Purple Netbook unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geesh you still don't understand....*sigh*

What's different between SSD and SDD?

There is no SSD hard drive.

Only solid-state drives (SSD) OR hard disk drive (HDD). You can't said SSD and HDD in one word like that.

Dude! SSD use SATA interface! Here a picture.

sandisk32gbssd.jpg

Ouch! You are right. SSD is prefect Not SDD. Thank, Highlander.

I travel every week for my work and I have a HTPC at home that I would like to take my recorded tv shows with me. I do that with my laptop but I don't want to carry a Laptop and a Netbook.

If I can do it all on a Netbook then I will leave my laptop at home.

That's what I will do, Netbook for travel and leave laptop at home, what could go wrong?

interoperability? me mean call ANY vrs from p3 and mvp :hmm: mvp cut off Soresnon vrs call, right? :hmm:

As far as I have tested on MVP, all VRS works fine expect sorenson since sorenson might have blocked from using their service on MVP or any other products. But I have tried call Sorenson vrs on my MVP, works great. I don't know what you are yanking about.

Here's what work on MVP so far:
Viable- viablevrs.tv
SnapVRS- call.snapvrs.tv
CSDVRS- csdvrs.tv
i711- i711.tv
Purple- hovrs.tv / spanish.hovrs.tv
SprintVRS- sprintvrs.tv
GraciaVRS- connect.graciavrs.tv
HolaVRS- holavrs.tv
SorensonVRS- svrs.tv

There are more VRS provider out there, go ahead can test them.

However this will not work on P3 since it's still in testing, only local number, IP address and toll free 866 will work on P3.

As far as I have tested on MVP, all VRS works fine expect sorenson since sorenson might have blocked from using their service on MVP or any other products. But I have tried call Sorenson vrs on my MVP, works great. I don't know what you are yanking about.

Viable- viablevrs.tv
SnapVRS- call.snapvrs.tv
CSDVRS- csdvrs.tv
i711- i711.tv
SprintVRS- sprintvrs.tv
HolaVRS- holavrs.tv
SorensonVRS- svrs.tv

However this will not work on P3 since it's still in testing, only local number, IP address and toll free 866 will work on P3.
it should be call.svrs.tv

Mods, if this continue to go off-topic any further by qwerty123 or by any other members of AD, my actions force this to close this thread.

First of all, let me point it out we will not censor anything in the AD forum for anyone. If you read Jolie77's post in another thread she pointed out that everyone is entitled to their opinions, critics. There will always be critics such as movies, books, etc. We can not censor anything for anyone.

If anyone does not have anything to say about it, just ignore it and go to another thread. This is a public forum where everyone shares their critic, opinions and experiences.

Thank you.

That's what I will do, Netbook for travel and leave laptop at home, what could go wrong?

For my work database I would need about around 160 Gigs of drive spaces.

And each of my recorded shows are about 4Gigs and with about 10-15 recorded shows so would need about 40Gig to 60Gig of drive spaces.

Dell Mini 9 has 8 SSD hard drive or 16 SDD hard drive only. Not SATA Hard Drive. Faster performance than SATA.

SSD can be faster than Hard drive

But SSD wears down each write and erase so if you do lots of files deleting or overwriting or logging then you will wear down SSD faster ...

Solid-state drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Limited write (erase) cycles: Flash-memory cells will often wear out after 1,000 to 10,000 write cycles for MLC, and up to 100,000 write cycles for SLC[20], while high endurance cells may have an endurance of 1–5 million write cycles (many log files, file allocation tables, and other commonly used parts of the file system exceed this over the lifetime of a computer).

Viable- viablevrs.tv
SnapVRS- call.snapvrs.tv
CSDVRS- csdvrs.tv
i711- i711.tv
SprintVRS- sprintvrs.tv
HolaVRS- holavrs.tv
SorensonVRS- svrs.tv

good still on topic

anyone else has mvp and call svrs no problem?

that's why i want to know the specs first... they didn't put up on their site, nothing about processor, ram, hard drive, etc.

it would be ripped off if they start with the basic netbook like 250 dollars then overpriced 150 dollars more, just make me mad!!!! :aw:

Mini 9
GHz is 1.6
RAM is 1 GB
Hard Drive 16 GB SSD

Mini 10
GHz 1.6
RAM is 1 gb
Hard Drive is 160 GB HDD

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Either I can call any and receive calls from any VRS provider on P3, or I can't. If I can get my IP address to my VRS provider of choice, and the protocol is compatible (H.323) then everything should be fine.

Now, if the P3 is using another protocol, then it's not interoperable, therefore none of those VRS minutes are reimbursable.

Is the $399 price for those people who are TESTING the service? I'm staying away from paying for a company to use me as a guinea pig, without some serious concessions.

One concern.. the P3's window res size is little bigger than Mini 9 screen? not sure... :shock: whats the max res for mini 9?

Yeah it's a little bigger. I will be fix as long you provide feedback, which is why it's in testing. On my laptop which I happen to have "15, the P3 is smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back