Religious psychosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, most christians know that if they hear physical voices, then there is something wrong.

Totally UNTRUE! They will believe it's God speaking to them and they will NOT think something is wrong.

Thanks Vamp and XBGMER for your comments by the way! It's definitely interesting!

I said most christians. And yes, they will say God is speaking to them, but if you ask them are they physically hearing God talking with actually sounds? you might get different replies.

Just because we're ignorant does not mean we should bring God up to explain the unexplained. If you don't udnerstand, you're ignorant. I am ignorant of many things but I don't bring up something that's even more ignorant.

Quantum mechnics claim that it's possible for things to appear out of nothing. Don't ask me. Computers, nuclear weapons, and microwaves are invented thanks to the understanding of QM.

Also, who created God? Before anyone says, "God always existed." The energy has always existed as well. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp? It makes a LOT more sense to believe that timeless energy has created matter and this universe and over time, created planets, stars, etc and then finetune to support life and so forth than a God who created something SO complex out of nothing.

God is the energy. :) Like Energy, God can't be destroy

Energy has NO intelligence or emotions therefore it doesn't make rules or morals or make plans. The God described in the Bible has human features and is even claimed to have a human form. God talks with the prophets, says the Bible.

Energy has NO intelligence or emotions therefore it doesn't make rules or morals or make plans. The God described in the Bible has human features and is even claimed to have a human form. God talks with the prophets, says the Bible.
Actually, if you lived in the Star Trek universe... energy has emotion and intelligence. ;)

Then we just made ourself a god.

really, it doesn't compute. things just don't appear out of nothing. When I say nothing I mean No gas, no molecules, no universe. Just pure blackness. Wait, there would be no blackness or light either.

No, you are saying we're making ourselves a god. Others may not share the same idea of a god. Or even better, others may not even conceptualize the idea of a supreme being.

That is true, God is who keep Energy going. Thats why I say he is the Energy. (I am not sure if I agree with you about human form though. I have to figure out what you mean by it)

Oh Moses, I'm seeing immature responses from both sides. :(

Netrox, your response to my post?

Netrox, your response to my post?

Your post? You asked me a question or what I think of your posts? I am not sure what you mean. The questions seemed rhetorical.

Sigh. Please don't be evasive.

Again, I understand that. Let's assume that God is the one described in a holy book (Torah, Bible, Qur'an) and that would be the only "defense" proof coming from a believer. All I ask you is to prove the Torah wrong by explaining how God does not exist.

I have faith in myself and follow my heart...does that make me a non-believer whose destinity is to go to hell?:ugh3:

According to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, yes.

But this need not to be perceived as a threat but a sign for you. People take them as a threat and become defensive needlessly. Instead, people should understand why they are the signs. Too many people become oblivious to these actual signs (like Netrox). :roll:

But this need not to be perceived as a threat but a sign for you. People take them as a threat and become defensive needlessly. Instead, people should understand why they are the signs. Too many people become oblivious to these actual signs (like Netrox). :roll:

Thanks..it is not a threat to me but I was curious what can of worms I will open with that question. :giggle:

actually, I don't think Judism believe there is a hell...

And one time I heard that Islam don't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back