Profoundly deaf - anyone like me, have CI?

ah.... you've finally realized that you have been talking very loud for the whole time :lol:

I think I have told you that you do talk quite loud when you visited NYC. I had to reduce my volume :lol:

after getting my new hearing aids, it took me less than a month to get used to all these noises. it's still awful but I'm slowly getting used to it.... still awful though :lol:

hopefully it will be a short time for you to get used to all these new sounds.

Glad things are going well for you. :)

ah.... you've finally realized that you have been talking very loud for the whole time :lol:

I think I have told you that you do talk quite loud when you visited NYC. I had to reduce my volume :lol: after getting my new hearing aids, it took me less than a month to get used to all these noises. it's still awful but I'm slowly getting used to it.... still awful though :lol:

That was one great and meet up! I will always cherish it.

I think I have told you that you do talk quite loud when you visited NYC. I had to reduce my volume :lol:

after getting my new hearing aids, it took me less than a month to get used to all these noises. it's still awful but I'm slowly getting used to it.... still awful though :lol:

Yeah thats why I realised and that shut me up.

Sorry it took me so long I just remembered I needed to do this ... a pic of what I get when I try to view the blog ... it just keeps popping up over and over again ...
2013-07-03_00-32-30_762.jpg

Sorry it took me so long I just remembered I needed to do this ... a pic of what I get when I try to view the blog ... it just keeps popping up over and over again ...
2013-07-03_00-32-30_762.jpg

Try different browser

Aww great blog!! So exciting, and you're excitement is contagious. I tested up when you talked about watching your activation video with your mum :)

Try different browser

I did just that I tried Chrome instead of Firefox and it worked :D ... I read your blog from the start ... dude thats just awesome!!! when you talked about what you were hearing first that reminded me of my activation day first thing I heard was how loud the air conditioner was and papers shuffling ... the robotic sound will go away in a few months I promise you that ... it wont even exist once your brain adapts ... you can hear little stuff now I'm sure ... open a bottle of new soda and you'll be able to hear it fizz ... you'll be able to hear a cat purring ... it's a new world for you my friend ... it will take a few months but I'd say since its gone this well so far after a few mappings you'll be able to use a phone with it ... you should have got a audio wire to connect like an ipod or mp3 player to it I've used my cable to hook it to my cell phone ... you'd still have to talk into the phone mic but the sound would go directly into the CI ... but thats down the road ... after some mappings you and your audi can play with different mappings and settings for different situations ... like I have my normal settings in program 1 ... program 2 is phone settings the volume is higher and the sensitivity is lower ... you can have the audi program the 4 slots to what you want to try they can set it to anything .... to quieten different frequencies while making others louder and so on... as far as the metallic taste it may take a few months for that or it may take weeks ... it took me almost 3 months before that went away ... looks like you wont be able to see your scar in time ... I'll find my pics of mine after I got home from the hospital and send you one in a couple days i had 10 staples in the side of my head from above my ear all the way around to below my ear ... but the main thing just be patient with it ... its not an over night cure it will take time to become totally proficient with your CI but its totally worth it ... if you have any questions I can help you with just let me know.

Yeah, i know it is more than I expected to come out with my CI. Im going to write the latest blog in relation to what I have heard from the first few days. :cool2: So stay tuned!

lol aw. you cried like a real man.

i_hug_that_feel.png

the car engine running part. yep... after getting my new HA... I had no idea how lllloooouuuudddddd my truck is. the first couple weeks was a constant headache for me. I finally got used to it. :dizzy:

out of all sounds you have listed... slurping is the sound I hate the most. it's... very low class. never really understood why people would slurp from a spoon. it's disgusting. :lol:

I highly recommend you to listen to symphony or classical music rather than bass music because classical music is very finely tuned with all range of pitches. perhaps that's why it sharpened my hearing ability over years since I was little because I played classical music on piano. try this one... it's one of my favorite music... I don't know if you have a device that will connects directly from your CI to music source (bluetooth, audio cable, etc) but if you do, do it if you're comfortable with it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ9qWpa2rIg[/ame]

Interesting.. went to read JClarke's blog and it won't let me in. hmmm

Ahh found another link to his blog

Last edited:
Yes he should have 2 different cable to hook the CI directly to something. One is for an ipod or mp3 player that uses batteries only... the other cable is to connect to a laptop or tv thats connected to a power source it has an inline surge protector in the cable itself.

Yes he should have 2 different cable to hook the CI directly to something. One is for an ipod or mp3 player that uses batteries only... the other cable is to connect to a laptop or tv thats connected to a power source it has an inline surge protector in the cable itself.
Yep, I have that. :)

the car engine running part. yep... after getting my new HA... I had no idea how lllloooouuuudddddd my truck is. the first couple weeks was a constant headache for me. I finally got used to it. :dizzy:

out of all sounds you have listed... slurping is the sound I hate the most. it's... very low class. never really understood why people would slurp from a spoon. it's disgusting. :lol:

I highly recommend you to listen to symphony or classical music rather than bass music because classical music is very finely tuned with all range of pitches. perhaps that's why it sharpened my hearing ability over years since I was little because I played classical music on piano. try this one... it's one of my favorite music... I don't know if you have a device that will connects directly from your CI to music source (bluetooth, audio cable, etc) but if you do, do it if you're comfortable with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ9qWpa2rIg
Thanks Jiro for the recommendation! That classical music is definitely fined, I could tell which is which, the sounds of the piano and the violins. Wonderful! If you know any other good music that you think I should listen, throw it to me, I'll give it a go.

I have a question please......does Cochlear brand have these two cables? I have only seen one with my stuff.

Back