Pro & Cons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you hoichi! This is much more approachable than your usual rants calling people "creeps" etc. I do agree with one of the people that commented that they do need to acknowledge that hearing parents are most likely to be grieving upon learning that their baby is deaf. There are a few other terms that it feels like they really had to search to find something else to use rather than the common term.

Thank you hoichi! This is much more approachable than your usual rants calling people "creeps" etc. I do agree with one of the people that commented that they do need to acknowledge that hearing parents are most likely to be grieving upon learning that their baby is deaf. There are a few other terms that it feels like they really had to search to find something else to use rather than the common term.

your welcome janeb.

This really does seem to include both sides.

it show both sides very very unequally..and with a given agenda.

lets go through it shall we....'-)

the first 8 paragraphs deal with CI, and the pros and the mentioned though not explored medical cons.

it has 2 paragraphs that take into account Deaf opposition.
of those 2 paragraphs. they don't even mention the reasons why we resist, the fundamental reasons, the behaviour of the combined system in its actions and polices perpetrated on Deaf children..

and that's not me even focusing on the language and value judgments used in this article..

which ill more then happily get to when its called for

Please quit taking it for granted that everyone wants and is on facebook!

sorry i'm not a tech wizard so im trying o find the vids for you that are on youtube..
pls have patience..

thank you..

for jane
this is a different vid, as i'm still looking for the ones you cant open..

Gallaudet University and the National Association of the Deaf Bust ASL Myths

Right now mommies of ci kids are war with lead k peeps. It gets ugly.

Frisky, I am not quite sure what group you are referring to when you say "lead k peeps"

The group who works with the Lead-K, who are supporting the ASL for age 0 to 5 to make a law which California did pass. However other states don't.. It is pretty complicated for me to explain, because lots of hearing parents of deaf children that aren't into this kind of law. like I said, both of them are battling over lead-k that are ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back