RIC Hearing Aids and Earmoulds/Domes?

purplishspacerock

Reaction score
Hi, all. So, I'm being fitted with RIC aids and when I tried them, I had trouble listening to one input at a time, if that makes sense. I felt like I was struggling to differentiate between the natural sounds I was hearing, and the amplification of the HAs. I was wondering if actual earmoulds as opposed to the open domes would fix that? If it's even possible to fit a receiver-in-canal aid with earmoulds. I found closed domes, but frankly, domes like that are rather uncomfortable in my ears if I have them in for more than a couple of hours. They tend to make my ears itch and I have to take them out to scratch and rub the inside of my ears, then put them back in. =/

As a side note, if anyone has Starkey Xino hearing aids, I'd love to hear your feedback and experience with them!

Hi, all. So, I'm being fitted with RIC aids and when I tried them, I had trouble listening to one input at a time, if that makes sense. I felt like I was struggling to differentiate between the natural sounds I was hearing, and the amplification of the HAs. I was wondering if actual earmoulds as opposed to the open domes would fix that? If it's even possible to fit a receiver-in-canal aid with earmoulds. I found closed domes, but frankly, domes like that are rather uncomfortable in my ears if I have them in for more than a couple of hours. They tend to make my ears itch and I have to take them out to scratch and rub the inside of my ears, then put them back in. =/

As a side note, if anyone has Starkey Xino hearing aids, I'd love to hear your feedback and experience with them!

I have Starkey RIC hearing aids and I don't believe you can have full molds with them. Normally with RIC hearing aids you still have some hearing so they don't want to cover your outer ear( where the ear mold would be) because then natural sound would be stunted. You don't want to get to the point where you need the full molds. Mine itch occasionally but it was worse in the beginning. I've gotten use to them now. It helps if you clean out your ears and wipe the domes to make sure they are dry and clean, that had helped for me.
I'm not sure what you mean about listening to one input at a time? Mine were just turned in and ready to go with a few adjustments. If you just getting them you will most likely need a few adjustments and with that hopefully they will work better for you. Hope this helps!

Back