question about hearing test

Adam

Reaction score
good morning everybody,

I had a hearing test yesterday because i felt that my hearing had dropped a bit. it did. It was between 90 and 95 across the board. The thing that was weird was that i scored 64% on word recognition in quiet.

I'm wondering if anybody else scored so high on the speech recognition with a loss around 90%

Adam

yes, it's possible if the volume is set right for your type of hearing loss.Which is why many deaf can use hearing aids.

It was set at 100 Db from what i can remember. I'm going for a CI eval on Jan 14th. I was surprised that he even brought it up because the recognition was so high. I am doing the steroid thing this week to see if my hearing improves any. go back next week for another hearing test.

what are the tests that they do during the CI evaluation? dooes every doctor do the same tests?

being able to understand speech at that db loss is a good thing. It makes it easier for you to adapt to CI.

As you can see by my signature, I scored high on discrimination at 100 db. I am happy with my Naidas, but if my discrimination deteriorates, I probably will consider a CI, unless HAs continue to improve.

Back