RIP Windows XP

I ain't switching! I don't think either Creaky Dell or my laptop could handle a switch or upgrade anyway...

What about Vista? Is that still supported?

I'm not sure I want to touch Vista lol. My sister has Vista on their desktop. It's okay but still not sure with it.

Also am not sure that the two would even be able to deal with Vista. Creaky Dell desktop is already slow with the XP Home on there- I do still need to finish cleaning it up- its only a 40GB drive machine.

Hm.. Reading on Wiki (to determine timeline lol)- there's a "Windows Thin PC" version.. stripped down Win 7 for older computers but it says it's not reliable on wireless networks- all 3 of mine are connected to the internet and printer wirelessly.

Wirelessly posted

If you have windows XP in older computer, better switch to Google Chrome. IE is not good for more virus and hackers

Wirelessly posted

If you have windows XP in older computer, better switch to Google Chrome. IE is not good for more virus and hackers

How? I tried to do that last week, and it didn't go so well. Now my laptop is shut down for a good long while.

How? I tried to do that last week, and it didn't go so well. Now my laptop is shut down for a good long while.
What do you mean? What happened? Just switching browsers shouldn't "shut down" a computer.

What do you mean? What happened? Just switching browsers shouldn't "shut down" a computer.

It didn't, but it was taking way too long to make such a simple switch, so I shut it down, and switched to a full Android platform, which will serve me far better than my laptop ever did.

?? how could it take too long to make a 'simple switch'

All you do is download Chrome, install it and open. Didn't take me that long to on this machine. Importing bookmarks might take a little time but not more than a minute or two unless you have a million bookmarks or something. Even on the slow assed desktop it doesn't take THAT long to mess with switching browsers.

I use Firefox on all my machines- almost never touch IE unless I really have to. Do use Chrome a little for various reasons.

?? how could it take too long to make a 'simple switch'

All you do is download Chrome, install it and open. Didn't take me that long to on this machine. Importing bookmarks might take a little time but not more than a minute or two unless you have a million bookmarks or something. Even on the slow assed desktop it doesn't take THAT long to mess with switching browsers.

I use Firefox on all my machines- almost never touch IE unless I really have to. Do use Chrome a little for various reasons.

I have the Chrome Browser, which didn't take long itself, but it's my laptop VP's being vulnerable that I'm worried about. That, and the fact that I couldn't figure out how to download Chrome itself onto my laptop, which is exactly what I was trying to do last week, with no success.

VP is going to be vulnerable no matter WHERE you put it- PC, laptop, tablet, phone and even the standalone device.

Huh? Could you not just open IE (or any other browser already installed) and download Chrome that way? The only other way I can think of is to use another computer somewhere and download the EXE file to a flash drive (usb stick) and install from that to the laptop.

:dizzy:

I have the Chrome Browser, which didn't take long itself, but it's my laptop VP's being vulnerable that I'm worried about. That, and the fact that I couldn't figure out how to download Chrome itself onto my laptop, which is exactly what I was trying to do last week, with no success.
Vulnerable to what?

Wirelessly posted

Chrome is not hack-proof.

Chrome can be infected with malware and Chrome can even sync the malware extension to other computer or your phone if your not careful.

Switching to Chrome does not protect your computer, it having a good anti-malware and anti-virus running that what protects your computer.

I use Chrome all time because I like it and I like the sync feature but I am careful not to visit suspicious website or open unknown emails attachments.

Chrome is not hack-proof.

Chrome can be infected with malware and Chrome can even sync the malware extension to other computer or your phone if your not careful.

Switching to Chrome does not protect your computer, it having a good anti-malware and anti-virus running that what protects your computer.

I use Chrome all time because I like it and I like the sync feature but I am careful not to visit suspicious website or open unknown emails attachments.

still a much safer option than XP + IE

virus, malware, spyware, adware, hack.
I know the general meaning. I wanted to know what specific vulnerability there was about Chrome that concerned Mark.

I did warn my dad to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7. He still has not. :eek3:

I know the general meaning. I wanted to know what specific vulnerability there was about Chrome that concerned Mark.

There aren't any. My videophones running on the IE platform, however, are another story.

What kind of videophones? I never heard of that.

Sorenson and ZVRS use their own app and don't needs IE.

If that's the case, then why can't they be installed in ALL software? Such as Linux and Chrome? Yeah, doesn't work for either. Point made.

ChicagoBlue said:
If that's the case, then why can't they be installed in ALL software? Such as Linux and Chrome? Yeah, doesn't work for either. Point made.

what...? oh my....

Linux is an OPERATING SYSTEM.

IE is a BROWSER

Apples to Oranges.

VRS PC works on Windows (an Operating system) and OS/X (ditto an OS)
VRS mobile function on the OS platform- iOS and Android.

None of them work through IE, Firefox or Chrome because they are not programmed for browsers.

Now there IS a Chrome OS-- is this what you meant?? Not many people use this or are familiar- most people will think "browser" when they see "CHROME". Chrome OS is not supported either because it is based off of Linux AND is more of a web thin client anyway.

Chrome OS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Once again you confuse poor unsuspecting people with poor choice of words or incorrect terms. And you want to help/work in IT. Please stay away from Help Desk jobs...

if that's the case, then why can't they be installed in all software? Such as linux and chrome? Yeah, doesn't work for either. Point made.
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Back