Rosetta stone knock off for ASL

Hi, I'm new here.

Just wanted to hop in and say that I would be interested in testing the program for you. I am a firefighter/emt and I have had numerous patients who were deaf/hard of hearing. I could tell how frustrating and scary it was for them to be ill/injured and unable to communicate with us. I would love to be able to sign ASL. It would enable me to help people in a more effective manner. I also think it would be an invaluable tool for my fellow firefighters.

On a side note, my cousin is also deaf as well and it would be nice to be able to converse with her in order to hone my skills.

Last edited:
You Can Sign Too

I love this program, I just started but its so much fun thank you Ive been looking for a way to learn ASL like this. Thank you again.

Just a thought for a name

You Can Sign Too

Just a quick update, I've gotten months of feedback on the test run so, now I know the direction that the program is going in, It's to be converted to a web site, almost all animated, and most signs will be added 4 at a time.

edit: Also it's taking longer to do a "good job" with the animation than it would have to use models . but I think it will be much better in toon form,

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new here.

Just wanted to hop in and say that I would be interested in testing the program for you. I am a firefighter/emt and I have had numerous patients who were deaf/hard of hearing. I could tell how frustrating and scary it was for them to be ill/injured and unable to communicate with us.

Whow, I wasn't even thinking about that. I should do one on emergency terms,

I love that you have worked to develop something like this.
Is there some place I can go to get this?

This is Awesome!

I used to be in IT and wrote training materials - this is a lot of work! Any chance you still need testers????

What app are you using to develop the animation??? :applause:

I saw this on when searching google and I must say its an amazing idea. I used to sign a little, 18 yrs ago and am slowly loosing my hearing again and would like to relearn to sign before my hearing completely goes. While interaction and exercises are the best way to go I'm not in contact with many people who sign anymore sadly.. I wish you luck on this project!

The letter k is blank on the after the video when it asks you to click on the sign language for each letter.

This person hasn't been here for a year, so I am not sure how the website is going now or what's going on. When I last went to it, it was down and not working.

hey idk if you are still reading this thread but I just wanted to let you know, I found this forum googling "asl for rosettastone". I am fully hearing and just finished an ASL 1 class and am completely inspired! I was looking for a program to help me learn the language and keep me on my toes with numbers, signs, and finger spelling. if you have completed the program do you have a link? and I have an idea for the fast finger spelling; if you separate all the letters out and play them one by one to spell a word, the user can set the speed at slow, med or fast depending on the skill level. idk if that makes sense but on aslpro.com they do I that way and it helps a lot!!! :)

Rosetta stone like program - for sign language

I am interested in learning sign language

How do I do this...

Thanks

Kimberley

Back