Problem with Hearing Aids - need an advice.

What's the name of the insurance do you have, FriendlyGuy? I know it's free to have tubes and filters to change but I DO NOT and I was not asked for a major cleaning. They damaged my hearing aid. One out of 2 microphones isn't working.

There are two federal funded insurances I believe which are medicare and medicaid. From there you are either more qualified for one than the other. There are even possibly different variants as well.

The audiologist is no longer working there. I got me a different person who finally listen to me.

I am glad that you finally got it resolved though.

Hi FriendlyGuy, I don't think I'll be qualify for either Medicaid or Medicare. I'm not old enough for Medicare and I'm overqualified for Medicaid. Texas welfare will not help me as long as I'm working.

Last edited:
Hi FriendlyGuy, I don't think I'll be qualify for either Medicaid or Medicare. I'm not enough for Medicare and I'm overqualified for Medicaid. Texas welfare will not help me as long as I'm working.

Does your job not supply superior healthcare??

I don't have health insurance with my job but with my husband's and no they don't coverage hearing aids.

I don't have health insurance with my job but with my husband's and no they don't coverage hearing aids.

If it doesn't comes with it I don't see why you can't get it. As I seen there people that makes 6 figures that still have insurance provided by the government.

I got a phone call from the audiologist. She told me that the hearing aid was almost destroyed. They had to replace almost everything. I'm going to ask them today when I pick it up. I'm going to ask them again, to tell me how would I break my hearing aid and why? The guy is no longer there, he opened my hearing aid (took the whole cover off) and kept telling me that he doesn't see anything wrong with it. Make me so darn mad. I may need to hire me a lawyer and see if they can change their policy. Don't use a air compressor to blow junk out. And need to ask permission before doing anything.

I got a phone call from the audiologist. She told me that the hearing aid was almost destroyed. They had to replace almost everything. I'm going to ask them today when I pick it up. I'm going to ask them again, to tell me how would I break my hearing aid and why? The guy is no longer there, he opened my hearing aid (took the whole cover off) and kept telling me that he doesn't see anything wrong with it. Make me so darn mad. I may need to hire me a lawyer and see if they can change their policy. Don't use a air compressor to blow junk out. And need to ask permission before doing anything.

Hold your horses! Why not if you haven't just ask them if they can simply covers the replacement/repairs costs? Failing that then file a complaint to the facility in question is your next step. THEN and ONLY then failing ALL of that then lawyer up.

Sorry for not responding, I've been kind of busy. They didn't charge me for repairing the hearing aid. However, little that I know, my health insurance paid for me to get new hearing aids. I was like, surprise. Now, trying to get used to this new hearing aids. I need for them to do something with my Bluetooth. I can hardly hear or understand my daughter or my husband. Way too much background noise. I like the way my old one work. URG, back to the audiologist. I remember someone told me that they can't cut back the background noise on the Bluetooth while I'm driving, something about it's against the laws. I have never understood that.
If it's against the laws, cause fearing that I'm or anyone who has their background noise cut off and the person can't hear while on their Bluetooth, then are they afraid of deaf people driving?

Though you are not that much old enough to get enrolled under Medicare insurance, but you can apply for it as some Medicare insurance plan have special enrollment criteria if a person is diagnosed with such condition. I would advise you to take some time and contact the professionals like The Health Exchange Agency who can help you in guiding towards the right path by letting you select the right Medicare insurance.

Back