Proud mom of a two year old with CI :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Angel^ said:
*Shaking my head*...U keep missing that line! Same meaning, but different wordings.... :dizzy:

No.

^Angel^ said:
I stipulated that BOTH surgeries have different functions is being done.

No, I didn't miss this line. I had a good reason to not discuss the sentence. The word, stipulate isn't the right word to use. It really don't make any sense.

[SARCASM ALERT]

Thesaurus is a wonderful thing, but it's not to be overused. Stipulate, it's more of a legal term, and isn't commonly used by people. Mainly, the lawyers use that word.

Stipulate is not the correct word for a topic like cochlear implants. I think using the "big" word just backfired right into your face.

[/SARCASM ALERT]

I'm just being honest with you. :wave:

CI device into it if not drilled? With a fingernail? Nope. Don't think so. There IS drilling involved.
Yeah, but it's just a little drill to create a "bed" for the electrodes. It's not like they fracture the skull. Besides I had ear surgery when I was a teen. It involved DRILLING a hole in my head (born without ear canals or eardrums) Virtually all surgery involves drilling or opening stuff! That doesn't make it brain surgery!

Cheri said:
She talking about 2 months old since when does a baby at age 2 months old know what Cookie and Milk and eat and play when they can't even walk yet or have teeth and Cannot drink Milk yet until the age of 1 yrs old....and babies that age cannot see colors yet only black and white...I found that very Strange.. But Ok...

I don't mean to teach baby to sign. I mean to teach baby to understand the baby sign. they are fast visual learner!

this from: http://www.handspeak.com/baby/reallife.php
"I just wanted to say this is a great site, my friend refered me to it and I love it. I have a 2½ year old who loves this site because she can learn signs to communicate with her brother who is 3 months old and deaf. I have been signing to him and his twin since they were born. He smiles everytime I sign "I love you" so I know he is understanding. Thanks for this site." -- Brenda. Southern California, USA. February 6, 2000.

Reading and look at someone

People

Cheri, yes the God does provide the deaf get the cochlear implant. So.. if you have heart problem or have reading problem.. just say "I wish I can read better." What could be laser or glasses? Did ever the God made that?? Yes because he made that plan and please stop say about that way it suppose to be. What if the deaf child say, "I want hear the sounds." This is getting crazy about the God because God always providing to people whoever believe in him or not believe in him.

About the drilling. Well.. yes there are little drilling to using as carving. It doesn't open through.. If it open and then something will going bad because the health insurance gone not paid for it and who will paid for that your skull head need be fixed!

It has nothing to do get cochlear implant because of social reason or look good as cool group. It just something what we need to something better. If your face has one big brown mark as mold. People stare at you and want some people stop stare at you. What should you do? For women, will pick make over from their purse and cover that.. so.. it should not be part of God's plan, Cheri.

However the cochlear implant is just design new for hearing aids who is several to profound.

Deaf people will get cochlear implant is begin filling up each states. It will happen and nothing will ban.

Last edited:
Just because my baby was deaf I wasn't going to sit him in a chair and not communicate with him even at two months old. He couldn't hear me talk to him , so I signed to him...geez what a STRANGE concept huh Cheri?? :doh:

And once again..CI surgery is nothing even remotley close to brain surgery!!!!! Before you even make that RIDICULOUS statement again...look it up will ya? Just because drilling is involved does not make it brain surgery..the BRAIN isn't touched. The surgery is minor and people go home the same day in alot of cases. I tend to think brain surgery is a little more involved!

Malfoyish said:
I agree with ^Angel^. How exactly is the skull carved into in order to fit the CI device into it if not drilled? With a fingernail? Nope. Don't think so. There IS drilling involved. When I was ready to go for re-implantation, the surgeon's exact words to me were, "Your recovery should not be as bad as it was after the first implanting...because there will be no drilling involved this time around."

Malfoyish

And, I'm STILL sticking by my points as well. Whether we call this "brain surgery" or not, it is STILL a procedure that one must go through. It would seem that it is NOT something I would want to put a child through. Certainly, it is NOT something I would want to put a TODDLER through, because, toddlers cannot communicate well enough to allow one to ascertain whether they truly want the thing or not. I say wait until the kid is old enough to articulate their desires. After all, it is the deaf person that has to LIVE with this thing FOR LIFE, and once you do the procedure, you destroy what's left of their residual hearing, so that traditional HAs are no longer an option. Once you do that, there's no turning back. Just my two cents...

mylittlemen said:
Just because my baby was deaf I wasn't going to sit him in a chair and not communicate with him even at two months old. He couldn't hear me talk to him , so I signed to him...geez what a STRANGE concept huh Cheri?? :doh:

And once again..CI surgery is nothing even remotley close to brain surgery!!!!! Before you even make that RIDICULOUS statement again...look it up will ya? Just because drilling is involved does not make it brain surgery..the BRAIN isn't touched. The surgery is minor and people go home the same day in alot of cases. I tend to think brain surgery is a little more involved!

I DID NOT Said anything about brain surgery so don't tell me I make that Ridiculous statement again. Read who said it before blaming the Wrong Person. If you cannot handle other people Opinion then DO NOT Make a CI thread! *shaking my head*

and Ideafspy, I am ALLOW to say How I feel In my mind and In my heart You cannot stop me for saying what I think.. *shaking my head again*

This is my last time I posting in CI thread I see some of you people are closed mind cannot accept other people opinions not everyone out there do agree with CI so get use to it!!! This CI thread is so pathetic!

Where did I say that you said anything about brain surgery? I said your name when I was responding to where you said it was "strange" that I signed to my baby.. and I am far from close minded..but just as you are going to argue your points about how you feel..I am allowed to do the same..and I will!! :)

not pathetic!

We do not get drilled DAILY! it only happen once..

did you ever notice in these debates that nobody ever changes anyone's opinon and all that happens is arguing

mylittlemen said:
Where did I say that you said anything about brain surgery?

*rolling my eyes* If you pay attention at ur first post to me you said to me my statement was Ridiculous and then u said in second post AGAIN Ridiculous I only see you said Ridiculous to me Only so yes I thought you were talking about me...

*Cheers*

Well you were mistaken,I wasn't directing that at you :) Your not the only one who makes ridiculous statements.

Ok Everyone... U all have your own Briefs what U believe in and What I believe in... Therefore we should not Argue about it. I feel that if some of you are Offended to my Post then I Apology... . How about all of us give each other a handshake and Go past the Disagreement and Settle this once for all...How about a hug everyone? :grouphug:

mylittlemen If you are happy with what you have for Your Son then I wish you all the best of Lucks No hard Feeling here. Its your Child and U have every right to do what is best for your child. I Know you have confidence in your son and his process to the Successful...Best of Luck to you... :thumb: :ily:

mylittlemen said:
Well you were mistaken,I wasn't directing that at you :) Your not the only one who makes ridiculous statements.

Is my opinion also ridiculous?

What i said an earlier to respect anyone... You can´t expect that we follow your opinion...

What I stated is stay unchanged because I find it´s WRONG to implant babies to toddler because it´s THEIR bodies... IT´s them who wear CI rest of their life, not ME....
Please remember that I am NOT against CI... I beleive is support child´s CHOICE.....

Don´t even call us ridiculous again... Thank you...

I don´t like what you stated because you disagree with our opinion...

Please respect my choice as the same as I respect your choice, too.#

I don't think anyone or anyone's opinions are ridiculous, It is ridiculous to say CI surgery is brain surgery..

However..I respect all of your opinions and I hope that you all respect mine. This world would be a pretty boring place if we all agreed all the time.

I am off to get ready for an Easter Egg coloring party with the kiddos..

Have a great day :wave:

because, toddlers cannot communicate well enough to allow one to ascertain whether they truly want the thing or not. I say wait until the kid is old enough to articulate their desires. After all, it is the deaf person that has to LIVE with this thing FOR LIFE, and once you do the procedure, you destroy what's left of their residual hearing, so that traditional HAs are no longer an option. Once you do that, there's no turning back
That's why I am against CIs for ambigous cases, where the kid has quite a bit of benifit from traditional aids. It is just too difficult to tell accurately HOW well a young kid hears or doesn't hear with hearing aids. However, in cases where hearing aids obviously are of no benifit (deep profound losses and auditory nereopathies) then CIs are OK. The thing is....results with CIs are just so indivdual that it's not worth it to have the ambigious cases undergo surgery and rehabilation.

Banjo said:
No, I didn't miss this line. I had a good reason to not discuss the sentence. The word, stipulate isn't the right word to use. It really don't make any sense.

Apparently you seem to 'post' after ^Angel^'s posts...something that I've noticed lately...and quite bluntly, you're acting like whatever she has to say in her own opinion that you have to be 'there' to correct her however you see fit...whether it's with the wordings or her own view of a subject matter, etc. I'm not asserting that what you're doing is wrong...but can't you at least come across in a more decent way rather than being a bit too critical?! By the way, the word 'stipulate' means 'insist on' in reference to her line of thought...no further comment is neccessary for an explanation.... :|

[SARCASM ALERT]

Banjo said:
Thesaurus is a wonderful thing, but it's not to be overused. Stipulate, it's more of a legal term, and isn't commonly used by people. Mainly, the lawyers use that word.

Stipulate is not the correct word for a topic like cochlear implants. I think using the "big" word just backfired right into your face.

Who mentioned using a 'thesaurus'...what are you? A telepathic? I don't see her using one or have one (btw, I live with her and I would know...) ;) Apparently your description of the word, etc...backfired right back at you...I don't recall this forum being a place where others are 'correcting' word usage or a school of sorts.... :ugh:

And finally...the sarcasm is on you...for the way you're coming across here towards ^Angel^...I can see that she mentioned that she didn't want to start anything with you, but it seems like there's no end to it...you always have an 'answer' to everything and act like whatever she is posting is 'wrong' or trying to 'correct' without regards to her own opinions...I haven't seen any of her posts 'correcting' you with your wordings, etc...why should you? We're all here to openly share our thoughts and views without having to 'correct' anyone BUT to respect for whatever anyone expresses here with their views/opinions....

PEACE.... :cool:

bbnt said:
did you ever notice in these debates that nobody ever changes anyone's opinon and all that happens is arguing

:werd: yup. not only this thread, but other threads as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back