ringing in ears.

EvilGurl666

Reaction score
For a couple days now. I've been having intense ringing in my ears that its also making me dizzy. I wanted to know if anybody had experience this.

I do. I thought my vertigo went away few years ago but apparently it is back now. Just yesterday I heard a very loud tinnitus in my right ear (usually it is in my left ear), then I got dizzy. It is a good thing I moved to where I could hold onto something to stop me from falling. I still get dizzy but it is from where I positioned my head at night time. I don't know if it had to do with my age or not.

Oh boy EvilGurl666

I had it ...I hated it, very disturbin' to me, drives me up to a wall and what worries me the most is when our ears a ringin' is the sign of we're gonna be a losin' more hearin', I don't wanna lose all my hearin' I had 83% now it's 16%, still hears but wish that ringin' would stop, grrrr I know how you feels oh boy!

For a couple days now. I've been having intense ringing in my ears that its also making me dizzy. I wanted to know if anybody had experience this.

I have those, too.. its been almost 1 1/2 years now.. its called vertigo..
its really driving me nuts..
no mediences help.. but I have been taking my blood pressure and heart meds.. its been less lately.. but still dizzy on and off.. i am afraid that i might be passed out in someplaces or vomit.. :/
no fun.. its been hellish.

Ringing multiple choice:

a. The devil is calling his evil gurl home.

b. You are no longer deaf; it's a miracle. Now answer the phone.

c. Intermittent tinnitus, join the crowd of normal deafies.

Dizzy mutiple choice:

a. Try sobriety for a change.

b. Get off the merry-go-round.

c. Intermittant vertigo, join the crowd of normal deafies.

It happens to me if I wear my hearing aids for too long.

Was there a change in habit recently?

Like Pepsi Lover said, she wore her hearing aid too long. If she suddenly stopped wearing hearing aids, she started hearing unusual ringing.

I don't remember if I've had anything like that. I've always wore my hearing aid on a balanced schedule. When I'm at home, I don't wear my hearing aid. If I'm out of the house, I do wear my hearing aid. If I'm working out, working outside, doing yard work, heavy work, working on the car, etc... I don't wear my hearing aid. I guess that's probably why I have not become to dependent on sounds. :dunno:

When my hearing aid broke a few months ago, I had intense ringing in my ear. Since I got it fixed and now wearing it daily, the ringing has disappeared.

I was concerned about it and was worried that I lost the little remaining hearing I had and wouldnt be able to hear with my HA like before. Turns out, that I am hearing the same as before.

Maybe that is the same for u?

The ringing your getting is called tinnitus, deaf/hoh and hearing people can get it and it can be constant or intermittent. Sometimes High doses of caffeine or constant fatigue can make it more noticeable. Pretty much everyone had some sort of ringing just that most people don't hear it. Sometimes too much loud noises can cause tinnitus as well (like after a concert). I would reduce your intake of caffeine and try to get some more sleep. I know some people use masking devices at nite like clock that plays ocean waves or bird sounds etc. That seems to help some people. You should search tinnitus and most sites will give you some self help ideas for your tinnitus, but to-date there is no cure for it. I have severe tinnitus so i know it really sucks! hopefully it goes away for you and it's just a temporary thing!

here is one site that may help you understand a bit..
American Tinnitus Association - About Tinnitus
Hope that's a start!

I got it too. I really hate it.

Ringings always come in my right ear alomost everday. I did go to see my doctor and adutist twice times, but they said it's nothing wrong.

So I have to deal with it.

I don't wear my HAs very much, anyway.

Lower salt intake
Less stress
less caffiene
more sleep
swimming pools can aggravate it...chlorine in water and pressure
I switched from brewed coffee to instant coffee....big difference...still have to limit it but a big help. Folgers Instant gave me tinnitus but cheaper brands help. Mountain Blend good.
Working on all of these together.....each helps a little bit.

I am just curious even though this may seem a silly question. Does tinnitus affect people who are born deaf?

I am just curious even though this may seem a silly question. Does tinnitus affect people who are born deaf?

No, it doesn't affect only the deaf ... as I have a cousin (-in-law) who suffers from tinnitus and he is hearing.

The reason I asked, is because apparently, according to what I have read that was written by a doctor, tinnitus is caused when the tiny hairs inside your ear touches each other. I guess this makes sense, especially if you are exposed to noise.

So, would this mean that people who are born deaf and do not have damaged hairs do not suffer from tinnitus?

But, then why does fatigue or caffeine affect tinnitus? I'm just trying to connect what pieces. :)

Back