Rent and Roomshare forum?

soutthpaw

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is the chance of having a sub forum for rent and roommate offered, wanted etc? Maybe also a way to close each thread when each wanted or offered living space has been filled. I currently have a room for rent in my home but no idea where the best place to post would be so that it doesn't become lost quickly in newer forum posts?
It's challenging trying to find roommates that know or are learning ASL. Might also help folks looking to relocate?

What do you all think, Calvin?

Alex would have the final say as he's the Admin, Calvin is the next level of mod.

Interesting idea- I don't know how well it would work without it getting abused or someone jumping in to say "don't post this or that or is that really a good idea?!!"

Alex would have the final say as he's the Admin, Calvin is the next level of mod.

Interesting idea- I don't know how well it would work without it getting abused or someone jumping in to say "don't post this or that or is that really a good idea?!!"

Well, one of them isn't "here" right now. But the other one might. :lol:

I was wondering if there is the chance of having a sub forum for rent and roommate offered, wanted etc? Maybe also a way to close each thread when each wanted or offered living space has been filled. I currently have a room for rent in my home but no idea where the best place to post would be so that it doesn't become lost quickly in newer forum posts?
It's challenging trying to find roommates that know or are learning ASL. Might also help folks looking to relocate?

You want a deaf roommate? :shock: Good Luck! :wave:

That is entirely up to Alex, but we don't get to see many such requests for roommates or rent.

Alex could however edit "For Sale/Trade/Wanted to Buy" sub forum to add Rent "For Sale/Rent/Trade/Wanted to Buy" if that qualifies in the same category. It is up to Alex decision.

Craigslist already has that market cornered, I doubt it would help much at all having some kind of rent/rideshare hosted here.

Craigslist already has that market cornered, I doubt it would help much at all having some kind of rent/rideshare hosted here.
They don't have the knows/learning ASL rental covered. I could easily get a hearing roommate via CL. But the whole idea is to consider having a place specifically to find ASL roommates/rentals etc.

I know craigslist doesn't have an explicit deaf/asl listing but you can just add it to the description, e.g. "WANT DEAF ROOMMATE $400 PER MONTH"

Back