Rechargeable Hearing Aids

SJCSue

Reaction score
I have been "green auditing" myself to see what areas I can become more green (eco-friendly). One area I may become more eco-friendly is my hearing aids by buying rechargeable hearing aids. I am concerned about the price of these hearing aids. How much are rechargeable hearing aids? You can give me a rough estimate. Thank you!

Last edited:
I think rechargeable costs slightly more, but you are saving on buying batteries in the long run. Battery costs pile up.

It was long enough ago (probably in the 1980's) that I have forgotten thee exact date but I had some rechargeable 675 batteries. They did work but did not hold long enough for a really long day. There was not problem recharging them but changing in the evening was annoying. But . . .that was quite some time ago and batteries rather than aid tech.

From what I understood from a recent visit to my audi, rechargeable HAs are the only kind manufactured now for the ReSounds (which I have.) Not sure if that is true across all brands. I am hard-pressed to find 675s in the stores anymore. I know I can buy them online as I have in the past, but I expect a day will come when I need to replace my HAs and I guess they will be rechargeable then.

For those of you in the USA; I have found my local Walgreen's to be a reliable source of #675 hearing aid batteries. And . . . they are fairly often on sale.

My local Walgreens used to have them in plentiful supply. They quit selling them, and I had to ask the manager if they were bringing them back, and they said no. :sad:

From what I understood from a recent visit to my audi, rechargeable HAs are the only kind manufactured now for the ReSounds (which I have.) Not sure if that is true across all brands. I am hard-pressed to find 675s in the stores anymore. I know I can buy them online as I have in the past, but I expect a day will come when I need to replace my HAs and I guess they will be rechargeable then.

I wouldn't say that's true; my Widex still take batteries and I prefer models that do. If you lose power during the night, and rely on that to recharge your batteries, I guess you're out of luck....I'll stay with the non-rechargeable hearing aids models myself.

My local Walgreens used to have them in plentiful supply. They quit selling them, and I had to ask the manager if they were bringing them back, and they said no. :sad:

try CVS, I seen 675s there! (also thankfully that's why I'm glad I am still in 13s)

I wouldn't say that's true; my Widex still take batteries and I prefer models that do. If you lose power during the night, and rely on that to recharge your batteries, I guess you're out of luck....I'll stay with the non-rechargeable hearing aids models myself.
Totally understand. I was saying in my post that the newest ReSounds now only have the rechargeable ones. The older ones don’t, like mine, and I’m sure other brands like your Widex don’t either. But it sure seems like a sign of things to come, down the road.

Back