Question for girls.. would you ever date an ARAB guy?

Mintee

Reaction score
before you jump to conclusions, i am not a racist.. my friend was telling me about her ex who is an arab and was born in the U.A.E.. this is what she said "do not ever date an arab.. they may be hot but they're all assholes and have no respect for women"

of course i don't think all arab guys are bad.. i'm sure the reason my friend feels bitter towards arab men now because her ex cheated on her and treated her like crap. i remember once at my old job there was a nice looking arab guy who i dated briefly. when my family found out about us they shit bricks.. :roll:

so girls have you ever been with an arab.. if so what was the relationship like?

if not would you ever date one?

he cheat to you because your mother know! reason insult to something rude on everything situation!

Isn't "Arab" kind of politically incorrect and/ or maybe offensive?

Either way, I'm not into stereotyping so I wouldn't shut someone out strictly because of their ethnicity, religion, whatever. I think that there are good and bad across the board.

before you jump to conclusions, i am not a racist.. my friend was telling me about her ex who is an arab and was born in the U.A.E.. this is what she said "do not ever date an arab.. they may be hot but they're all assholes and have no respect for women"

of course i don't think all arab guys are bad.. i'm sure the reason my friend feels bitter towards arab men now because her ex cheated on her and treated her like crap. i remember once at my old job there was a nice looking arab guy who i dated briefly. when my family found out about us they shit bricks.. :roll:

so girls have you ever been with an arab.. if so what was the relationship like?

if not would you ever date one?

Well, it's a negative stereotype, that's for certain. Although you need to remember that cultures are different all over the world. In some cultures, men have more chauvinistic tendencies than the others. People often say the same thing about certain ethnical groups like the Italians, Muslims, etc. I've heard it all, but I don't often put much stock in any of these stereotypes.

Some people are assholes, some aren't.

Here's some important considerations, IMHO, to seriously dating anyone who has non-American citizenship -- if you ended up getting married:

Would your husband want to move back to his country
or
travel to his country with you and any children you might have?

What would your legal rights be in either of the above situations?
In some countries women and/or married women have less rights than men.

People, when they are angry with each other, can do things you would never expect them to do.

Here's some important considerations, IMHO, to seriously dating anyone who has non-American citizenship -- if you ended up getting married:

Would your husband want to move back to his country
or
travel to his country with you and any children you might have?

What would your legal rights be in either of the above situations?
In some countries women and/or married women have less rights than men.

People, when they are angry with each other, can do things you would never expect them to do.

That is good and I would like to add one more thing.... find out what will happened to your savings (etc) if you transfer it to another country.

I read that the wife's money transferred to France is considering belong to the husband. I would love to have this verify by an AD who lives in France.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Try dating one that's born in the USA. Maybe you can experiment to see the results. The ones from arabs are taught to treat women differently because women in arab land have very little rights.

I have dated Arabic guys and I have lived in Arabic/Muslim countries. Like Banjo said, some guys are nice, some guys are assholes. Some as in any other country.

Since I'm married, I'm out of the dating market. :)

However, my dating criteria would be, the man must be a born-again Christian, first and foremost. If the Arab man was a Christian, then that's fine. Spiritual compatibility is more important than ethnicity.

Since I'm married, I'm out of the dating market. :)

However, my dating criteria would be, the man must be a born-again Christian, first and foremost. If the Arab man was a Christian, then that's fine. Spiritual compatibility is more important than ethnicity.

Spiritual compatibility/ being a Christian is the most important thing to me also. Im not sure race is even on the list.

I have to agree - this sounds as if it's leaning towards racist. Any guy (or girl for that matter) can be an ass or bitch, regardless of nationality.

when I was in college I met people from all over the world and did go out with a couple of men who weren't from U.S. One of the men was Muslim. I have no need for someone to be the same as me. I came out as bisexual in college and would have dated women also except I met my future husband first:giggle:

Anyone can act in negative and hurtful ways. My suggestion is to take individual people for what they are, see if that person is compatible with you in enough ways that any compromises in the relationship can be discussed/resolved/agreed on.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Try dating one that's born in the USA. Maybe you can experiment to see the results. The ones from arabs are taught to treat women differently because women in arab land have very little rights.

i agree with you, i would definitely not mind dating one if he was born in the US and "americanized". the ones from arabic countries have different cultural beliefs and treat women differently. in some parts of middle east countries (like saudi arabia) women get punished if they show their arms and aren't allowed to drive cars

he cheat to you because your mother know! reason insult to something rude on everything situation!

the arab guy i dated before was actually a nice guy and he didn't cheat on me. our relationship just didn't work out because he had to move to another state and we agreed to be just friends.

my parents don't trust arabs because they think all arab men don't know how to treat women. :dunno2:
not all of them are that way

i agree with you, i would definitely not mind dating one if he was born in the US and "americanized". the ones from arabic countries have different cultural beliefs and treat women differently. in some parts of middle east countries (like saudi arabia) women get punished if they show their arms and aren't allowed to drive cars

That's fundamental Islamism, not to be confused with arabic men in general.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

An American doctor was on trial here for assaulting his third wife. He beat wife #2 with a bedpost while she was pregnant. He got off again. Just saying.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

An American doctor was on trial here for assaulting his third wife. He beat wife #2 with a bedpost while she was pregnant. He got off again. Just saying.

Oh God, that's horrible.

Back