony.

Hope Rosie wins cuz clear cut case is major Discrimination and not only that Rosie worked her ass off and dealt with the BS in the media give the womyn a break for crist sake shes a proud mother and doesn't flaunt all she said was IM a lesbain and i have a daughter and i love my partner SO be it business shouldn't interfere with family life!

I hope Rosie has right to wins this case. She is normal like us lesbians who has crush on Tom Cruise! Come on, I do. I love womyn, too. :D

Sure do hope Rosie does win the case as it's really obvious that it's a case of discrimination against Rosie's sexuality. Go Rosie go! :thumb:

In a way, Rosie did keep something from her superiors and it cost them their business. It's not always wise to keep things to yourself when it could cost your superiors their business.

If Oprah came out of the closet, "O" would be shut down too.

discrimination based on the sexual orientation of a person is a BIG :nono: and im behind Rosie all the way in her fight against discrimination all cuz shes a lesbian as its the MOST stupidest thing to do!!!!!!!!! Empowerment for Rosie!!!!!!

how is sexuality anybody's business? why should rosie tell her bosses she's gay? BIG DEAL. those corporate fellas gettin' their panties in a wad over her sex life?! :ugh2:

Rosie's sexuality is nobody's business. German publishing company is damn narrow minded and homophobic.

I hope that Rosie will win the case.

didnt know she was gay in the first place, and i bet not lot of people know either, i dont believe it's because of the gay issue- lots of mazagines dont succeed

it was kinda boring u know?

Lasza said:
THE REAL REASON CORPORATE HYPOCRITES SUED: SHE'S GAY

But no one has had the guts to say out loud what this case really is about.

Rosie O'Donnell is embroiled in a battle with German-owned magazine publisher Gruner+Jahr. They want her to cough up $100 million, after she walked away last year from Rosie magazine. Rosie wants $125 mil from the company.

In two days of testimony this week, uptight Gruner editors and flesh-eating lawyers have set out their case: Rosie is a "bitch."

But there's another word at the center of this ugliness, a word Gruner is terrified to utter: "lesbian."

They tap-dance around it, but no one can quite bring himself to acknowledge the obvious - at the moment Rosie O'Donnell came out of the closet, she became radioactive to Gruner corporate suits.

Let's recap: Back in 2000, when Rosie and Gruner teamed up to put out a magazine, Rosie O'Donnell was just a single mom with a crush on Tom Cruise.

That changed two years later, when Rosie declared she was gay.

That didn't surprise many people, but it seems to have sent the Gruner folks into a panic: How do you publish a mainstream women's magazine whose symbol is a lady who loves another?

Gruner's own witnesses tell the tale. When the mag was launched, Rosie O'Donnell had editorial control. But in 2002, the execs started keeping her in the dark - an apparent violation of her contract.

I asked Rosie if this was anti-gay discrimination. She said: "You have to wonder, don't you."

I have not always been on Rosie's side. I've expressed qualms about whether the current gay-parent population explosion is good for kids.

But I believe in something the Grunerites can't fathom: You must tackle important issues head-on.

One thing I can't stand is a phony.

Ok this entire thing is so totaly retarted. It was stated, she walked away. She left them. Next thing, who hasnt known for years she was gay? Sure she never said anything, but it wasnt really that hard to see. The part about her sayng "you have to wonder" Duh, you know she's going to try and fan the flames. Point is, it seems they are both wrong, and both are evil, 1 for being rosie, the other for publishing that worthless piece of literature.

Odd side note to this all, at a gay and lesbian paraide, the man show asked women if they would sleep with rosie for 1 million dollars, not 1 woman, or man on camera said they would. I wouldnt either for 1 million... maybe 5.

Megladon said:
Ok this entire thing is so totaly retarted. It was stated, she walked away. She left them. Next thing, who hasnt known for years she was gay? Sure she never said anything, but it wasnt really that hard to see. The part about her sayng "you have to wonder" Duh, you know she's going to try and fan the flames. Point is, it seems they are both wrong, and both are evil, 1 for being rosie, the other for publishing that worthless piece of literature.

Odd side note to this all, at a gay and lesbian paraide, the man show asked women if they would sleep with rosie for 1 million dollars, not 1 woman, or man on camera said they would. I wouldnt either for 1 million... maybe 5.

I don't get your problem with Rosie. What's so evil about her? She has a huge heart, she's funny, she doesn't go around spreading hate against people. And she's already involved with a woman who appreciates her, so why would she give a rip about paying you or any other women to sleep with her. Sounds like mean junior high bullshit to me.

peacetrain said:
I don't get your problem with Rosie. What's so evil about her? She has a huge heart, she's funny, she doesn't go around spreading hate against people. And she's already involved with a woman who appreciates her, so why would she give a rip about paying you or any other women to sleep with her. Sounds like mean junior high bullshit to me.

My post wasnt ment to be a rip on rosie so much as a "lets hear both sides" type of post. Rarely does anyone look as good as the first poster was trying to make things look, and that is what i was going for. I personaly have nothing currently against her. The part about sleeping with her for 1 million dollars was something done on tv, so, understand the humor of it, if you cant see that much, i'm sorry for you.

Megladon said:
My post wasnt ment to be a rip on rosie so much as a "lets hear both sides" type of post. Rarely does anyone look as good as the first poster was trying to make things look, and that is what i was going for. I personaly have nothing currently against her. The part about sleeping with her for 1 million dollars was something done on tv, so, understand the humor of it, if you cant see that much, i'm sorry for you.

whatever, agree to disagree. I think a lot of things are funny, esp. when they poke fun at people who are self-righteous. but I don't think trashing someone who's doing good things w/a pure heart is funny. that's how hate continues to perpetuate. so just call me lacking in humor, whatever. feel sorry for me, if you will, doesn't matter to me.

Back