Purple Netbook unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need this netbook since I'm happy with my MacBook Pro.

I do have issues with P3, there is no preference to change video setting so I can change the setting to webcam but it shows nothing on webcam.

I recently talk to Purple (HOVRS) about that 'unleashed' P3.. She told me that yes this Netbook is actually from DELL. HOVRS make agreement with DELL for HOVRS P3.... Anyway... She said that you, deafies not need to call HOVRS for discount code. She said that HOVRS will call us and we will know who being selected for discount. Not all but several. Oh well.....

Hey Purple Guys... I read the FAQ and found out that Purple Netbook is offered for free the same way MVP is offered for free.

The reason for the price is that if a customer want 2nd one, then they can purchase 2nd one.

READ THE FAQ!
https://support.purple.us:9261/sd/showTopicDetails.sd?id=602

From: https://support.purple.us:9261/sd/AddSolution.sd?solID=2706
Title : P3 Purple Netbook
Topic : How much does Purple Netbook cost?
Created on : May 01 2009
The cost of the Purple Netbook will depend upon what programs you are eligible for. Many eligible people will be able to get them for free. Check out the Purple Communications Store (www.store.purple.us) for updated prices.

From: https://support.purple.us:9261/sd/AddSolution.sd?solID=2708
Topic : Can I get more than one Purple Netbook?
While we can only provide up to one free Purple Netbook per Hands On user, you will be able to purchase additional Purple Netbooks from the Purple Communications Store (www.store.purple.us)

https://support.purple.us:9261/sd/AddSolution.sd?solID=2710
Topic : Can deaf or hard of hearing people get a Free Purple Netbook?
Yes. Hands On users may qualify to receive a free Purple Netbook through the “Purple Connections” program. This process is the same as the “Purple Connections” program for MVP. Make sure you log in at hovrs.com and select “Purple Netbook” to be put into the Purple Netbook line. The Purple Netbook will also be available for purchase from the Purple Communications Store (www.store.purple.us).

And by the way... it is not out for public yet... it is currently in "test market" mode.
https://support.purple.us:9261/sd/AddSolution.sd?solID=2704
Topic : How do I get my Purple Netbook?
Once our market test is complete we will make the Purple Netbook with P3 generally available. When this happens you will be able to purchase the Purple Netbook online in the Purple Communications store. Hands On users may also qualify to receive a free Purple Netbook through the “Purple Connections” program. This process is the same as the Purple Connections process for MVP. Make sure you log in at hovrs.com and select Purple Netbook to be put into the Purple Netbook line.

Yeah.. I got 5 issues with P3...

1. Sometimes it gave me BSOD.
2. No resize window or drag the P3 window around the screen (you have to right click on the P3 program on the taskbar and click Move.)
3. Address Book and Call History are not always work.
4. NO Full Screen Option like Viable Vision.
5. P3 kept starting up even tho I unchecked the option for boot up. (you got to manutally delete P3 from Start Up folder.)

I hope that helps. :wave:

I got my admin s feedback info on P3

It works for Windows XP and Vista. Except Windows 7 yet.

2. No resize window or drag the P3 window around the screen (you have to right click on the P3 program on the taskbar and click Move.)
These software is designed for Dell Mini 9. Will have full screen, move, etc for the next version.

3. Address Book and Call History are not always work.
Working fine.

4. No Full Screen Option like Viable Vision.
See answer #2

5.P3 kept starting up even tho I unchecked the option for boot up. (you got to manutally delete P3 from Start Up folder
Will add "settings" or "preferences" for future version.

https://support.purple.us:9261/sd/showTopicDetails.sd?id=602

From: https://support.purple.us:9261/sd/AddSolution.sd?solID=2706
Topic : How much does Purple Netbook cost?
The cost of the Purple Netbook will depend upon what programs you are eligible for. Many eligible people will be able to get them for free. Check out the Purple Communications Store (www.store.purple.us) for updated prices.

thanks Boult for url

u can download P3 and not buy netbook

https://support.purple.us:9261/sd/AddSolution.sd?solID=3003

Yea but it's require for me to have a cd-rom because my daughter can watch dvd/cd for education program on netbook. So that's mean i can buy cd/dvd rom from store and i can add it to Netbook, right?
Yes but didnt you know that you can install the bs from the CD via the network if the netbook is connected with the main PC? OR you can just transfer the files from the CD into a flashdrive (depends on how much memory it is) or external HDD, and you run the set up from the netbook, it should be fine.

I do have issues with P3, there is no preference to change video setting so I can change the setting to webcam but it shows nothing on webcam.
Are you referring to an internal webcam?

Yes but didnt you know that you can install the bs from the CD via the network if the netbook is connected with the main PC? OR you can just transfer the files from the CD into a flashdrive (depends on how much memory it is) or external HDD, and you run the set up from the netbook, it should be fine.

How much GB for feeding one 2-hour movie film into flashdrive or HDD?

if you want to watch a 2 hour long movie on the mini-laptop/netbook, that depends on how many GB that can be downloaded OR ripped from the DVD into the external HDD if you rip a movie from the DVD on a main PC to save it to the external HDD, if a normal run = overnight rip. But I think foxrac or someone knows about this better than I do.

I have Logitech Pro 4000
Ok, if you're planning to use the P3 into your laptop and the laptop have a internal webcam, along with your external webcam, (logitech) the P3 automatically detects the internal webcam - as you may know there is no settings to change that. You can.

All you need to disable the internal webcam from the device manager, and then the P3 is restarted and will automatically detect the external one. :)

Ok, if you're planning to use the P3 into your laptop and the laptop have a internal webcam, along with your external webcam, (logitech) the P3 automatically detects the internal webcam - as you may know there is no settings to change that. You can.

All you need to disable the internal webcam from the device manager, and then the P3 is restarted and will automatically detect the external one. :)

But, I don't have a laptop. There should have preference box to make your choosing whether if you need to change your video or not allowing P3 to run at startup. I see none of those in there. I already made feedback about it and they emailed back and acknowledged about the problem.

But, I don't have a laptop. There should have preference box to make your choosing whether if you need to change your video or not allowing P3 to run at startup. I see none of those in there. I already made feedback about it and they emailed back and acknowledged about the problem.

For now disable "Automatically log in when P3 starts up" on P3, reboot, if it continue to start up on it own then go to command line (cmd)by going to "start", "run" then type 'msconfig". Go to the "startup" tab look for P3 and uncheck it, apply it. Reboot PC.

Ok, first, you will need to set up sharing permission on your PC And Netbook or other PC, whatever you want to hook up with. Once this part is done, you should be able to see each other two or more PC in network neighborhood.

Then to borrow DVD drive from other PC onto your netbook, simple on your netbook, go to network neighborhood, drop down and find the drive at that PC you want to borrow, point over and click right button, it will drop and IF it is properly set up, you will see MAP, click that and choose which available drive letter,. for example K, you select K as dvd drive letter,

then you insert the DVD on that drive at the PC, then on Netbook, open explorer and select K viola! you got it connected as IF the netbook actually has DVD drive.

:shock: How do you do that? Does that mean I can reinstall Windows that way?

Ok, first, you will need to set up sharing permission on your PC And Netbook or other PC, whatever you want to hook up with. Once this part is done, you should be able to see each other two or more PC in network neighborhood.

Then to borrow DVD drive from other PC onto your netbook, simple on your netbook, go to network neighborhood, drop down and find the drive at that PC you want to borrow, point over and click right button, it will drop and IF it is properly set up, you will see MAP, click that and choose which available drive letter,. for example K, you select K as dvd drive letter,

then you insert the DVD on that drive at the PC, then on Netbook, open explorer and select K viola! you got it connected as IF the netbook actually has DVD drive.
:ty::thumb: I will do it when I get a netbook.

:shock: How do you do that? Does that mean I can reinstall Windows that way?

Very easy! Just set your computer's dvd/cd-rom to shared for network then netbook can connection to your computer thru network.

I do that like 15 years ago for Novell and Windows. It's old news.

Looks handy, I'll see if mine works with my new PC, where I could just watch DVDs to my mini-laptop, si?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back