"Rainbow" Sign

ChelEler

Reaction score
Why does "Rainbow" a sign for homosexual situation? I don't understand it, because I love rainbows. Downstairs, I already have a rainbow painted on the wall, for my boys to enjoy.

Now, I've seen around in public that when some wear rainbow colored clothes or on their properties, my friends or family members often tell me that they're "not normal" in their relationship. I was like, "Who cares? As long as they're happy with their lifestyle, leave them alone." So now when they see the rainbow at my house, they looked at me funny. Now what?!

I know what you mean. I've always wondered that too. I thought that the color of gay/lesbian pride was purple. I guess was wrong. I think it's because there are every color on there and each color represents each sexuality. Maybe, I'm wrong on that. I dunno... :dunno:

However, it does disappoint me a bit. I used to like some rainbow-type things because they looked kewl. I used to watch Mork & Mindy on television when I was young and thought that Mork's rainbow-colored suspenders were kewl. Now, when people see rainbow-colored things... they consider it a gay/lesbian thing. Soon, I won't be able to wear any color because each color is related to specific things that isn't who I am.

hey cheler don't percive anything wrong with loving rainbows, poeple just don't grasp the understanding of it by all means collect rainbows or enjoy ur rainbow stuff, if they start questioning it, tell them u just like the rainbow style and or itself, and i thought i would bring up the colors so U will also know it's meaning as well for the gays and lesbain soceity so u can be also of awareness as well and if they have any question for its meanings and why it came to be the 25th anniversary of the rainbow PRIDE flag which is what it's called, lemme share with u what that is

orginally there was 8 colors of the rainbow in the begining and thier now resurrecting it its supposed to take a yr for the mass productions to catch up the demands for thr orginal colors.

here are the 8 orginal colors

pink= sexually ( restored)
red= life
orange= healing
yellow= the sun
green= nature
blue=art
voilet= the spirit
turquiose= harmony ( restored)

these are the point and reasons behind the colors of the pride flag, and u can see there is nothing offensive about this flag either its all in genralization and nothing offensive about it.

the 6 colors that has been used for the last 25 yrs shows what it really means. AND to me thats also Diversable too.

really its ONLY symbol that seprates us from the straights are the pink triangle and the lambada triangle that singifies who we are and what we have shown ourselves to be.

thought this bit of history would help u out, and u can share with friends and family and show that this flag is also a diversable flag that everyone can enjoy and love the most!

Can you show me what that "Pink Triangle" and that "Lambada Triangle" are like?

Let me tell you first of all, I'm not against or for this kind of lifestyle. The reason I replied to these comments "Leave them alone," is because whenever I hear something about that kind of situation, I express my feeling to tell them that we should respect them, and not criticizing them.

I still love rainbows... I still have some clothes with rainbows on them, and I still wear them. I've noticed that some strangers look at me weird, (because my hubby and our boys were with me at these times). Maybe it's something else... (my funny voice or my silly actions to cheer my boys up).

Hope this clears up some misunderstanding.

*smh* My man dont believe that Rainbow sign symbol for lesbian/gay..
HAHA.. :rofl:
I noticed he flirted more than few women in the car when he was driving by.. I saw some signs or stickers on their cars.. I didnt say anything since he dont believe it.. most of them flipped finger at my man or gave a dirty looks.. he just said.. whoa.. they must having pms.. I said.. probably!..

(snickers)

OK chel i have one of the pic that u requested for, this is just in design but here's an idea that im sure ur wondering...

Attachments

• deafpryde.jpg
    deafpryde.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 66
Originally posted by MsGiglz
*smh* My man dont believe that Rainbow sign symbol for lesbian/gay..
HAHA.. :rofl:
I noticed he flirted more than few women in the car when he was driving by.. I saw some signs or stickers on their cars.. I didnt say anything since he dont believe it.. most of them flipped finger at my man or gave a dirty looks.. he just said.. whoa.. they must having pms.. I said.. probably!..

(snickers)

:rofl: You're crackin' me up! You're so hilarious as usual! :rofl:

PFFHT its on my arm u brat mama LOL!

IM currently at work on the other pic im trying to fix stupid thing won t change to a JPG on me GRRR

THIS is what im talking abt chel this is a necklace of the lamada :)

Attachments

• lambada03.gif
    lambada03.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 67
Interesting. If you wear that or show these two triangles, do people look at you funny? Just like when I wear rainbow on me, they look at me funny. I don't want to be offensive, but I'm curious about the deeper lifestyle than just the surface of it. Ya know? If it's offensive, I'm sorry...and please don't answer if hurtful.

Originally posted by ChelEler
Interesting. If you wear that or show these two triangles, do people look at you funny? Just like when I wear rainbow on me, they look at me funny. I don't want to be offensive, but I'm curious about the deeper lifestyle than just the surface of it. Ya know? If it's offensive, I'm sorry...and please don't answer if hurtful.
I know what you mean. That's why I don't touch rainbow-type stuff any more. I originally thought that purple was the color of homosexuality. I remember years ago when there was an outrage on the new character of the Teletubbies television show. The new teletubby was purple, had a triangle on his head and carried a purse. The original concept of the show was that all the characters were male. That's what got some people pissed off. Jerry Faldwell later approved of that addition even though he's against gays/lesbians.

Originally posted by ChelEler

let me be the first to tell u this, the only ones that makes poeple uncomfortable is the BDSM symbol hence its not well talked abt, considering the aspect of the kinky sex, whilist, the other colors are usually well known, I should say if they look at u funny abt the necklace or any other way, just tell them this ur diversable and supportive of ur fellow gays and lesbains, and if they don t like it then don t look at the necklace as a object just look at u for u, some poeple get judgemental for no reason, its just a article of clothing not a offensable thing!

I should point out, u know some of the gang colors are also being represented and also judgemental too, if someone was wearing a red shirt long with a bandadana they will think u are in the gang when ur just wearing it for style, like my dad had on a blue shorts and a blue bandana to cover his partically bald head to prevent sunburn on his head, they looked at him funny and u know what dad did?? he ingored them and let them think someone asked me if he was in a gang and if so he looked too old to be in one anyway and i said no, hes not in any of the gangs nor is he in a orginazations and stop judging poeple by the look of thier clothes just see them for a person they are not the object of clothing!

So chel, just ingore those people, same way if u talk funny ingore them cuz they don't understand or relize they are insulting themselves with the ill manner expressions as u can see MOST don't have manners anyway. Don t worry abt them i don't judge them by what they wear, i only see them as a person til they give me the attidute.

How would you know when to approach them? I don't have the nerve or the guts (whatever you call it) to walk up to them and start the conversation and see where that leads to.

FYI: I don't judge people on the what/way they wear. Also, I want to clarify to you that I do not have these kind of symbols or anything like that, just these rainbow style clothes. I have had them for years and years, way before I knew what they meant. Now, I know what they are, and I still wear them, not meaning that I'm part of the society. Hope I'm making myself clear.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

if ur in a place like a store that happens to have a gay guy or gal in there, and u want to strike up a converstation with them, u just simple talk to them like u would a straight person, and in the end u might get a hug shows that ur embracing the diversity. thats our way of greeting or non greeting. I met a couple from Ca, here last week and we just struck up a converstation plus the lover was lost so we helped out on directions and it was a nice converstation and in the end we hugged, to embrace our society. HOWEVER there may be some that can be stingy just watch the body langauge, to see if thier accepting. some of the gays and lesbain might get rude on u. I should suggest that u go to a bar ( im sure u don t drink) maybe lasza can show u what it's all abt so u can get an idea, at a bar in Colorado. HOW a straight approaches me sometimes would fall on saying excuse me, im lost or excuse me can u reach this for me? which they do thier really friendly here with me. they did with me in ca, all over usa, We ll have to meet up somehow and i ll be MORE than glad to give u tour of the l ifestyle we live in :) but just the norms of saying HI or how u doing if ur stuck in line with the gays or lesbains. and if they asks u if ur *family* meaning a lesbain u can say no, ur not. and if they ask abt ur clothes, just say u LOVE rainbow and u collect those. no harm done :)

Ha ha ha... I appreciate what you have shared with me, but that's not what I meant. I meant for how to approach these people who looked at me funny when I wear these clothes and struck up a conversation with them. Not with these homo- people. LOL I have no problem talking with lesbos/homo, because I have a few friends who live in this lifestyle. :D (My hubby is very strict straight and I'm flexible, just depending on what kind of homo relationship it is.)

Back