Reinstate the draft?

ravensteve1961

Reaction score
I think the time is now to reinstate the draft but only close the loopholes then last draft.heres the way new draft should be.
If you just graduated from high school you must register at the post office no later than 2 weeks after your graduation. Failure to register will result a $5,000 fine and 6 months in jail. Then when your released from jail you get 2 more weeks to register if you fail to do that its $10,000 fine and a year in jail. It keeps on adding.

If youre selected you report to the US armed services with your report letter.
If you caught heading to canada on draft dodging charges you can get up to 30 years in federal prison and no paroles.
If you choose to go to college if your drafted you must suspend your college semesters and report for duty unless if youre in your senior class and then you can finish your senior year ,graduate, And then report for duty.
Failure to report for duty is up to 30 years in federal prison.

That id favor! It stops people from getting out of the army.

But it wont work if you use the high school graduation requirements. Many will simply drop out of high school to avoid registeration.

ravensteve1961 said:
Good!! And then they cant get a good job.
You'd be surprised how many people who did not graduate from high school can get good paying jobs.

Whatever, RS-- i just glad i graduated and got good job :thumb: if people dropped out of hs, thats their loss and big regret to learn later in thier life but they CAN always get GED! Thats their answer. Thanks god for GED for those people that can't graduate for a specific reason. Such as if pregnant while high school year or whatever. :)

Hey a GED is much harder to get then youre in high school. You cannot graduate with Cs and Ds with a GED. I herad kids get a D average in high school and they still graduated a friend of mine told me,,,,High school is this they let you in and they let you go. Its how much you wanna tolerate your wasted time in there. But with an D average you cannot go to college. But You cannot graduate with Cs and Ds with a GED. You must get an A,A- or B+ in order to get your GED. Plus i think G.E.D should be free and taxpayers should pay for adult education.

I dont think its stupid cental.In fact i think miss p would think this is a brillant idea!.

Maybe they should draft you, Ravensteve. I imagine you could shoot your mouth off without a problem on the battlefield.

Banjo said:
Maybe they should draft you, Ravensteve. I imagine you could shoot your mouth off without a problem on the battlefield.

Maybe they should.Id report for duty!
military-pullups.gif
ani-rifle-reps.gif
salute.gif
newp.gif
edgi06.gif

Rave you think the war is easy. You will wish that you never went to the war. War is full of sickness with no question asked. One more thing and there is no BUT or WELL or whatever.

The drafting thing is only a option to choose whenever our country is into a serious danger from the invader to intrude our country. People will join and apply for voluteer to fight for our country when that time occurs. It is the American's natural ablitiy.

Conclusion: I will never vote for your idea or support your idea. Our senators already knows what to do when they handling the drafting situation and that is why we vote our senators to do those jobs. By the way your idea is out of order, anyway.

Crazymanw00t said:
The drafting thing is only a option to choose whenever our country is into a serious danger from the invader to intrude our country. People will join and apply for voluteer to fight for our country when that time occurs. It is the American's natural ablitiy.
Ok Explan what is the vietnam draft was all about? Just a little get together? :roll:

Meg said:
You'd be surprised how many people who did not graduate from high school can get good paying jobs.

I agree! :) My grandfather was one of the 1930s teenagers, and back then many of them didn't have diplomas when they got out of high school. Guess what? Granddad worked at a sugar company for years, then he became a supervisor, then later he became Vice President! :) All without a high school diploma. :)

My father dropped out of high school to serve in the Army (this is during the Vietnam War) and he signed up in fear of being drafted. He never had a high school diploma, yet he still works hard, and made good money. :)

And....there is a guy who owns the Dollar General Stores in the U.S. (http://www.dollargeneral.com) He was a high school dropout....but he made bucks through these chains. :)

Nancy times have changed.Nowadays you read in the paper classfied Ads says
MUST NEED A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA. Back in the 30s,40s and 50s there wasnt one thing in the newspapers says MUST NEED A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA.

ravensteve1961 said:
MUST NEED A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA. Back in the 30s,40s and 50s there wasnt one thing in the newspapers says MUST NEED A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA.

There are ways to get around 'em to get a job without a high school diploma. People do get away with it and get a great job! and.. its 2000's now.. not 30's, 40's or 50's.. we still have ways to get around.. there are better techs nowadays.

ravensteve1961 said:

Why don't you think about how much outrage there is going to be throughout the country if a draft was passed? Its NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Any elected official that seriously, openly supports a draft is committing career suicide.

And Steve, along with ads reading NEED HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, there is also OR GED. Suffering a case of selective knowledge? The GED was created for those who served in the army after World War II and missed out on their chance to graduate high school, in order to help them find better jobs. Once again, think before you type.

Yep, people can get job without college even high school diploma--

RS-- you know nothing about this, GED is someone can go back to school and finish what they need to do, *smh* not about the grades related. IF grades are failing, they CAN go back school only for summer to make up then continue on. YEA-- go run and cry baby to Miss P since she's your girlfriend.

it's full of craps with this-- glad it's 2000 than back then. RS, just make sure you research more carefully about GED :crazy:*rme*

cental34 said:
Why don't you think about how much outrage there is going to be throughout the country if a draft was passed? Its NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Any elected official that seriously, openly supports a draft is committing career suicide.

And Steve, along with ads reading NEED HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, there is also OR GED. Suffering a case of selective knowledge? The GED was created for those who served in the army after World War II and missed out on their chance to graduate high school, in order to help them find better jobs. Once again, think before you type.

I AGREE with you!!! Rock on! ;) THINK before type (same thing THINK BEFORE OPEN YOUR MOUTH, START SIGNING)

Good thing GED is agreed to do for people that needs it! :)

ravensteve1961 said:

Guess he is TOO obsessed into the past--30's to 50's style :ugh:

Back