quick question

Rachel05

Reaction score
Hey, I am an ASL two student at a high school in indiana. For a project we must get some feedback from those in the deaf community. My question is do you find it hard to find a job when you are deaf/hard of hearing, if so is it because people discriminate, or because of another reason? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It varies...one place might consider it a 'safety' issue, another might see a communication barrier going up, others might see it simply they think the Deaf/Hoh can't do the job as well...and sadly enough, there are those that obviously discriminate against the Deaf/Hoh out of personal reasons, hatred, etc.

Other members here I'm sure will give you more good answers to your question--. Also, welcome to Alldeaf Rachel! ;)

Well... It depends on the deaf person's previous education background, and preferred language (ASL / SEE). I use SEE because I am more exposed to hearing world and I know that many businesses don't care about ADA and all of people with disabilities have the right to ADVOCATE for themselves.

Back