Question about vertigo and ci

Some guy

Reaction score
I am going tomorrow for an evaluation for a CI. I am profoundly deaf. One side is completely deaf. And that is the side they will do the CI.

On the side where I have a little hearing, I have vertigo. I overcome it with exercise (I exercise every day to control it).

My fear is with the CI, and if I will have vertigo in that other side...That would be a disaster for me.

I did a search on this site for "Vertigo" and did find some older postings...Does anyone have any current information or experience on dealing with such an issue?.,.(Perhaps there are some recent developments, I do not know).

I appreciate any information or experiences.

I had, and still have, positional vertigo (BPPV). I got my CI in Jan, 2017, and did not have any CI related vertigo. I have heard of others who have had it, but it usually went away after a few days/weeks.
My surgeon gave me a prescript/referral to get the one-time therapy that will take care of the positional vertigo. I will probably get that done later this year...too many things going on right now.

I had, and still have, positional vertigo (BPPV). I got my CI in Jan, 2017, and did not have any CI related vertigo. I have heard of others who have had it, but it usually went away after a few days/weeks.
My surgeon gave me a prescript/referral to get the one-time therapy that will take care of the positional vertigo. I will probably get that done later this year...too many things going on right now.

Thanks for reply...I did go for the test...They hooked me up on my left side with a good Phonak hearing aid (it had to be super-sonic) and turned up the volume all the way...I actually heard sound for the first time in 40 years (though word recognition was in single digits).. So, they feel the CI will help. I will go back to doctor this week for final decision (after he reviews everything)...I think I will take the risk with the vertigo...hearing sound was great.

Back