Quick Progress--NOT mine either

Adamsmomma

Reaction score
So Adam's really starting to pick up his ASL-- this week (since last Friday) I've seen several new ones w/him... he watched one "Signing Times" Segment and walked away w/a new sign just from that!!

He's picked up...
Hat
Shoes
Play
Train
(choo-choo-- that one comes w/sound effects)
Help
and from the DVD-- scared-- only he SCREAMS at the top of his lungs while doing it... thought he was upset over something b/c he was all red and screaming-- until he stopped and laughed himself silly. He couldn't get a 'quiet' sign huh??

All and all I'm extremely impressed w/how quick he's catching on-- his new teacher knows some ASL and is learning more, and USING what she knows w/him-- the director and office manager of the new school are both taking the same ASL class I'm taking starting in October...

Now that he'll sit and actually watch the "Signing Time" Dvd's I think he'll pick up even quicker-- he's never shown an interest before now. So I've really got to get to retaining what I'm learning so I can keep up w/him!!! :shock:

That's great. I tried watching the Signing Times DVDs, but the songs were driving me insane. That's even without the sound since I can't hear. I gave them up.

That's great. I tried watching the Signing Times DVDs, but the songs were driving me insane. That's even without the sound since I can't hear. I gave them up.

Luckily that's how I get him to watch! He's got some "your baby can sign" or something like that and he's NOT interested in them at all... they're not as animated and dont have the songs-- he was really diggin' the singing- if it works right??

Luckily that's how I get him to watch! He's got some "your baby can sign" or something like that and he's NOT interested in them at all... they're not as animated and dont have the songs-- he was really diggin' the singing- if it works right??

Oh yeah!! Got to keep him engaged and he will learn. My kids were that way with this old show on Nickelodeon called "Gullah Gullah Island". I still catch my daughter in her sleep singing some of the songs. Especially about Binyah Binyah Pollywog.

Oh yeah!! Got to keep him engaged and he will learn. My kids were that way with this old show on Nickelodeon called "Gullah Gullah Island". I still catch my daughter in her sleep singing some of the songs. Especially about Binyah Binyah Pollywog.

How cute!! Well I think the music os key to keeping him interested... sure is helping me learn lol... his DE said he signed jump, run and come here at school w/her today!!

That's awesome! We use the Signing Time DVDs with our students and the kids love them...

Thanks guys!! I am super proud of him... his ED gave me a list of signs he was doing w/help in their session the other day...jump, run, come on and one more but I'm too tired to think lol... he asked for his Signing Time video tonight so that was awesome, I just need to get more segments...

Thank you all for the encouragement!!

Awww, I can almost imagine dimpled kid fingers doing those signs. How awesome!

Awww, I can almost imagine dimpled kid fingers doing those signs. How awesome!

It's really sweet to watch him-- he's got some muscle tone issues w/his right hand so when he does try 2 handed signs it is so very sweet... seeing him trying so hard...

Stinker has got a new sign to add to his collection--

We had an evening out the other night- his fall photo shoot and then dinner and shopping for a little bit w/my best friend-- so it was a little late when we were heading home...

I heard him say 'something' I wasn't sure what so i looked in the mirror to see him and he was vigorously signing HELP HELP HELP... I got tickled and said "Help?? What's wrong??" he yawned really big and signed it again-- he wanted me to 'help' him by getting him out of the carseat and in the house-- he had taken his shoes and socks off earlier in the ride and was getting himself ready for bed in the truck!!! His ED is really excited he was using the new sign so she can start adding in a new one-- she does about 5 at a time with him right now--

AND his class will be learning the signs he learns-- its in the school newsletter that the 2 yr old class will now start incorporating ASL in their routine... the kids are already learning Spanish words so now they'll be getting ASL as well because of Adam being in there :) :)

Stinker has got a new sign to add to his collection--

We had an evening out the other night- his fall photo shoot and then dinner and shopping for a little bit w/my best friend-- so it was a little late when we were heading home...

I heard him say 'something' I wasn't sure what so i looked in the mirror to see him and he was vigorously signing HELP HELP HELP... I got tickled and said "Help?? What's wrong??" he yawned really big and signed it again-- he wanted me to 'help' him by getting him out of the carseat and in the house-- he had taken his shoes and socks off earlier in the ride and was getting himself ready for bed in the truck!!! His ED is really excited he was using the new sign so she can start adding in a new one-- she does about 5 at a time with him right now--

AND his class will be learning the signs he learns-- its in the school newsletter that the 2 yr old class will now start incorporating ASL in their routine... the kids are already learning Spanish words so now they'll be getting ASL as well because of Adam being in there :) :)

Not only using a new sign, but applying it in a creative and appropriate way! He is really doing great!

Not only using a new sign, but applying it in a creative and appropriate way! He is really doing great!

And this weekend it was his sign of choice LOL every time he turned around he signed HELP... sometimes appropriately even!! :) :) I'm excited to see what his functional MRI and hearing test show this week!! But he's doing great catching on w/his signing... I start classes tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to catch up to him LOL

Back