Real Effects of smoking pot

That's why I don't see how legalizing the drug is going to be a good thing.

Let me share little bit about me..

I was about 17 years old, I started doing drugs.. smoking pot & bong & etc.. for couple years plus other kinds of drugs... maybe around 19, I was smoking bong with a friend's bf.. I never met him, she just started went out with... I felt different after I smoke bong .. my guts felt that he did put something in it..
after we left, I couldnt feel my feet touching brakes or gas.. it was scary.. so we decided to find a car park someplace.. and go home on bus... next day, I was SICK.. got hooked on more drugs, less on pot..

Yes, I used to be honor roll all B's and A's but.. the drugs have done to me now, I couldnt remember the past (most of it) or figure out the Math.. something heavy or hard questions, i couldnt think..

I really regreted that i was involved with drugs in the past, I have been sober for almost 14 years with drugs but not pot.. been 8 years for pot.. and 6 years for drinking..

i am not surprised if i become senile or alzherimers.. oh well

:)

pot isn't that harmful. As for those scans, it's no secret that anti-drug organizations distort the results. For example, in 1980's when they showed the brainwave of a "this is man on drugs" vs the normal brainwave.. turns out that the abnormal brainwave was not by the drug, that man was in coma and he never smoked pot!

A new study came out showing that there is NO difference in pot smokers and non-smokers when it comes to the risk of lung cancer. Researchers were shocked because they expected to see pot smokers having more lung cancer but it just doesn't happen.

Also, they discovered that THC, the active ingredient in pot, is a potent antioxidant that prevents brain damage and they're working on using THC for brain-damaged people.

So much for "the dangers of pot!"

But pot does impair memory. It is not that harmful as you make it out though.

gnarlydorkette said:
Maybe I am making a biased generalization but I haven't seen a friend who is a heavily pot-smoker (gotta smoke pot daily at least once) that is successful in career, academically, or socially. And none of them are emotionally-stable.

I felt I overgrew them and I never really have fun with them anymore. They are still stuck in that rut where they act like juvenilles and irresponsible and unmotivating. They are at least 5 to 10 years older than me, but they are acting like 16 years old.

So I kept saying NO because I saw the results in my old friends and I don't want to become one of them.
Don't bullshit me that it is "just a herb"...

Well..........I've smoked weed occassionally since I was 18 years old. I am now 51. I had a successful career as a nurse, retired, went back to school at the age of 49, and am now working towards my masters degree in counseling psychology with a minor in deaf studies. May GPA is a 3.872. I am extremely emotionally stable--more so when I'm smoking pot. Keeps me from killing all the annoying people I have to deal with! :whistle:

There is a successful career, success in academics, and my social life is great. And obviously not too much brain damage, because my GPA is better than the majority of the younger students.

jillio said:
Well..........I've smoked weed occassionally since I was 18 years old. I am now 51. I had a successful career as a nurse, retired, went back to school at the age of 49, and am now working towards my masters degree in counseling psychology with a minor in deaf studies. May GPA is a 3.872. I am extremely emotionally stable--more so when I'm smoking pot. Keeps me from killing all the annoying people I have to deal with! :whistle:

There is a successful career, success in academics, and my social life is great. And obviously not too much brain damage, because my GPA is better than the majority of the younger students.

I was making a generalization about people who had to puff more than once a day. I am not against people "trying" it out, or using it as a way to relax, but if you have to give up a week of grocery to buy a bag of weed, that is somebody that is addicted to weeds. THOSE people are whom I was talking about. :)
:thumb:

jillio said:

Yeah.. I smoke since i was 25... Used to smoke pot heavily.. now just ocassionaly... I will be 62 next month.. and my memory are very sharp..I agree with you.. nothing is wrong with weeds..

SxyPorkie :hyper: :h5: :h5:

i never smoke pot. well i have kids i cant use that. that one help your memory? i guess so

starrygaze said:
i never smoke pot. well i have kids i cant use that. that one help your memory? i guess so

Smoking weeds has not damaged my brain.. I still remembered everything I went through childhood.. etc...I talked to my old classmates.. they were shocked that I remembered how they did in school.. and remembered the color certain person wore....I do not forget easily...

Everyone kept saying that smoking pots had caused holes in the brain... What a Big Joke... I had several head cat scan or MRI due to migraines... no holes in my brain...

People should not make up bullshit about smoking weeds... smoking weeds has not make a person going beserk like alcohol does to people,

SxyPorkie

In California you can get a license to get some weeds with doctor s permissions... I have one...

When I did research, I learned that frequent use of marijuana causes facial and chest hair growth in women and lower sperm count in men. :eek:

VamPyroX said:
When I did research, I learned that frequent use of marijuana causes facial and chest hair growth in women and lower sperm count in men. :eek:

Hmmmm..........I don't have facial hair or chest hair! :)

gnarlydorkette said:
I was making a generalization about people who had to puff more than once a day. I am not against people "trying" it out, or using it as a way to relax, but if you have to give up a week of grocery to buy a bag of weed, that is somebody that is addicted to weeds. THOSE people are whom I was talking about. :)
:thumb:

I agree with you on that point. But in those cases, the problem is not the weed, it's why they are smoking the weed. Just like people that get addicted to anything--they use it to block out the things in life that they can't deal with.

VamPyroX said:

That where you are wrong...I dont have any facial hair .. I am female... I had known a guy who habitually smokes weeds.. he has 5 kids.... :ugh2:

Ive known some pot smokers over the years and some do fine with pot and others had trouble making good decisions while stoned all day long. The worst pothead Ive known spent $500 monthly on pot and he is on SSI. :ugh2:

sillycat said:
Ive known some pot smokers over the years and some do fine with pot and others had trouble making good decisions while stoned all day long. The worst pothead Ive known spent $500 monthly on pot and he is on SSI. :ugh2:

This is where you are wrong... I had been smoking since i was 25.... used to smoke everyday.... now just ocassionaly... I will be 62 in about three weeks... it is not addicting....

SxyPorkie :ugh2:

There are students here at NTID who are so fucked up on pot that they get busted and are suspended. There are also others who end up leaving school because they find pot more relaxing than taking classes. Later, they start bitching about how no one wants to hire them because they smoke pot too much and have no degree. Well, duh!

SxyPorkie--Please read my post more carefully. I said SOME people do okay with pot and others don't do well in life when stoned. I did not say ALL potheads are losers. Yes, I smoked pot in college for a few years and decided to quit becuz I became born again christian and several years later, I tried smoke it again and I got high but felt like "been there, done that." So I haven't smoked again since...I am agnostic now and who knows, maybe I will become a born again buddahist in the future...Enjoy your tokin' :)

It is no big deal..,,, weeds is better than smoking cracks or meth.... it is not habit forming at all,,,
SxyPorkie

sillycat said:
Stay high baby!! ;)
Very funny.... i had not smoked weeds for about two months.... i dont have to stay high.... i only smoke when i need it thats all,.,, dr s order,,,
SxyPorkie

Back