racist behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding your earlier post about hate-crime statistics, is the FBI madly revising its opinion of Arizona? ;)

No doubt. Those stats are always a few years behind.

Regarding your earlier post about hate-crime statistics, is the FBI madly revising its opinion of Arizona? ;)
Only if incidences of hate crimes have increased. :)

But they can access any of the abortion threads,which would serve the same purpose.
Fine. Anyone is welcome to do that, including you, if you want to cite one of my posts.

And your reliously overtoned opinions are available all through threads of any topics. Scriptures are no more than anecdotal evidence. Certainly nothing empirical there.
You misunderstand. I didn't offer the Scripture examples for "empirical evidence" but for showing my sources so that readers would know from where I get my information. I have nothing to hide, and I welcome anyone looking up the verses for themselves to verify that I don't make up my sources. They can draw their own conclusions from their own interpretations.

In fact, unless one states "empirical evidence shows" it should be known that it is opinion.
I never stated "empirical evidence shows", did I?

It's a fact when I state that John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" in the King James Bible.

It's opinion when I give my interpretation or belief about that verse.

I hope that you aren't bringing up religious posts in an attempt to get this thread locked.

I'll tell you what she wants, Reba; she wants/needs/must have the final say in anything. Control freak. No respect shown to those who have a different view.

I'll tell you what she wants, Reba; she wants/needs/must have the final say in anything. Control freak.
I'm movin' on to other threads so as not to get this one locked. :)

I'll tell you what she wants, Reba; she wants/needs/must have the final say in anything. Control freak.

Tell you what, Tousi, we will give you the last word.

I'll tell you what she wants, Reba; she wants/needs/must have the final say in anything. Control freak. No respect shown to those who have a different view.

Amen!

Ok, now you can have the last word.

Word.

No, seriously, i just gave Tousi my last word for him to use.

Word.

Fine. Anyone is welcome to do that, including you, if you want to cite one of my posts.

You misunderstand. I didn't offer the Scripture examples for "empirical evidence" but for showing my sources so that readers would know from where I get my information. I have nothing to hide, and I welcome anyone looking up the verses for themselves to verify that I don't make up my sources. They can draw their own conclusions from their own interpretations.

I never stated "empirical evidence shows", did I?

It's a fact when I state that John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" in the King James Bible.

It's opinion when I give my interpretation or belief about that verse.

I hope that you aren't bringing up religious posts in an attempt to get this thread locked.

Nope. Bringing up religious posts as a valid example of you expressing opinion. Same as with the example of the abortion posts.

So, you agree that those two examples are perfect illustrations of where you have expressed your opinion. Citing Scripture is an example of where you have expressed someone else's opinion.

... Citing Scripture is an example of where you have expressed someone else's opinion.
No, not "someone else's" opinion.

The only exceptions would be where I specifically said, "So-and-so teaches thus-and-such" about a passage, and usually those were in cases where the other person's interpretations differed from mine.

Tousi, sorry for butting in.

No, not "someone else's" opinion.

The only exceptions would be where I specifically said, "So-and-so teaches thus-and-such" about a passage, and usually those were in cases where the other person's interpretations differed from mine.

Tousi, sorry for butting in.

Sorry, but there is no empirical evidence supporting Scripture. It is the word of man interpreting events based on the abilities of the time. Opinion.

Sorry, but there is no empirical evidence supporting Scripture. It is the word of man interpreting events based on the abilities of the time. Opinion.
I don't know what's happened to your supposed superior reading comprehension skills but I've explained as much as I can to you. (re: #83 "I never stated 'empirical evidence shows', did I?")

There is none so blind as those who will not see.

I don't know what's happened to your supposed superior reading comprehension skills but I've explained as much as I can to you. (re: #83 "I never stated 'empirical evidence shows', did I?")

There is none so blind as those who will not see.

And yet you claim it is not someone else's opinion. Can't have it both ways.

And yet you claim it is not someone else's opinion. Can't have it both ways.
Yet you accuse me of using Scripture for empirical evidence when I clearly stated that I don't. Apparently it's OK for you to have it both ways.

I'll try one more time.

When I state that these words, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" is the verse John 3:16 in the KJV of the Bible, that's a fact.

When I give my interpretation of those words, that is MY belief.

If I were to say, "So-and-so teaches that John 3:16 means thus-and-such", that would be So-and-so's opinion. That is, the opinion of someone else.

Yet you accuse me of using Scripture for empirical evidence when I clearly stated that I don't. Apparently it's OK for you to have it both ways.

I'll try one more time.

When I state that these words, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" is the verse John 3:16 in the KJV of the Bible, that's a fact.

When I give my interpretation of those words, that is MY belief.

If I were to say, "So-and-so teaches that John 3:16 means thus-and-such", that would be So-and-so's opinion. That is, the opinion of someone else.

And I sated that because Scripture does not have empirical evidence to support it, it is someone else's opinion. Therefore, when you quote it, you are simply using someone else's opinion to support your opinion. Still all opinion. Having trouble following?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back