Purple giving away Free TV?

SneakerNet

Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
or giving away free TV with SmartTV? Have anyone heard this rumor?

Reason I asked is that my wife's client told her about Purple giving away free TV. So she want to confirm it and not get fooled by this client. She asked me about it.... anyone??

I have tv and purple smart tv device over a year ago.
You can ask the purple company if they still give out smart purple device along with tv. Hope they are still doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Thanks FF, so both Smart TV and TV, which mean TV still own by Purple? and that tv can use as regular TV as well?

Simply ask Purple if they still do provide a TV for Smart VP.

Thanks FF, so both Smart TV and TV, which mean TV still own by Purple? and that tv can use as regular TV as well?

The TV I got from Purple can used as a regular TV. The one I got from Sorenson (I don't know if they still offer them) also can be used as a TV too. However, they're both small TVs. The Purple one is larger, but it's not that big. Good for an office, or a dorm. I use it exclusively for the VP though. We got them because I refused to put the VP on our main TV.

who cares if it comes with tv or not? why are you concerned about client being fooled? You either want the VP from a particular VRS company and if you dont have TV for vp connection but have high speed internet , then its up to the installer to make it work by getting a tv for you. this is the whole purpose of VRS companies giving out tv's.

I Love freebies the same as anyone- but not for the sole purpose of freebie- but to be able to make phone calls via VRS relay and its tough enough with all these expenses that goes with it. If you get a tv. great! then use it as tv along with VP calls.

The problem is that the VRS companies do not have it set in stone what the deaf/hoh customers can get in terms of "freebies" when they sign up for a videophone and their services. They get whatever it takes to get them up and running.

If you already have a tv, but want/need the vp in another room then tell the VRS installer of your needs. I am sure they can try to accommodate within reasonable means.

Like I stated in first post, it's for my wife who is counselor helping deaf people with low function or mental disability or drug abuse. Many of the tech/installer sometime just come in and install it, sign paper and then leave. Then this person or her client's eye's open up with shiny new TV and want to sell it for drugs but with his/her mental capacity, he or she have no understanding about the consequence or what the agreements say about the TV and Smart TV. So basically she just want to research or collect information about this, in a real world. Yes she did contact the VRS about it. This client have almost nothing in his apt, just internet and couch.

So now she will know what to say to his client and to be prepare for it.

Back