Question?

EmmaLouz

Reaction score
Please let me know if I posted this in the wrong place, wasn’t sure where to post it

beside wearing your hearing aids to bed what do you use to alert you if you can’t hear your security alarm going off in event of a break in?

Please let me know if I posted this in the wrong place, wasn’t sure where to post it

beside wearing your hearing aids to bed what do you use to alert you if you can’t hear your security alarm going off in event of a break in?
Im not sure,I have never thought about it.Im in the same boat as you,Im sure there are devices out there that a Deaf person can get. Thats not a bad idea!

you might want to look into Nest Secure, it's more of DIY installations. Since Nest join Google and they have wide array of Assistive systems. So, if you are using Nest Secure, the Google Assistive support Phillips Hue. If alarm goes off, the Phillips Hue will flashed. What I have is Nest Smoke and CO alarm. This hooked up with Phillips Hue. If there's a fire, the lights will flashed red. IF it just mild smoke, lights will flashed yellow. Once nice thing is that when fire alarm goes off, lights flashed for like about 20 seconds then it stay on... reason for that it allow people to see where they are going, finding the exit door etc... Also Nest smoke alarm talk LOUD, like a robotic voice saying EEEEEEEEEE.....SMOKE SECOND FLOOR.... EEEEEEEEEEEE.....SMOKE Second floor and it repeat. Of course at the same time the light flashed red. You can install many Phillips Hue all over the house. Like this one sitting right above me while I'm on my computer here:

Pretty neat though....

I apologize if you have been asked this before, have you considered a Hearing Dog to assist you? They go through so much training and are completely loyal to you. Im applying for one for my daughter when she turns 18. a lot you have to be 18. Shes 12 & have had some really scary events occur with smoke detectors & alarms, she was oblivious to the smoke around her and what was going on. Scared me so bad. But I know some people have allergies?

I apologize if you have been asked this before, have you considered a Hearing Dog to assist you? They go through so much training and are completely loyal to you. I'm applying for one for my daughter when she turns 18. a lot you have to be 18. Shes 12 & have had some really scary events occur with smoke detectors & alarms, she was oblivious to the smoke around her and what was going on. Scared me so bad. But I know some people have allergies?

And the last thing some people want around is a dog and not because of allergies but an aversion to dogs. They are a good idea for people that like dogs but not all of us do.

Back