Recommend good ASL movies ?

Anij

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed in the past here (back in 2005 etc) , however I wanted to start something a bit more "current".

I'm looking for some GOOD ASL movies that are available on DVD (or viewable online).

We all know about the more "mainstream" movies like Children of a Lesser God, Sweet Nothing in my Ear, and the documentary on CI - Sound & Fury ...however I'm looking for others :)

I know about the ASL Films Website however, due to my location, I've never been able to see a screening of any of their films. I don't want to purchase movies if the quality (filming) is low or the content /story line is boring etc ...

Suggestions ?

I saw a movie that I loved a long time ago but I honestly don't know if it is in ASL or not I think it is cause i was fascinated by watching the little girl fingerspell UNION. Which was the only word that I slowed the movie down to learn. It's called "Love is Never Silent" It's an old movie that took place in the past, not sure what year. And it's pretty sad at least in the begining. Also I was a Child when I watched it so... Anyway if you can find it, I hope you like it too.

Hamill the Movie

Hamill

It is a true story about Matt Hamill. Matt is a to level UFC fighther. Matt is also deaf.

Shane

Well, I recently bought three ASL films on DVD. I have seen only one so far, but it was enjoyable. It's called The Legend of the Mountain Man.

The other two are called "Forget Me Not" and "Wrong Game"

Captions

I am not sure if it has captions. I think it does, but I am not 100% positive. This will be an inspirational movie for everyone. I can't wait until it comes out.

Shane

does it have captions?

I haven't seen any information about captioning on it so far on Captionfish. I'm sure it will though, since it's focusing on a deaf person. I'm sure Hamill will make sure there will be captions for his movie. You can check for news on it on Facebook or the movie website. I can't wait to see it. :)

Thanks everyone!

I haven't seen Hamill yet, so I'll keep my eyes open :)

Miss-Delectable: Once you've watched the other 2 movies, let me know what you think? I'm looking at possibly getting the Three-movie package they carry that has all three movies at a discount (when bought together). Because I don't know anything about them (other than the trailers etc) I don't want to buy them without at least getting a few opinions about them!!

Are these movies done entirely in ASL or are they 'mainstream' movies with ASL playing a main roll/theme?

Well, I recently bought three ASL films on DVD. I have seen only one so far, but it was enjoyable. It's called The Legend of the Mountain Man.

The other two are called "Forget Me Not" and "Wrong Game"

was it strickly in ASL or did it have voice as well?

Thanks everyone!

I haven't seen Hamill yet, so I'll keep my eyes open :)

Miss-Delectable: Once you've watched the other 2 movies, let me know what you think? I'm looking at possibly getting the Three-movie package they carry that has all three movies at a discount (when bought together). Because I don't know anything about them (other than the trailers etc) I don't want to buy them without at least getting a few opinions about them!!

If you do order the movies from ASL Films, let me know if you pay duty on it or not.

Back