Raising a daughter

Lillys dad

Reaction score
I picked up a book today called "Father to Daughter". It is a book of quotes from fathers that have raised successful daughters. While reading them it occured to me that all of the quotes are good, but a few of them really stick out as good advice when raising a deaf daughter. I put a couple of them as quotes here. BTW The same author has books for moms and dads raising sons and daughters. They are really quite good. I purchased the "Mother to Daughter" for my wife as a little stocking stuffer for xmas.

"Never forget that supportive fathers raise daughters with high self esteem".

"Teach her to take pride in who she is"

"show her how to throw a right cross. That will stop any boy from picking on her."

"Never laugh at her dreams"

"Remember, she needs a strong self-image BEFORE she becomes an awkward teen. A father's love can make all the difference."

Others are just great quotes

"Teach her to trust her instincts, especially when a person or plac3 feels unsafe"

"Remind her that the most sacred thing between a father and daughter is trust"

I picked up a book today called "Father to Daughter". It is a book of quotes from fathers that have raised successful daughters. While reading them it occured to me that all of the quotes are good, but a few of them really stick out as good advice when raising a deaf daughter. I put a couple of them as quotes here. BTW The same author has books for moms and dads raising sons and daughters. They are really quite good. I purchased the "Mother to Daughter" for my wife as a little stocking stuffer for xmas.

"Never forget that supportive fathers raise daughters with high self esteem".

"Teach her to take pride in who she is"

"show her how to throw a right cross. That will stop any boy from picking on her."

"Never laugh at her dreams"

"Remember, she needs a strong self-image BEFORE she becomes an awkward teen. A father's love can make all the difference."

Others are just great quotes

"Teach her to trust her instincts, especially when a person or plac3 feels unsafe"

"Remind her that the most sacred thing between a father and daughter is trust"

Sounds like a good book. I can buy that for my friend and husband as gifts. My friend has 2 girls and she is struggling to raise them cuz her husband is not really involved in raising them. It is sad, isnt it?

Definately doesnt sound like a recipie for a successful child. That is sad.

If you are intersted in the book, you can find it at any Barnes and Nobloe book store. I always see it in the Starbucks area by the checkout. It is a small book. As I said, it only has quotes from other fathers concerning daughters.

yea...I mean she is very involved with them and all that. Just that when she disciplines them and they run to their daddy and he would say that she is wrong and overreacted and let them off the hook. Now, both girls dont respect my friend's rules. It is so hard for me to see her younger daughter constantly whining and clinging onto her just to get her way and then seeing my friend give in. Should I interfere or just stay out?

ooohhh, thats a toughie, from the perspective of a friend. I cannot answer your question. It depends how close you are wioth her. People get VERY nasty when you try to give them advice on raising their kids. It sounds like dad needs to grow up. It is vital in parenting to have a unified front. If the kids see any weakness between parents, they will exploit the hell out of it. If one parent caves in and lets the kids do what they want, they will destroy any possibility of successful parenting. Man, that a tougie from the perspective of a friend.

ooohhh, thats a toughie, from the perspective of a friend. I cannot answer your question. It depends how close you are wioth her. People get VERY nasty when you try to give them advice on raising their kids. It sounds like dad needs to grow up. It is vital in parenting to have a unified front. If the kids see any weakness between parents, they will exploit the hell out of it. If one parent caves in and lets the kids do what they want, they will destroy any possibility of successful parenting. Man, that a tougie from the perspective of a friend.

I think I better stay out. I can give her advice if she askes for it. I cant speak for the dad so I dont know why he does that.

Your lucky to have a daughter, my husband wished for a girl but ended up have two boys. :)

I love having a daughter. It took my wife and I 3 years to get pregnant so I was happy as hell regardless of if it was boy or girl. We want to have another kid, and once again, I dont care of the sex.

Back