Report to Parents or what?

Opal

Reaction score
My daughter collect Bratz dolls, anyway I invited her friend Courtney sleepover here few times until she changed to her new school recently.

Courtney is living with her single father, as her mother lives in other country, and he is unemployed. And my daughter is positive she stole her toys and is too frightened to tell her in case she will end the friendship with her.

I would like to confront her single father to stop her stealing my daughter's toys, or ?

My husband said she is not welcome to stay here again, and my daughter is very upset.

Bratz dolls and Bratz furnitures don't come cheap, as it cost at least $40 to $100 each.

What shall I do? I'm interested to hear any feedback about it!!

mmmh Good question.. I try what I can. Wait & see what AD´s reply on your question - maybe their suggestion is better one?

And my daughter is positive she stole her toys and is too frightened to tell her in case she will end the friendship with her.

Did your daughter see her friend took her toys?

I would like to confront her single father to stop her stealing my daughter's toys, or ?

Better not, until you need a proof... It´s no good to accussed anyone whom you have no proof. First of all is find the proof.

My husband said she is not welcome to stay here again, and my daughter is very upset.

Why your daughter is upset when she is positive it´s her friend who stole her toys?

Your daughter should talk her friend if she suspect it´s her ... Don´t attack her over that... Something like that... "Have you see my toys because I can´t find it?" Where? Talk her friendly.....

Bratz dolls and Bratz furnitures don't come cheap, as it cost at least $40 to $100 each.

First of all, how old are your daughter? I mean: She is old enough to learn how to take care of her toys to be safety if she know they are special to her?

Yes, I am agree that it´s not nice of friend who stole your daughter´s things whom friends she thought to be trust. What a sad but she need the proof if it´s really her or not.

RedRum,

I understand what your daug is feeling about this whole thing , like she is stuck in between a friend and her dolls collections that means so much to her....but, if a friend steal something from your daug that doesn't even belong to her the first place then she should have return them if the friendship between them means so much more...

My advice to you is to call her father to have his daug to return those dolls collections back to your daug... and if she ever wanted to borrow something all she had to do was ASK ....I hope that her father would do the right thing and his daug for the sake of the ' friendship ' between those two...If the friendship is broken that means she was never a TRUE friend of her in the begining....

There's always another friend!...

I wish you and your daug the best!...Good Luck! :ily:

Could you call the dad and ask about the dolls with out accusing his daughter of having taken the dolls? Something like saying "I think some how my daughter's toys might have gotten into some of your daughters stuff while they were playing. I'm sure it was an accident. My daughter really enjoys playing with your daughter but she is also sad that she can't find her toys."

This way you don't antagonise the dad and it leaves everything as being friendly. If he says she doesn't have them or he isn't agreeableto finding out if his daughter has them then *I* would drop the issue, and just suggest your daughter relax the friendship.

Hmm... have you tried talking to her parents? How old is your daughter? How old is your daughter's friend? Maybe, they can talk with their daughter about it and get this resolved. Maybe, nothing happened. It could be anything.

^Angel^ said:
RedRum,

I understand what your daug is feeling about this whole thing , like she is stuck in between a friend and her dolls collections that means so much to her....but, if a friend steal something from your daug that doesn't even belong to her the first place then she should have return them if the friendship between them means so much more...

My advice to you is to call her father to have his daug to return those dolls collections back to your daug... and if she ever wanted to borrow something all she had to do was ASK ....I hope that her father would do the right thing and his daug for the sake of the ' friendship ' between those two...If the friendship is broken that means she was never a TRUE friend of her in the begining....

True!

I've got three kids. Each one of them has attempted to take something from another kids house at one point or another. A couple times they have suceeded and I didn't know of it until cleaning out from underneeth their beds and saying to myself, "Where did they get this shit." kids do that and parents half the time aren't aware of it. Chances are the father of this kid has no clue, and if approached in the manner, "Hey mister so and so did my daughter by chance let your daughter borrow her bratz doll?" give him the opportunity to make it right, and make it right with the kid.

btw..I've also caught my kids lending toys to their friends cousins and whatnot and when asked where the toy is they always start out with "I dunno, then it digresses to they took it, and eventually the truth comes out." Especially if the toy is one of high value.
Needless to say My kids have had lotsa time outs for lying, taking toys, and in general making mistakes that kids make.

VamPyroX said:
Hmm... have you tried talking to her parents? How old is your daughter? How old is your daughter's friend? Maybe, they can talk with their daughter about it and get this resolved. Maybe, nothing happened. It could be anything.

Both girls are 10 years old. I will tell him if I find a right words how to address him very careful.

Liebling:-))) said:
Did your daughter see her friend took her toys?

1) No, she told me her friend is jealous of her Bratz dolls as her father cannot afford one for her, and she noticed some here is missing when Courtney came over here.

2) My daughter swore that she pack her Bratz doll in her sleepover bag at Courtney's house for the weekend, and she came home with her sleepover bag but the doll is missing. And what worse she recognised some of her things at her house, she didn't ask her question where is it comes from!!

Why your daughter is upset when she is positive it´s her friend who stole her toys?

Because she love her so much as she is feeling guilty to think its her.

Your daughter should talk her friend if she suspect it´s her ... Don´t attack her over that... Something like that... "Have you see my toys because I can´t find it?" Where? Talk her friendly.....

I will try to think how to address him very carefully, as my daughter told me he has short fuse!!

First of all, how old are your daughter? I mean: She is old enough to learn how to take care of her toys to be safety if she know they are special to her?

Yes, she took care of her things, but she remember put doll in her bag, and come home its GONE!!
Yes, I am agree that it´s not nice of friend who stole your daughter´s things whom friends she thought to be trust. What a sad but she need the proof if it´s really her or not.

Yes, Kids will be Kids, everyone is learning what is right and wrong.

coffeeeeman said:
I've got three kids. Each one of them has attempted to take something from another kids house at one point or another. A couple times they have suceeded and I didn't know of it until cleaning out from underneeth their beds and saying to myself, "Where did they get this shit." kids do that and parents half the time aren't aware of it. Chances are the father of this kid has no clue, and if approached in the manner, "Hey mister so and so did my daughter by chance let your daughter borrow her bratz doll?" give him the opportunity to make it right, and make it right with the kid.

btw..I've also caught my kids lending toys to their friends cousins and whatnot and when asked where the toy is they always start out with "I dunno, then it digresses to they took it, and eventually the truth comes out." Especially if the toy is one of high value.
Needless to say My kids have had lotsa time outs for lying, taking toys, and in general making mistakes that kids make.

Yes, same with me, sometimes I found toys in my house, as I never bought it and my girls told me they were gifts from her friends, I said "oh I see" Sometimes they swop their toys but they knew I don't like it without asking my permission first!

The truth coming out as I remember buy her 5 bratz dolls and only got 4 here, and asked where is the other one, she was frightened to tell me it's at Courtney's, and I told her "why?" she said she pack it in her overnight bag and come home it was gone!

Kids will be kids, and I will forgive Courtney but I will keep my eyes open more.

^Angel^ said:
RedRum,

Yes, thank you, she is frightened to end her friendship with her, friend is through thick and thin, and it would be interested to see what happen after I will tell him, and my daughter knew her father is very strict and she don't want her friend to get in trouble for that, but she is old enough to know its not right to steal things, but kids will be kids.

Megalofyia said:
Could you call the dad and ask about the dolls with out accusing his daughter of having taken the dolls? Something like saying "I think some how my daughter's toys might have gotten into some of your daughters stuff while they were playing. I'm sure it was an accident. My daughter really enjoys playing with your daughter but she is also sad that she can't find her toys."

This way you don't antagonise the dad and it leaves everything as being friendly. If he says she doesn't have them or he isn't agreeableto finding out if his daughter has them then *I* would drop the issue, and just suggest your daughter relax the friendship.

Its good comment thank you Megalofyia, I will tell him that she left it by mistake and hope to see her things back!!! Hopefully her father is taking it easy as he has a short temper!

RedRum said:
she is old enough to know its not right to steal things, but kids will be kids.

Yes, I agree!...I surly hope her father doesn't lose his temper on his own daug...

Red~Rum I understand how you are feeling...

When I was in St. Augustine, Florida This kid was sitting on the picnic table we provide for customers for eating area. He was with his Parent sitting .. he got up and went to our truck and took something I saw him but did not realized what he took but then I told My Father this Kid went in the Truck and took something but, I did not see so he went over there and saw that boy was holding onto this girl book and my dad went to the truck and see if the book was there and it wasn't so my dad went up to this boy and asked him did u get that book off the truck? the boy did not say anything just sit there quiet and my dad told his parent u know what right from wrong do u? u let ur son go in my truck and take something that does not belong to him. And the parent did not say anything either just sit there looking Dumb. So my dad was furious and told me that some Parent do not care what their Children do sometimes they are aware of their child stealing something but do not do anything about it. What a shame.

All u can do is ask the father if He had seen any dolls that doesn't belong to her.. Hope that you will get those Toys back.

RedRum,

I suggest that best interest for your daughter and mother can meet her friend who stole her stuffs.. Important discuss with their parent and situation.. To avoid heated.. If not work.. then simple not welcome her until smarten up to stop stealing theirs.. *simple* the solve problem.. I did confront to my daughter's friend's parent.. properly speak it out and why stealing my daugther's nail polish and make up etc etc.. Their parent was not pleasant looking and checked their daughter's bdrm.. found some of things.. Glady generously return my daugther's stuff back.. Their parent gave her grounded for being "stealing". Properly ways as displince their behavouirs.

*Wishes you have great luck*

Back