Raisins and grapes can be harmful to dogs

egad- better watch out for my dog NOT to eat any of those

thanks for the warning, man

other thing...

did u know that also chocolate is bad also. Just sayin! But thnx for tellin me!

:shock: my dog always steals grape when we aren't looking LOL..

gotta watch him more carefully when kids leave them out on table oh wait.. its warm outside lately soo dog tend stays out more often... :)

Wendy

yeah... also for those hawaiians.. don't let ur dog eat macidoma nuts :D it's deadly food for dogs. cocoa too.. and choclate,

Wow, Banjo! didnt know this..grapes and raisins are bad for dogs? well, i have never given my dog any or any chocolate either!
Also!! never, ever give your dog any kind of bones!! One time we gave my dog some ham bones, he started to whine, so thought he needed to go outside but he was running, screaming! scared us to death, we speculated that it was the bones coming thru his bowels, hurting him in the process! My husband said it could cause death if the bones punctured his intestines!! So we took him to the vet, he said it passed thru ok but he was very lucky cuz it didnt puncture his intestines!! So never never again that we give him any bones!!..it can be dangerous to dogs and cats too if you give your cat some chicken bones, thats a no, no! Vet said chicken bones are not good either!
Just thought id give you warning about giving your dog or cat any kind of bones! Dont do it! give him/her some meat off the bones will be better..My dog eats good brand of dog food and occasionally we give him some meat but no bones at all! I didnt think dogs like any kind of fruit! geez!

Defee said:
Wow, Banjo! didnt know this..grapes and raisins are bad for dogs? well, i have never given my dog any or any chocolate either!
Also!! never, ever give your dog any kind of bones!! One time we gave my dog some ham bones, he started to whine, so thought he needed to go outside but he was running, screaming! scared us to death, we speculated that it was the bones coming thru his bowels, hurting him in the process! My husband said it could cause death if the bones punctured his intestines!! So we took him to the vet, he said it passed thru ok but he was very lucky cuz it didnt puncture his intestines!! So never never again that we give him any bones!!..it can be dangerous to dogs and cats too if you give your cat some chicken bones, thats a no, no! Vet said chicken bones are not good either!
Just thought id give you warning about giving your dog or cat any kind of bones! Dont do it! give him/her some meat off the bones will be better..My dog eats good brand of dog food and occasionally we give him some meat but no bones at all! I didnt think dogs like any kind of fruit! geez!

:-o
No bones for the dogs?

The dogs need the bones to improve their teeth... Without bones, dogs would of damage the furniture?
I was grown up with dogs... My mother get overleft bones from the butcher gratis for the dogs to prevent to damage the furniture...
I'm curious what you give your dog something to improve his/her teeth?

Thanks for telling me.. My darling best friend Copper (my dog) LOVES eating grapes, and he been doing it since he was a puppy. And he loves eating watermelon and honeydew. Also pickle too. He is 5 years old and his vet said his health is GREAT.

But NO NO chocolates or nuts (walnut, peanuts, etc). It will kills the dogs.

Liebling:-))) said:
:-o
No bones for the dogs?

The dogs need the bones to improve their teeth... Without bones, dogs would of damage the furniture?
I was grown up with dogs... My mother get overleft bones from the butcher gratis for the dogs to prevent to damage the furniture...
I'm curious what you give your dog something to improve his/her teeth?
I would suggest you buy those fake chew bones that they sell at pet stores, WalMart has those..you know what im talking about? I think if i remember right, they are raw leather chews or something like that, they come in small, med and large sizes..i get large ones for my dog once in a while and it is safe and good for their teeth..he has some chew toys to gnaw on too. I think it would help if you give your dogs chew toys and those fake chew bones.

Yep, I always buy the chew bones that help my dogs to improve their teeth cleannings and gums cleannings. And I have the special bones for them that kills their breaths.

Defee said:
I would suggest you buy those fake chew bones that they sell at pet stores, WalMart has those..you know what im talking about? I think if i remember right, they are raw leather chews or something like that, they come in small, med and large sizes..i get large ones for my dog once in a while and it is safe and good for their teeth..he has some chew toys to gnaw on too. I think it would help if you give your dogs chew toys and those fake chew bones.

yeah, I understand what you mean...

I saw alot of rubbers, leather, fake bones etc. at pet shop... true...

Boy! i didnt think any fruit and nuts are safe for dogs! so im surprised that you let your dogs eat those! it might hurt their digestive systems cuz they are not same as humans.....my vet said no fruit, nuts and veggies not even scraps from the table, also said that meat and fish are fine for dogs..He told me that some people spoil their dogs by feeding them human food and they die young!!....

Banjo said:
Claim: Raisins and grapes can be harmful to dogs.

Click on the link below to read everything,

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp

Wow, I am very surprise. I can't remember when my dog, Barney did eat those raisins and grapes. He tend to ripping the garbage bag and explore for the food. Oh dear...

Thanks Banjo for sharing this site with us. I will remember this on my mind.

Defee said:
yeah dogs LOVES to chew on things...wires, cables, bones, toys, clothes, etc...

never EVER give a bone to a dog because the dog would most likey be choked or eat the bone in a wrong way so...just gave them meat but MUST be boneless though.

Steel said:
yeah dogs LOVES to chew on things...wires, cables, bones, toys, clothes, etc...

never EVER give a bone to a dog because the dog would most likey be choked or eat the bone in a wrong way so...just gave them meat but MUST be boneless though.
I dont know if all dogs love to chew but puppies do!! when my dog was a puppy he loved to chew so we gave him lots of chew toys so he never chewed up the furniture or anything! Now he is 2 years old, he dont chew nothing but chew toys and fake bone...we never will ever again give him any kind of meat bones! it nearly killed him..he was lucky that it passed thru him without tearing up his intestines!!..you see the bone gets chewed up but not real good, so it can have sharp edges and it can tear up the intestines !

true. he must be really lucky to live through that one...do you remember how long or big the bone was when he got it in his mouth?

I usually giving my bullies.. Cheddar Cheeze/Carrots/cooked Eggs.. which it's healthier furs and delevops healthier too.. cuz i'm breeder..

*Not Allowed giving Ear pigs bones* can be affect choking to death.

Bullymom, cheddarcheese is not good for dog!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back