Recent apartment break in - few tips.

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it is the right area - please relocate if necessary. It has been a while since I last posted. Well, hello all!

Straight to the point, I moved to an apartment complex with my partner few months ago and only few days ago, our apartment got broken into and has stolen my playstation 4, which I only had it for a year, the apartment didn't have a deadlock because the front doors of the complex is locked with high security but someone did not close the door properly which has caused the contribution of the break in - it was scary - the apartment was ransacked. We did call the police and report it - we lost $2,500 worth of valuables. Door lock replaced within hours.

This was a lesson learnt - if you ever have a PS4 console and you don't want it to be stolen, I would recommend you to write down the serial number and the mac address of the console so you can give the mac address to the SONY company as it can be flagged as stolen so it can be tracked when it comes online by the thief and the location would be grabbed and handed to police for arrest. Have no content insurance so will get it soon and I would recommend installing a deadlock if you haven't one in your apt!

Not sure if it is the right area - please relocate if necessary. It has been a while since I last posted. Well, hello all!

Straight to the point, I moved to an apartment complex with my partner few months ago and only few days ago, our apartment got broken into and has stolen my playstation 4, which I only had it for a year, the apartment didn't have a deadlock because the front doors of the complex is locked with high security but someone did not close the door properly which has caused the contribution of the break in - it was scary - the apartment was ransacked. We did call the police and report it - we lost $2,500 worth of valuables. Door lock replaced within hours.

This was a lesson learnt - if you ever have a PS4 console and you don't want it to be stolen, I would recommend you to write down the serial number and the mac address of the console so you can give the mac address to the SONY company as it can be flagged as stolen so it can be tracked when it comes online by the thief and the location would be grabbed and handed to police for arrest. Have no content insurance so will get it soon and I would recommend installing a deadlock if you haven't one in your apt!

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that your PS4 is stolen and that why I don't want to live in apartment due to higher burglary rate, but it could still happen in houses as well.

In bold, I like your post, I got PS4 last week after sold my Xbox One. That's great advice and I'm going do it. Thank you very much for helping.

I haven't see you in long time.

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that your PS4 is stolen and that why I don't want to live in apartment due to higher burglary rate, but it could still happen in houses as well.

In bold, I like your post, I got PS4 last week after sold my Xbox One. That's great advice and I'm going do it. Thank you very much for helping.

I haven't see you in long time.

Of course, it has been a long time I have been on AD since last time. Good to see you Foxrac.

Unfortunatey, break ins can happen anywhere, but common sense is required to protect the neighbours. I have requested my landlord to install a deadlock asap, which is in process as we speak so hopefully it is done soon so it is much safer. It is rather unfortunate that my apartment was picked out randomly.

Indeed, it is worthwhile to have these written down, just in case it get stolen. Lucky, my SO have other PS4 but this one wasn't stolen which was quite unusual, mine was white though.

Back