Problem with Hearing Aids - need an advice.

goldpony

Reaction score
I have questions about hearing aids. I feel like I'm having some issue with my hearing aids and I need an advice. I'm so frustrated. I went in last Monday to have my tubes replaced. Once I got my hearing aids back in, I told the audiologist that my right hearing aid sound stop up. I know that there are 2 Phonak Wind and Weather Protector on the hearing aid. I was wondering if that might be the reason that it sounds stop up or while they were cleaning it with an air blower that they might have knocked some wire off? I also ask him to make an adjustment on my sound (big mistake) Now my background noise is far too low. I went shopping and I can't hear anyone talking to me not even the cash register. I was embarrassed.

Take it back and tell the person who changed out the tubes that the HA was working fine before they changed the tube and now it's not working. they can easily check it to see if it's amplifying anything and if not they can then get to work to solve the problem.

I did that and he kept telling me that there's nothing wrong with it. I told him that it doesn't sound clear like before and I didn't do anything to it. What caught me off when he used the air blower. All I wanted was to change the tubes, not take the back off and use the air blower. Is that their procedures for changing tubes?

You can change the tube yourself on most hearing aids. If you haven't done before you can watch instructions here:

You can order tubes here:
https://lloydhearingaid.com/shopping/accessories/bte.asp

If you are not sure what you need, call or email their support line. Tell them what you have and they can advise you one what to get.

I have been changing my own tubes for years. It is quiet easy once you get used to the process.

the audiologist told me that I can't change it myself. Something to do with screwing up the ear molds. I was like, "WHAT". Thank Jane B for the video. I know it's easy to change it yourself, I've watch them do it. I just don't understand why they open the programming cover and use an air compressor to clean out what ever it's in there for them to blow it out. It just doesn't seem right. All I asked them to do is change the tube.
Once I get it fix, I'm going to contact lloydhearingaid and order me tubes. Not taking anymore chance. This is ridiculous.

I clean and change my tubes all the time, it's easy to do once you know how.

they say that so they can make money. now a days its cost. some places do it for free, depends on where you live

They have never charged me for changing tubes. I have already made up my mind. Once I get my hearing aid fix, I'm going to buy my own tubes and filters and do it myself. I'm just so frustrated that my hearing aid isn't working like it used to be and I may need to get my microphone fix. I just don't understand why he didn't ask for my permission to open the programming door to blow out the junk. I feel like that he should be the one to pay for the damage.
:(

I went to a different audiologist under the same company name, he told me that my microphone isn't working correctly. Some how it got damage while cleaning. I'm furious. I'll have to take it back next week for him to get it work on and they will get me a loaner til I get mine back. After it get fix, I'm planning on changing the tubes and filter myself.

they say that so they can make money. now a days its cost. some places do it for free, depends on where you live

Where I lives it is indeed too free for me to have the tubes replaced AND cleaned as they keep my insurance on file that covers these. My insurance at that center will even provides yearly molds' replacements AND monthly supply of batteries too.

The only thing I really hate about these that if kept in so long they will obviously get all "gross" because of the wax not being able to exit the ears as they would in nature. Since the molds are in for obvious reasons.

So what I do is just not wear them for more than a few hours at time to try to limit this and getting ear problems.

Where I lives it is indeed too free for me to have the tubes replaced AND cleaned as they keep my insurance on file that covers these. My insurance at that center will even provides yearly molds' replacements AND monthly supply of batteries too.

The only thing I really hate about these that if kept in so long they will obviously get all "gross" because of the wax not being able to exit the ears as they would in nature. Since the molds are in for obvious reasons.

So what I do is just not wear them for more than a few hours at time to try to limit this and getting ear problems.
Its not free where I live. pooh! we shouldnt have to pay so much for a hearing aid and they should be abe to cover it on insurance. I think its a little unfair. MHO

Its not free where I live. pooh! we shouldnt have to pay so much for a hearing aid and they should be abe to cover it on insurance. I think its a little unfair. MHO

Couldn't you change insurances then? I am on federally funded insurance (meaning I don't even pay a premium) and they do all of the above. Even NEW hearing aids up to every 5 years for adults.

Couldn't you change insurances then? I am on federally funded insurance (meaning I don't even pay a premium) and they do all of the above. Even NEW hearing aids up to every 5 years for adults.
I don't have insurance. I have a backup hearing aid still... most insurance doesn't pay hearing aids, I believe. anyway if my hearing aids die and I have no money which will be fine with me, I will just be deaf without it. :D makes no difference to me

I don't have insurance. I have a backup hearing aid still... most insurance doesn't pay hearing aids, I believe. anyway if my hearing aids die and I have no money which will be fine with me, I will just be deaf without it. :D makes no difference to me

It's strongly recommended to have insurance even if you think you may not need it. What if you hit a bus tomorrow? Do you have the money to pay for operations that could range in the $x,xxx-$xx,xxx PLUS hospitalization?

It's OKAY to make a decision that your not strictly going to concern yourself with hearing aids coverage as that is not life threaten BUT for like the conditions above or even a trip to the hospital? You should really apply for insurance for such instances.

Even then THERE are options for deaf/hard of hearing people to get insurances for those items, appointments and so on. Even for more specialized care like eyes I am able to get comfortable coverage for them too since I am deaf/blind.

All in all PLEASE don't go "out alone" and certainly don't let your conditions stop you from having sufficient insurances if you believe you want/need them.

It's strongly recommended to have insurance even if you think you may not need it. What if you hit a bus tomorrow? Do you have the money to pay for operations that could range in the $x,xxx-$xx,xxx PLUS hospitalization?

It's OKAY to make a decision that your not strictly going to concern yourself with hearing aids coverage as that is not life threaten BUT for like the conditions above or even a trip to the hospital? You should really apply for insurance for such instances.

Even then THERE are options for deaf/hard of hearing people to get insurances for those items, appointments and so on. Even for more specialized care like eyes I am able to get comfortable coverage for them too since I am deaf/blind.

All in all PLEASE don't go "out alone" and certainly don't let your conditions stop you from having sufficient insurances if you believe you want/need them.
To be honest, money wont be a factor once the money will no longer be of value. Pretty soon the system is going to crash and everything we built on will go with it.

Thanks for your advice and your concern :) its nice to know there are people out there that do care . :)

To be honest, money wont be a factor once the money will no longer be of value. Pretty soon the system is going to crash and everything we built on will go with it.

Thanks for your advice and your concern :) its nice to know there are people out there that do care . :)

I strongly agree on where your coming at, as I too find that people are too "struck" into the nature of earning money. Not too long ago it wasn't too hard to get the "extra mileages" whether that's with or even without money. However it seems to me that it getting harder to find people and/or businesses are willing to do much/any of this anymore. Therefore this "victorious cycle" is hard to "break".

However sadly in this topic and in general life until something is done this is likely going to be the "necessary of evil" in life at least in some way(s).

Finally you are welcomed! I can't help to see ANYONE to have to go through like that so I thought it was something worth mentioning for the good in everyone to be able to understand such. :)

I strongly agree on where your coming at, as I too find that people are too "struck" into the nature of earning money. Not too long ago it wasn't too hard to get the "extra mileages" whether that's with or even without money. However it seems to me that it getting harder to find people and/or businesses are willing to do much/any of this anymore. Therefore this "victorious cycle" is hard to "break".

However sadly in this topic and in general life until something is done this is likely going to be the "necessary of evil" in life at least in some way(s).

Finally you are welcomed! I can't help to see ANYONE to have to go through like that so I thought it was something worth mentioning for the good in everyone to be able to understand such. :)
Life does have a way of repeating itself as history should have already taught us a lesson, but unfortunately, we all flawed in this area and that is not learning from our mistakes. The cycle we have today is that honestly, the 1% is stealing from everyone including their own kind is not your average joe, but the fact is they are the worst kind of evil. Evil has been here since day one, there is NO escaping from that. We live to make choices for our own benefit, most don't even know what they want. As a deaf community, we are barely being heard and that hurts to be quite frank. It's like the "Dis" abled are not ben treated the same as everyone else. However, we are STILL here, living among them... that counts for something. :)

Thank you for your kind words :) See you around on the boards!! :D

They said it's not under warranty but it was under a different company name before they took over.

What's the name of the insurance do you have, FriendlyGuy? I know it's free to have tubes and filters to change but I DO NOT and I was not asked for a major cleaning. They damaged my hearing aid. One out of 2 microphones isn't working.

Back