Problem with Hearing Aids - need an advice.

What's the name of the insurance do you have, FriendlyGuy? I know it's free to have tubes and filters to change but I DO NOT and I was not asked for a major cleaning. They damaged my hearing aid. One out of 2 microphones isn't working.
There are two federal funded insurances I believe which are medicare and medicaid. From there you are either more qualified for one than the other. There are even possibly different variants as well.

The audiologist is no longer working there. I got me a different person who finally listen to me.
I am glad that you finally got it resolved though.

Hi FriendlyGuy, I don't think I'll be qualify for either Medicaid or Medicare. I'm not old enough for Medicare and I'm overqualified for Medicaid. Texas welfare will not help me as long as I'm working.

Last edited:
I got a phone call from the audiologist. She told me that the hearing aid was almost destroyed. They had to replace almost everything. I'm going to ask them today when I pick it up. I'm going to ask them again, to tell me how would I break my hearing aid and why? The guy is no longer there, he opened my hearing aid (took the whole cover off) and kept telling me that he doesn't see anything wrong with it. Make me so darn mad. I may need to hire me a lawyer and see if they can change their policy. Don't use a air compressor to blow junk out. And need to ask permission before doing anything.

I got a phone call from the audiologist. She told me that the hearing aid was almost destroyed. They had to replace almost everything. I'm going to ask them today when I pick it up. I'm going to ask them again, to tell me how would I break my hearing aid and why? The guy is no longer there, he opened my hearing aid (took the whole cover off) and kept telling me that he doesn't see anything wrong with it. Make me so darn mad. I may need to hire me a lawyer and see if they can change their policy. Don't use a air compressor to blow junk out. And need to ask permission before doing anything.
Hold your horses! Why not if you haven't just ask them if they can simply covers the replacement/repairs costs? Failing that then file a complaint to the facility in question is your next step. THEN and ONLY then failing ALL of that then lawyer up.