Reviews of inductive stereo ear hooks

Isadora

Reaction score
I have a custom-made hearing-aid (only one), and while discussing with my technician we talked about head/earphones for me. I tried a variety of headphones with large cushions, for home listening, studio-recording, with noise-cancellation, etc. but eventually they all heat up my ear, or touch my outer ear, causing a little clearance between my hearing aid and the inner channel, and this cause the hearing aid to "whistle".

He showed me inductive stereo ear hooks, but he told me that they might now work properly if there are strong magnetic fields nearby. Also, he told me that there are two versions: one single-ear with built-in mic for mobiles, and one double-ear for music players.

I just wanted to know about your experiences, if you find very often magnetic fields that cause troubles (I intend to buy them for when traveling by plane or train), and if you have had compatibility issues with your device.

Since I have one hearing aid only, I asked him if I could simply buy the single-ear version, but he said it might not work with laptops and mobile players. :roll: He talked about something with the jack of the ear hooks, so I am wondering if i should look for a specific brand.
He also mentioned that I should order a set that works with the specific brand/model of mobile phone that I am using, but I tend to change model at least once per year, and the ear hooks are sold for about $80 here in Italy, so I don't want to spend that money if they'd last only until the next mobile phone.[/QUOTE]

Back