RIT Protest..

Oh boy.. it was not necessary... really... All they have to do is not attend the show. NSC president already explained in details in her comment post on Ridorlive blog...

I don't know who instigated the protest..

Back when I was RIT student, I didn't want Robert McFarlane to show up and give lecture there but we don't give damn by not going there to listen and watch him. Although the security was beefed somewhat during his visit to RIT because it was during the time of Iran-Contra scandal which he was under investigation.

Did you read their comments!

one say deaf actually sound retarded or have no sense of humor.

We can't laugh at our speech because we work too hard to communicate just for hearing people's sake, and what do we get? we get laughed at.

Radio transcript

Lampanelli promoted her upcoming RIT appearance during an interview Jan. 31 with radio personalities Brother Wease and Sally Carpenter. This transcript was written by RIT student Matt Shand, who downloaded the interview from a Web site of WCMF (96.5 FM):
Lampanelli: "I was always (wondering) if God would maybe think my act was awful and make me deaf so I can't do comedy no more, 'cause that's why people are deaf. 'Cause God hates them."
Wease: "Now listen, Lisa ..."
Lampanelli: "God hates deaf people. What's wrong with you?"
Wease: "There are going to be a lot of deaf people there."
Lampanelli: "Oh, I hope so."
Carpenter: "Well there will be. There's a college within RIT that's specifically for deaf students."
Lampanelli: "Don't you think deaf students could be maybe just retarded, and they're trying to sneak by saying they're deaf?"
Wease: "Lighten up a little bit."
Carpenter: "You can't make deaf jokes in this town."

I can see why people were upset by this. Just because she's a comedian, it doesn't mean she's funny. Myself, I think it's in bad taste of her to make such "comedic" remarks.

Even if I wasn't deaf, I wouldn't find any humour in what she said, not because of what she said... she's just not funny.

Did you read their comments!

one say deaf actually sound retarded or have no sense of humor.

We can't laugh at our speech because we work too hard to communicate just for hearing people's sake, and what do we get? we get laughed at.
U got a good point. Never thought of that..work hard to develop speech skills so we can communicate with hearing people and get those kinds of snotty remarks? Something wrong with the picture here?

Anyways, I cudnt access to the link due to using my SK.

Boult..I couldn't access to the VIDBlog u posted in another thread for me to see cuz iam using my sk. Haven't been on the computer due to being on the go. Maybe later tonight I can see all these links. :)

This is why I don't care for comedians like her, they influence the others to share the same sentiments.

Pot of Gold

Your my fucking hero! Come back to RIT anytime and pick on those retarded deaf people!

I can't wait to see how offended the RIT crowd gets when you come to Rochester Friday!!!

www.myspace.com/lisalampanelli

A lot of colourful language in the comments area and I mean a lot. I think I'll rather listen to Robin Williams.

This is why I don't care for comedians like her, they influence the others to share the same sentiments.

A lot of colourful language in the comments area and I mean a lot. I think I'll rather listen to Robin Williams.

Geez...that's sad that there r people who think so low of us and we don't do anything to them. There is another thread about deaf people having a hard time at their jobs cuz of ignorant or uneducated hearing people. Oh well..there will always be idiots out there.

It's the ignorant ones that allow her to continue her rudeness... As long as we educate the ignorant.. sooner or later, she will be out of a job.

I can see why people were upset by this. Just because she's a comedian, it doesn't mean she's funny. Myself, I think it's in bad taste of her to make such "comedic" remarks.

Even if I wasn't deaf, I wouldn't find any humour in what she said, not because of what she said... she's just not funny.

And I mean, Lampanelli isn't exactly well-known. If you want to know where she stands on how successful most Comedians are: imagine her 3 spots under David Spade. That's how much many people don't know who she is. When I first heard about her, the first thing that came to my mind was: "Who the hell is that?" I would have cared if it was someone on the level of say, George Carlin but this is a Comedian that nobody knows.

EDIT: I saw the ridorlive blog, and noticed she's on Comedy Central. Myself, I don't watch that channel.

And I mean, Lampanelli isn't exactly well-known. If you want to know where she stands on how successful most Comedians are: imagine her 3 spots under David Spade. That's how much many people don't know who she is. When I first heard about her, the first thing that came to my mind was: "Who the hell is that?" I would have cared if it was someone on the level of say, George Carlin but this is a Comedian that nobody knows.

Yeah, LOL. I had no frickin' idea who she is.

This is getting even interesting after someone left an ignorant comment on her myspace:

Mar 23 2007 8:36P

Your my fucking hero! Come back to RIT anytime and pick on those retarded deaf people!

Yeah, LOL. I had no frickin' idea who she is.

This is getting even interesting after someone left an ignorant comment on her myspace:

Mar 23 2007 8:36P

Fuck to Pot of Gold, she's fucking retarded, that ultra retarded. :pissed:

EDIT: I saw the ridorlive blog, and noticed she's on Comedy Central. Myself, I don't watch that channel.

My husband watches that channel often and he has told me that the shows on it have become popular in the past few months. Is this comedian saying those stuff on the Comedy Central?

My husband watches that channel often and he has told me that the shows on it have become popular in the past few months. Is this comedian saying those stuff on the Comedy Central?

No, she said these things on a radio show.

No, she said these things on a radio show.

Ouch!

Bearbeauty has a good point. Wonder if we can call the radio station and express our feelings? when I get on my computer later, I will see if I can find a way to contact the radio station and tell them that was uncalled for.

I don't know Lisa Lampanelli, but I don't find anything funny about what she says, that's not comedy to me. Her comedy would just put me to sleep, it'll be like watching another golf tournament on TV. :zzz:

For what it is worth, I wouldn't pay a dime to see her shows. ;)

Anyone know about Pot of Gold? She bashed on deaf people but I think that Vampy already know about her but not sure.

Back