Read Your New Dmv Title Carefully!

diehardbiker

Reaction score
I am sure many of you have bought and sold vehicles of any kind. For years I had no problem until just now. LOL, glad it was just the beginning and I decided to take action than wait until later when I sell my vehicle.

Usually I just verify and check some of info when I get title cause I never had any issues to begin with but for some reason this time I decided to read carefully on my new vehicle title that just came in mail. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and knew I must take action to fix the problem. I have done quick research and I was surprised that yes, can happen and if one wait too long its going to be disastrous when selling or need to get rid of vehicle later on.

What I am doing right now chasing the dealer themselves, why dealer first? Why not the bank (Cause its wrong name on lien holder on the title)? Bank can not take care of them because Bank never deal with DMV, they only verify if it was paid off and if there is no such record, there is nothing the bank can say to DMV for verification, this is precisely why never wait until when one decide to sell, If I gone directly to DMV, they don't give a damn because I don't have record from that bank proving I don't owe anything to them. So, back to the Dealer.

As of right now, it has escalated to president of the company (Dealer) and hopefully they can fix em. LOL At least Im glad I caught in time and took the action.

Any1 of you have experience? Perhaps you got better ideas and share. I will let you guys know what happened afterwards. I am not too worried cause Im keeping that RV for long time.

that gotta suck i wonder if the rv has an old lien on it from previous owner. who the rv seller?

that gotta suck i wonder if the rv has an old lien on it from previous owner. who the rv seller?

No, it should show lienholder as whom I borrowed from. The ceo of dealer told me to return title to them and they have to fix it themselves. They made mistake, meaning they have to pay to replace title with DMV, so I should get new one. Will do that later this week, been busy out of town once again.

This have nothing to do with previous owner, most likely they got it mixed up with me and their other customer when doing DMV transaction. Other customer who bought their RV from same dealer may have my bank name on their title as lienholder, if they didnt do a thing now, they will have to pay more to clear up and deal with goose chase.

thats good. at least its
cleared up
Yea, not yet clear up, at least CEO already aware of and commited to have it fixed... see see. Will post within 2 months. Title process takes 6 weeks. I aint paying their mistake.

If I wait til after pay off, these dealer wont do a damn thing because they would say... why wait? We have no idea if you refi or not so we cant help. DMV wont honor anything after even pay off because bank B do not have any record of any kind and wont be able to release of lien forcing DMV not do a thing. It would be a mess in end.

Back