Pros and Cons of Virgina?

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
My dad is most likely moving to Williamsburg, Va so I am curious what are the Pros and Cons about it. I will be helping him move and staying with him most of the summer. And it would be easier when I get a License I can drive to see him from NY often also. :) So type away and tell me! :cool:

first you said Oklahoma, then Colorado, then Southern Illinois.... I don't know what to believe ya or not.

I thought you said that you were moving to South Carolina? :confused:

This looks like a confused post :confused:

I just spent a week thier, nice place lots of trees small compared to rochester nice people tho.

Well like other ADers said that you keep changing minds about moving to CO, SC or whatever.. simple is research online.

I've been to VA and it is beautiful but cost of living is insane. Good luck!

I agree with everyone in this thread, you say one thing then say another, I'm not sure if you're doing this for the attention or what, but here it goes...

Cost of Living: VERY Expensive ( LakeTahoe was correct on that one )

Traffic: HORRIBLE

Crimes: So and so...

Weather: You'll have both, snow in winter, and temp over 100 in the summertime....

Good luck...

first you said Oklahoma, then Colorado, then Southern Illinois.... I don't know what to believe ya or not.

No, she don't said that, just planned about in future, only goes to SC but she moved to Upstate NY right now and used to lived in Indiana at previous before left to NY.

She's talked about her father that moving to VA, not for her but will return to NY for NTID.

Pacman, She has told me that her DAD will be moving to these place, Oklahoma, Southern Illinois, Colorado, SC, now willamsburg,VA....

No, she don't said that, just planned about in future, only goes to SC but she moved to Upstate NY right now and used to lived in Indiana at previous before left to NY.

She's talked about her father that moving to VA, not for her but will return to NY for NTID.

I agree with everyone in this thread, you say one thing then say another, I'm not sure if you're doing this for the attention or what, but here it goes...

Weather: You'll have both, snow in winter, and temp over 100 in the summertime....

Sounds like you're talking about Northern VA (where I live). Here, it IS very expensive, and traffic IS horrible, etc.

However, the majority of the state is quite different. Williamsburg is a VERY different atmosphere than NoVA. It's cheaper, the traffic isn't nearly as bad, etc.

It's a college town (William & Mary), home of COLONIAL Williamsburg (which is very cool, if you're into early American history at all), and also Busch Gardens: The Old Country (a very popular theme park).

There are also some decent beaches down in that part of VA (or, not very far away, at least).

Alright.. I want to live in SC in the future.. not right now. I am in Illinois with my family for a while.. and yes my dad is considering moving to VA or colorado not southern Illinois anymore.. and yes I shall return to NY to visit my friends at RIT but for now going to a community college here in the fall to become a nurse. And I want to work on the military base after college so I can help the soliders with their health. Sorry for the confusion you guys.. at least be nice pleaes.. geez.

Yeah that's FairFax, Va.. Williamsburg is southern Va and yeah its so beautiful there though. My dad wants to have a different job and career in his life. He wants something new and different.

Sounds like you're talking about Northern VA (where I live). Here, it IS very expensive, and traffic IS horrible, etc.

However, the majority of the state is quite different. Williamsburg is a VERY different atmosphere than NoVA. It's cheaper, the traffic isn't nearly as bad, etc.

It's a college town (William & Mary), home of COLONIAL Williamsburg (which is very cool, if you're into early American history at all), and also Busch Gardens: The Old Country (a very popular theme park).

There are also some decent beaches down in that part of VA (or, not very far away, at least).

Good luck...

Snow? It doesn't snow much in VA nowadays. If you get heavy snow which is very rare, you'll get about 7 to 10 inches of snow.

Yep, the traffic is awful especially around DC and the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area.

Yeah.. Kristin aka Krizzy (my Mau'Loa gang) my best friend told me that it doesnt snow much in VA.. she grew up there.. and yeah its famous for traffic.. Fairfax is 15 mintues from DC.. I have been there also.

Snow? It doesn't snow much in VA nowadays. If you get heavy snow which is very rare, you'll get about 7 to 10 inches of snow.

Yep, the traffic is awful especially around DC and the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area.

I used to go to MSSD so I should know. I haven't forgotten the time I was going home to Richmond when my bus hit a hearse on the way and then some really major accident happened on I-95 so what should've been a 15 minute trip out of DC took 3 hours.

My parents used to own a vacation home in VA Beach. Traffic was awful in the summer.

A good summary of VA! I will totally agree that No VA is the place you don't want to live as it is extremely expensive. The rest of the state isn't too bad. Traffic is a nightmare in No Va as well. There are only four hours from midnight to four in the morning that you can get around easily.

Back