Price of Warfare

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
1ig8pw.jpg

thought I'd share this. I say - yes it's worth the cost of protection & armor because humans are obviously irreplaceable and it costs more to train new soldiers than to replace protections.

What about the body armor suit that Master Chief wears? seems completely 100% protected for a soilder thru anything...well almost anything.

masterchief.jpg

That's what I'd like but....

29mwpz9.jpg

I guess we'll have to wait for future technology to be developed for those soft spot. "Tough like 3" thick steel armor but thin as a cloth"

a lot of money is made off of wars

which is important because it is a powerful motivator for huge technological growth that greatly benefits us. sucks but it's how it is because it's usually at the expense of human lives..... :(

exoskeleton.jpg

I think that Army might order Robotic exoskeleton suits.

exoskeleton.jpg

I think that Army might order Robotic exoskeleton suits.

only for legs (a term for Army soldiers whose jobs are to do "mundane" stuff like loading/unloading supplies)

I imagine that better version of exosekeleton would be as close as Master Sergeant... probably in 15+ years.

which is important because it is a powerful motivator for huge technological growth that greatly benefits us. sucks but it's how it is because it's usually at the expense of human lives..... :(
Yeah... :(

bush-shame.jpg

Considering inflation, they're probably all equivalent to the same price tag!

Considering inflation, they're probably all equivalent to the same price tag!

it is already adjusted based on inflation. If our soldiers were to be equipped like WW2 soldier - it'd currently cost us $170.

it is already adjusted based on inflation. If our soldiers were to be equipped like WW2 soldier - it'd currently cost us $170.

:shock: I think we're headed in the appropriate direction to make them more deadlier than ever.

:shock: I think we're headed in the appropriate direction to make them more deadlier than ever.

let's put it this way - the more effective and lethal (and high tech) our soldiers are, the less number of soldiers are needed at battlefield. and also - the shorter the war is. and the less collateral damages.

The point of war is to accomplish the objective. The faster we are able to accomplish the objective, the shorter the war is and the less deaths there are. so this is a good direction we're going to.

That is the problem in Iraq - we can kick ass, but can't babysit a bunch of extremist morons. That price tag better come with training for occupying a defeated country.

Back