Really broke....

sonocativo

Reaction score
Well about2 weeks ago I let my son take his new tablet to the store with us, now this is the last replacement on the plan and so he dropped it and shattered the screen. It worked but had to flip it constantly to get certain touch features to work which was a PITA.
Well I hopped on fleabay and ordered the Digitizer screen to fix it, but that was short lived as I picked away at the glass I soon found out the digitizer screen is glued to the LCD screen so both has to be replaced together...grrrr. So now it was Really Broke ! As it didn't respond to touches at all now. So I broke the news to my son that Daddy "really broke" it ... he was a trooper holding back tears and all. So that night I got back on fleabay to return the glass and for not much more than buying the replacement screens I could get a brand new tablet, so I bit the bullet and just got a new one for him as well as a good cover and a 2 year protection plan as well. Now I'm reloading all his programs and going to give it to him after his pinewood derby race Saturday. He deserves it as he has went to the Dentists these past 3 weeks, had 1 molar pulled, 1 cavity filled, a cap and next week is a cleaning.

Cant wait for the excitement on his face.IMG_3079.JPG IMG_3078.JPG

Do you watch movies on tablet?
My son watches Netflix on it, plays ABC Mouse, youtube videos... all around with games and more.
I am deciding to get the old one fixed ($135 part + labor) or $200 new on ebay. It iis an LG Gpad X 10.1 v930, a great tablet.
Ordering him a new cover not the greatest but better than the one he has since they don't make otterboxes yet for this.

https://www.incipio.com/cases/table...cases/octane-bumper-folio-lg-g-pad-x10-1.html

http://www.lg.com/us/tablets/lg-V930-g-pad-x-10.1

I think this thing is better than the laptops I have....that's sad.

Well today, since I got my son the replacement tablet... I wasn't afraid to tear into the old tablet. So I finally got the screen assembly separated from the body ( Digitizer touch screen and LCD are glued together ) so now I see that its really simple to replace with a new assembly as the screens can be orders as a unit, just line up the plug and press into place. $76 for the new unit and I can either keep it for myself or I can sell it for $300 and get my money back.IMG_3152rs.jpg IMG_3153rs.jpg IMG_3158rs.jpg

Back